Post: can someone link me correct size Phillips head for ps3 fat? (small screws)
03-22-2017, 06:47 AM #1
ymh
Treasure hunter
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Hey, could someone link me a decent quality Phillips screw driver that will undo the small screws holding motherboard in place on a CECHH - K models?

I recently moved and don't own the correct size anymore and don't know what size it was, only screw driver i have of that size is of poor quality much like the screws and just threads.

I need to replace thermal compound on one of my fats which had the YLOD until i did the fan test a few times in a row to clean off my fan a little. Now it boots up normally, not likely it will continue to work but cleaning it out fully, and changing the obviously dry paste might help it survive a few more months maybe years, from what i can tell my console was failing to boot due to the massive dust build up in my fan. That and the psu in it is stuffed with dust proper. i'll be cleaning that if i have correct screw driver later.

I also wanna downgrade a fat that does not read so i'll need correct size Phillips or flatty to do so.
03-27-2017, 11:27 AM #2
Sparrow
Big Papi
Originally posted by JFT View Post
Hey, could someone link me a decent quality Phillips screw driver that will undo the small screws holding motherboard in place on a CECHH - K models?

I recently moved and don't own the correct size anymore and don't know what size it was, only screw driver i have of that size is of poor quality much like the screws and just threads.

I need to replace thermal compound on one of my fats which had the YLOD until i did the fan test a few times in a row to clean off my fan a little. Now it boots up normally, not likely it will continue to work but cleaning it out fully, and changing the obviously dry paste might help it survive a few more months maybe years, from what i can tell my console was failing to boot due to the massive dust build up in my fan. That and the psu in it is stuffed with dust proper. i'll be cleaning that if i have correct screw driver later.

I also wanna downgrade a fat that does not read so i'll need correct size Phillips or flatty to do so.

These are the 3 you'll need: You must login or register to view this content.

Have a look for them on Amazon or eBay for cheaper prices Winky Winky

The following 2 users say thank you to Sparrow for this useful post:

Dro, ymh
03-27-2017, 03:53 PM #3
ymh
Treasure hunter
Originally posted by EYE

Originally posted by EYE

i forgot to update this, but i massaged Dro knowing he would be someone who could answer and he said that a psp screw driver would work so that is probably what i'll get. And thanks Sparrow that's what i was looking for, should be better quality then the nasty ones on ebay. Most the cheap ones break on tight screws damaging both the screw and the head, its a pain really. Never making that mistake again.

The following 2 users say thank you to ymh for this useful post:

Dro, Sparrow
03-28-2017, 01:59 PM #4
Hydrogen
Super Mod
i forgot to update this, but i massaged Dro knowing he would be someone who could answer and he said that a psp screw driver would work so that is probably what i'll get. And thanks Sparrow that's what i was looking for, should be better quality then the nasty ones on ebay. Most the cheap ones break on tight screws damaging both the screw and the head, its a pain really. Never making that mistake again.

You Massaged Dro? Kappa

In all jokes aside, has your issue been resolved sir? Upside Down Happy
03-28-2017, 02:05 PM #5
ymh
Treasure hunter
Originally posted by Hydrogen View Post
You Massaged Dro? Kappa

In all jokes aside, has your issue been resolved sir? Upside Down Happy

yeah.
03-28-2017, 02:05 PM #6
Hydrogen
Super Mod
yeah.

If you have any more issues or questions, feel free to make a new thread sir. Thread closed.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo