06-04-2014, 07:44 PM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); So, I was drinking coke and it fell (half of the bottle True story )on the controller. So I opened it and let it dry for 1-2 days. When I started using it, only d pad, and the home button works. And for some strange reason the XMB is moving to the left. Is there way to fix it w/o buying a new controller? Crying

P.S: I tried to replace the green print to the drenched one, but it did not fix it.

One more question.

My other controller L3 button does not make the click sound when press it. It works but not click sound. Is there anyway to fix that? I am thinking to use compressed air, but I think that wont do anything. Idk

Last edited by ItzKitKat ; 06-04-2014 at 08:15 PM.
06-04-2014, 07:55 PM #2
your controller = fucked, sorry to say but your going to need a new one
06-04-2014, 09:31 PM #3
Dominator666
I defeated!
yes there is don't listen to this guy ive got a rapid fire one that had same issue you need to take it apart take either cotton swabs or cotton balls put rubbing alcohol on it and clean controller parts vigorously and thouroughly... once all parts are clean put controller back together again.... also make sure the black strip is clean and put back in or it will do weird shit like scroll left or right sometimes wont even work at all...

The following user thanked Dominator666 for this useful post:

ItzKitKat
06-04-2014, 11:38 PM #4
Originally posted by dominator666 View Post
yes there is don't listen to this guy ive got a rapid fire one that had same issue you need to take it apart take either cotton swabs or cotton balls put rubbing alcohol on it and clean controller parts vigorously and thouroughly... once all parts are clean put controller back together again.... also make sure the black strip is clean and put back in or it will do weird shit like scroll left or right sometimes wont even work at all...

Thanks, I will try it.
06-05-2014, 12:08 AM #5
Dominator666
I defeated!
Make sure you have the black piece on it seriously its extremely important for functioning properly..If its missing i once replaced it with a piece of cardboard and then used black magic marker to darken it with. Hope this helps
06-05-2014, 10:53 AM #6
Joel
[move]Sal:madsal::laim:[/move]
Since soda is sticky, you will need to open up your controller and try to take out that stickiness lol.

The following user thanked Joel for this useful post:

ItzKitKat
06-06-2014, 10:56 AM #7
I tired it with alcohol and it did not work. Thanks for helping!
06-06-2014, 06:43 PM #8
mack32
Hurah!
Soda is acidic, it may have eaten some components in the controller which could probably not be fixable. I'd just buy a new controller. There're some gently used controllers on ebay for $30
Last edited by mack32 ; 06-06-2014 at 08:29 PM.
06-06-2014, 07:15 PM #9
Citadel
Samurai Poster
This happened to me but with vodka and rum. Take the pad apart and wipe it down with an almost 100% dried out cloth then wait like an hour-2 for it to dry. Put it together and test it. Mine works better than when I did before
06-06-2014, 08:28 PM #10
Originally posted by Mackalicious View Post
Soda is acidic, it may have eaten some components in the controller which could probably not be fixable. I'd just buy a new controller. They're some gently used controllers on ebay for $30

I have seen Madcatz Ghost Recon Wireless PlayStation 3 Gamepad for $6.95 but it takes battery. I am thinking to buy the Hori PlayStation 3 Gem Gamepad (HP3-179U) - Onyx for $19.99 but I think its not wireless.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo