Post: Universal iPhone unlock found, all basebands supported, as long as you're jailbroken!
04-22-2012, 12:07 PM #1
Default Avatar
x iJB x
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); iPhone unlockers worldwide are today celebrating the amazing find by Loktar_Sun, who has found a method of unlocking all iPhones regardless of the baseband.

The method uses @sbingner's SAM (Subscriber Artificial Module), which is normally used for activations. A potential exploit was researched by the iPhone Dev Team a while ago but was not done effectively and was therefore scrapped, however MuscleNerd has confirmed his team did not perform enough tests.

To perform the unlock, you need to have inserted the SIM card you want to use into your iPhone. An important note is that you will have to repeat this for each SIM card that you plan to use with the iPhone.

To perform the unlock:

Open Cydia and add the following repository:
    https://repo.bingner.com

This repo contains @sbingner's updated SAM tool that you'll need to install.

Open SAM, either through Settings.app or via the SAMPrefs icon on the springboard. Make sure your intended SIM card is installed in the device.

Open Utilities and tap Deactivate iPhone. If this works, the ActivationState should now be Unactivated.

Under Methods select By Country and Carrier. The find your carrier in the list. You may need the SIM ID if your network works with more than just the network ID.

Enter More Information and note down the IMSI that is listed underneath SAM Details. Then select Spoof Real SIM to SAM. Go back to the main SAM screen and change Method to Manual. Then enter the IMSI you noted down before.

Connect your iPhone to iTunes and let iTunes reactivate the iPhone. When this is complete, double click on Phone Number in iTunes and make use the ICCID shown matches the one written on the SIM card. If it doesn't, repeat the entire process again.

If the ICCID's do match, disconnect the iPhone from iTunes and disable SAM. Reconnect to iTunes, and ignore any error messages that appear. Close iTunes then reopen it.

Your iPhone will soon display signal bars, meaning the procedure has been performed correctly. If push messaging does not work correctly, enter SAM and tap Clear Push to fix, then connect to iTunes.

Thanks to .Coqui for the video!

Thanks to Mr.Kane for this video!

You must login or register to view this content.
Last edited by x iJB x ; 04-22-2012 at 05:00 PM.

The following 4 users say thank you to x iJB x for this useful post:

Mr. Bean, Phrenzy, Yoko
04-22-2012, 12:26 PM #2
Originally posted by x
iPhone unlockers worldwide are today celebrating the amazing find by Loktar_Sun, who has found a method of unlocking all iPhones regardless of the baseband.

The method uses @sbingner's SAM (Subscriber Artificial Module), which is normally used for activations. A potential exploit was researched by the iPhone Dev Team a while ago but was not done effectively and was therefore scrapped, however MuscleNerd has confirmed his team did not perform enough tests.

To perform the unlock, you need to have inserted the SIM card you want to use into your iPhone. An important note is that you will have to repeat this for each SIM card that you plan to use with the iPhone.

To perform the unlock:

Open SAM, either through Settings.app or via the SAMPrefs icon on the springboard. Make sure your intended SIM card is installed in the device.

Open Utilities and tap Deactivate iPhone. If this works, the ActivationState should now be Unactivated.

Under Methods select By Country and Carrier. The find your carrier in the list. You may need the SIM ID if your network works with more than just the network ID.

Enter More Information and note down the IMSI that is listed underneath SAM Details. Then select Spoof Real SIM to SAM. Go back to the main SAM screen and change Method to Manual. Then enter the IMSI you noted down before.

Connect your iPhone to iTunes and let iTunes reactivate the iPhone. When this is complete, double click on Phone Number in iTunes and make use the ICCID shown matches the one written on the SIM card. If it doesn't, repeat the entire process again.

If the ICCID's do match, disconnect the iPhone from iTunes and disable SAM. Reconnect to iTunes, and ignore any error messages that appear. Close iTunes then reopen it.

Your iPhone will soon display signal bars, meaning the procedure has been performed correctly. If push messaging does not work correctly, enter SAM and tap Clear Push to fix, then connect to iTunes.

I'll record a video on my device and computer of the entire procedure as soon as my locked iPhone 4 has recharged completely, and edit it into this article.

you should be part of tutorial team :fa:. good article/tutorial anyway keep it up.

The following user thanked Mr. Bean for this useful post:

Yoko
04-22-2012, 12:49 PM #3
Yoko
Banned
:yuno: pictures but great tutorial Happy
04-22-2012, 03:06 PM #4
Coqui
Former Staff
Originally posted by Yoko View Post
:yuno: pictures but great tutorial Happy

There you go =D You must login or register to view this content.

---------- Post added at 11:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:05 AM ----------

Originally posted by x
To perform the unlock:

Maybe you can add that to the thread it will help a lot other users. Smile

The following user thanked Coqui for this useful post:

04-22-2012, 03:23 PM #5
Default Avatar
x iJB x
Originally posted by .Coqui View Post
There you go =D You must login or register to view this content.

---------- Post added at 11:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:05 AM ----------

Maybe you can add that to the thread it will help a lot other users. Smile

Added, thanks man! Smile
04-22-2012, 04:33 PM #6
Nknights23
Original Gamer
Crazy shananigans... This is a great find. And it will probably be fixed very soon aha
04-22-2012, 05:32 PM #7
WOW great post jb, i might use this on my iphone, if im bothered to, i barely use my iphone anymore.
04-22-2012, 07:33 PM #8
So if I do this with tmobile will i still have 2g ?
04-22-2012, 08:01 PM #9
annakate
Bounty hunter
Great Tut JB<3 I would try, but I'd probably end up butchering my ipod xD

The following user thanked annakate for this useful post:

04-25-2012, 03:37 AM #10
Cubs
Next year is the year..
Originally posted by x
iPhone unlockers worldwide are today celebrating the amazing find by Loktar_Sun, who has found a method of unlocking all iPhones regardless of the baseband.

To perform the unlock:

Thanks to .Coqui for the video!

Thanks to Mr.Kane for this video!

This may be a stupid question, but what does unlocking an iPhone do? I have a 4s on verizon

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo