12-28-2016, 05:39 AM #1
streamwood
Gunsmoke James Arness
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); It says my ps3 is corrupted and taking two hundred years to fix is there any way to bypass it like changing the firmware or something?
12-28-2016, 08:39 AM #2
Dro
i<3myPs3
Originally posted by streamwood View Post
It says my ps3 is corrupted and taking two hundred years to fix is there any way to bypass it like changing the firmware or something?

Try to boot your ps3 into recovery mode.

Select option "update system" and try to reinstall your cfw

If that doesn't work/help:

boot ps3 into recovery mode
Select option "restore ps3 system"
This will format the hdd and wipe everything (game, saves, etc)
When it is finished, you will be brought to a black screen, asking for your last syscall (last cfw installed)
reinstalled your cfw

If at any time, the ps3 freezes in recovery mode, after selecting an option, or during a process, then your hdd may be corrupt and will need to be replaced with any 2.5" sata hdd.
12-28-2016, 09:43 AM #3
Sinister
Gym leader
It says my ps3 is corrupted and taking two hundred years to fix is there any way to bypass it like changing the firmware or something?

I had that a while ago, Tried restoring with the ps3updat.pup on usb, kept stalling at 99% (Wouldn't ever go any further). Pulled the SSD (or HDD if you that's what you have) out, put in my PC, and completely wiped it. Put it back in ps3, and just reinstalled cfw. Obviously all your stuff will be gone though, but that's the only thing that could have been done.
12-28-2016, 09:56 AM #4
Sparrow
Big Papi

Boot into Safe Mode & select option - "Restore File System - Attempts to repair all areas on the hard disk drive where files can be saved. Corrupted data may be erased if it cannot be recovered."

Last resort, format it and start a fresh.

--------------------------------------------------------------

You must login or register to view this content.
12-28-2016, 01:42 PM #5
streamwood
Gunsmoke James Arness
Originally posted by Dro View Post
Try to boot your ps3 into recovery mode.

Select option "update system" and try to reinstall your cfw

If that doesn't work/help:

boot ps3 into recovery mode
Select option "restore ps3 system"
This will format the hdd and wipe everything (game, saves, etc)
When it is finished, you will be brought to a black screen, asking for your last syscall (last cfw installed)
reinstalled your cfw

If at any time, the ps3 freezes in recovery mode, after selecting an option, or during a process, then your hdd may be corrupt and will need to be replaced with any 2.5" sata hdd.

well if i get a new hdd will the jail break be gone and i tested to see if my brothers computer would see the hard drive but it didn't so does that mean it is fried?
12-28-2016, 02:41 PM #6
Dro
i<3myPs3
well if i get a new hdd will the jail break be gone and i tested to see if my brothers computer would see the hard drive but it didn't so does that mean it is fried?

Nope, you wont lose your jailbreak, but you will lose the firmware. Youll just need to reinstall it.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo