12-30-2016, 11:24 PM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); hello so i would like to buy a new hard drive for my 80gb fat ps3 and i was doing some research on how to backup all the data and transfer it to the new hard drive but it all the threads was saying to use a usb or an external hard drive but i don't want to buy either so i was wondering if there a way to backup my saved data to a pc using like filezilla and also is there anything special you have to do when upgrading on a cfw cause i want to keep all my multiman stuff aswell and homebrews any suggestions and ideas are highly welcomed.

thank you <3
Last edited by kien775 ; 12-31-2016 at 12:17 AM.
12-31-2016, 08:23 AM #2
Originally posted by kien775 View Post
hello so i would like to buy a new hard drive for my 80gb fat ps3 and i was doing some research on how to backup all the data and transfer it to the new hard drive but it all the threads was saying to use a usb or an external hard drive but i don't want to buy either so i was wondering if there a way to backup my saved data to a pc using like filezilla and also is there anything special you have to do when upgrading on a cfw cause i want to keep all my multiman stuff aswell and homebrews any suggestions and ideas are highly welcomed.

thank you <3

You can copy everything to your pc as you said using FileZilla. If you want to keep all your homebrew data, copy their folders to your pc then copy everything back to your PS3. Make sure you format the new hard drive completely before putting it in ur ps3
12-31-2016, 06:52 PM #3
Originally posted by Justinww11 View Post
You can copy everything to your pc as you said using FileZilla. If you want to keep all your homebrew data, copy their folders to your pc then copy everything back to your PS3. Make sure you format the new hard drive completely before putting it in ur ps3

Thanks your reply man that's really good news may I ask for a bit for more detail on how The Process works I'm really familiar with using FileZilla but like what should I transfer over to my pc to keep my game data and game saves like where in FileZilla should i drag to my desktop. And one last thing I ordered a seagate 250gb hard drive so could you explain to me please how I would format the hard drive.

Thank you <3
Last edited by kien775 ; 12-31-2016 at 07:00 PM.
12-31-2016, 09:02 PM #4
Thanks your reply man that's really good news may I ask for a bit for more detail on how The Process works I'm really familiar with using FileZilla but like what should I transfer over to my pc to keep my game data and game saves like where in FileZilla should i drag to my desktop. And one last thing I ordered a seagate 250gb hard drive so could you explain to me please how I would format the hard drive.

Thank you <3

Whichever files you want to keep transfer them to your computer. Make sure you know their location so when you put them back on the new PS3 they're in the right place. To format the hard drive just plug it in to your computer and go to disk management (I have a mac so not sure what it is on pc) and clock format and choose fat32 then it should work on your PS3
01-01-2017, 01:07 AM #5
Whichever files you want to keep transfer them to your computer. Make sure you know their location so when you put them back on the new PS3 they're in the right place. To format the hard drive just plug it in to your computer and go to disk management (I have a mac so not sure what it is on pc) and clock format and choose fat32 then it should work on your PS3

Ok just to clarify I'm going to list the steps I'm going to take please let me know during the listing of any tips you can give

So I'm thinking about dragging everything in hdd0/ game and GAMES to desktop then put my game saves into an external USB stick. Then I'm going to format my hard drive and swap it with my old one then drag everything back in (folders in game and GAMES) to where they belong and install the game saves afterwards.

Will that work? am I missing anything?

Thank you <3
01-01-2017, 01:18 AM #6
Ok just to clarify I'm going to list the steps I'm going to take please let me know during the listing of any tips you can give

So I'm thinking about dragging everything in hdd0/ game and GAMES to desktop then put my game saves into an external USB stick. Then I'm going to format my hard drive and swap it with my old one then drag everything back in (folders in game and GAMES) to where they belong and install the game saves afterwards.

Will that work? am I missing anything?

Thank you <3

Yes it should work.
01-01-2017, 07:45 PM #7
Yes it should work.

Cheers boss, happy new year <3

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo