12-11-2016, 02:00 PM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); I have a ps3 that was running on an HDD but then i decided to upgrade it to an SSD. I did not format the older HDD. I want to get my CEX flash from my older HDD but i am not sure if i go back to my older HDD my ps3 will ask me to format it which is something i dont want. I found this youtube tutorial of swapping HDD without formating the actual drive but i am not sure if it still works

Ps3 is running on 4.76
Last edited by Damn Modz ; 12-11-2016 at 02:30 PM.
12-11-2016, 11:15 PM #2
Dro
i<3myPs3
Originally posted by Damn
I have a ps3 that was running on an HDD but then i decided to upgrade it to an SSD. I did not format the older HDD. I want to get my CEX flash from my older HDD but i am not sure if i go back to my older HDD my ps3 will ask me to format it which is something i dont want. I found this youtube tutorial of swapping HDD without formating the actual drive but i am not sure if it still works

Ps3 is running on 4.76

I don't recommend that, whether it works or not, it COULD result in a fatal corruption or damage of your hdd or ps3..

Naturally, as you're probably aware, If you stick another hdd into your ps3 after having one formatted to your ps3, it will make you reformat the new one. Then if you put the other one back in, it will make you reformat that one. Only one can be formatted to the ps3 at a time.

I haven't messed with a conversion in a bit, but couldn't you just create a new flash..?
12-12-2016, 08:49 PM #3
Originally posted by Dro View Post
I don't recommend that, whether it works or not, it COULD result in a fatal corruption or damage of your hdd or ps3..

Naturally, as you're probably aware, If you stick another hdd into your ps3 after having one formatted to your ps3, it will make you reformat the new one. Then if you put the other one back in, it will make you reformat that one. Only one can be formatted to the ps3 at a time.

I haven't messed with a conversion in a bit, but couldn't you just create a new flash..?

I am on DEX already. But its all good. I did not have to go back to CEX to get my issue solved. All i have to do was install multiman. This thread can be closed
12-19-2016, 08:38 AM #4
ymh
Treasure hunter
Originally posted by Dro View Post

that's incorrect, i have 3 hdd's that work on my console and don't need reformatting, if there on a different firmware all i need to do is boot recovery menu and update to same that is on my flash and no issues.

idk about ofw consoles but so long as you don't stick it in a different console it will be fine when you stick it back in. i swap hdd's everytime i do a data transfer to my ofw as i don't wanna delete my cfw data nor do i want to lose ofw data, works out rather well for data transfers. Just takes forever doing it like that as i have to wait for 2 transfers.

Originally posted by Damn
I have a ps3 that was running on an HDD but then i decided to upgrade it to an SSD. I did not format the older HDD. I want to get my CEX flash from my older HDD but i am not sure if i go back to my older HDD my ps3 will ask me to format it which is something i dont want. I found this youtube tutorial of swapping HDD without formating the actual drive but i am not sure if it still works

Ps3 is running on 4.76

Also if your on dex you don't needa swap firmware to safely swap hdd, just go to rebug tool box and make sure that webman and cobra is off and everything is on dex or debug mode and you will not risk a nor corruption has happen to me its not fun.

Just gotta remember to re QA toggle console etc. but best going to 3.55 both on cex and dex.
Last edited by ymh ; 12-19-2016 at 08:44 AM.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo