05-06-2016, 10:16 AM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); I have a CECH-2503B console that I bought faulty online with the plan to fix and downgrade it. It was sold as just needing a new hard drive haha, but it's clearly more than that. I have included a video of the fault, but I will also describe it. I plug the console in, turn it on, then after about 5 seconds the green light goes out, then shortly after the backlights of the buttons go out too and there are no lights at all. If I press the power button again, it goes back to red, then I repeat the process and it does the exact same thing.

Now here are the things I have tried already, as I know that this can be a huge number of faults.

Reflowed the PSU - same fault
Rigged up an ATX PSU to the console - same fault
Removed the power button board and turn it on with a disk - same fault
Grounded tristate to ground in case it had been bricked previously - same fault
Tried with and without the BlurRay installed - same fault

As far as I'm aware, this can probably only mean that the solder balls underneath the CELL or RSX have cracked, leading the newer versions of the console's YLOD symptoms?
Before I go to reflow it, is there anything else less evasive that could be causing this issue? Thank you.

Here is the video:

Thanks guys, and gals! xD
05-06-2016, 10:20 AM #2
OfficialJesseP
How's it going, eh?
Originally posted by MattchuNGU View Post
I have a CECH-2503B console that I bought faulty online with the plan to fix and downgrade it. It was sold as just needing a new hard drive haha, but it's clearly more than that. I have included a video of the fault, but I will also describe it. I plug the console in, turn it on, then after about 5 seconds the green light goes out, then shortly after the backlights of the buttons go out too and there are no lights at all. If I press the power button again, it goes back to red, then I repeat the process and it does the exact same thing.

Now here are the things I have tried already, as I know that this can be a huge number of faults.

As far as I'm aware, this can probably only mean that the solder balls underneath the CELL or RSX have cracked, leading the newer versions of the console's YLOD symptoms?
Before I go to reflow it, is there anything else less evasive that could be causing this issue? Thank you.

Here is the video:

Honestly even though i bet you're not looking forward to it i think if you just went ahead and reflowed it it would take care of your issue as that's what it's sounding like at least to me.
05-06-2016, 10:23 AM #3
Originally posted by xJustJesse View Post
Honestly even though i bet you're not looking forward to it i think if you just went ahead and reflowed it it would take care of your issue as that's what it's sounding like at least to me.

You're right, I'm not looking forward to. xD but I came here just in case there was even the slightest chance it could be something else haha. I was kinda prepared to have to reflow it though, I still have everything out from reflowing a console yesterday.. .-.
Anyway, thanks for the super quick reply, I appreciate it Smile ~ annoying thing is that I managed to tear my E3 Flasher cable completely in half the other day so I had to order a new one. >-<
Well, thanks again! I guess I'll get to reflowing it XD
05-06-2016, 10:24 AM #4
OfficialJesseP
How's it going, eh?
You're right, I'm not looking forward to. xD but I came here just in case there was even the slightest chance it could be something else haha. I was kinda prepared to have to reflow it though, I still have everything out from reflowing a console yesterday.. .-.
Anyway, thanks for the super quick reply, I appreciate it Smile ~ annoying thing is that I managed to tear my E3 Flasher cable completely in half the other day so I had to order a new one. >-<
Well, thanks again! I guess I'll get to reflowing it XD

Yeah no problem man. Good luck :yes:
05-06-2016, 10:28 AM #5
I have a CECH-2503B console that I bought faulty online with the plan to fix and downgrade it. It was sold as just needing a new hard drive haha, but it's clearly more than that. I have included a video of the fault, but I will also describe it. I plug the console in, turn it on, then after about 5 seconds the green light goes out, then shortly after the backlights of the buttons go out too and there are no lights at all. If I press the power button again, it goes back to red, then I repeat the process and it does the exact same thing.

Here is the video:

Question answered. Closed.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo