05-17-2017, 01:06 AM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Hey did anyone heard the news the new virus called "ransomware wanna cry" can it infect the ps3 too i think its only infect the pc right ?
Last edited by KRAZYGOATZ ; 05-17-2017 at 01:31 AM.
05-17-2017, 10:35 AM #2
bmob10189
At least I can fight
Originally posted by KRAZYGOATZ View Post
Hey did anyone heard the news the new virus called "ransomware wanna cry" can it infect the ps3 too i think its only infect the pc right ?

Since the PS3 and PC have 2 different operating systems I don't believe so. Some virus' even only target specific versions of the OS like windows 7 or XP created in efforts to get ppl to switch to a newer OS.
05-17-2017, 04:05 PM #3
ymh
Treasure hunter
Originally posted by bmob10189 View Post
Since the PS3 and PC have 2 different operating systems I don't believe so. Some virus' even only target specific versions of the OS like windows 7 or XP created in efforts to get ppl to switch to a newer OS.

i've had virus files sneak on via FTP with infected computer, but i just reinstalled windows on computer and deleted the files infected files off ps3

The following user thanked ymh for this useful post:

Dro
05-18-2017, 03:39 PM #4
I dont think that this virus can infect PS3, but I heard thats that virus is looking for network devices. So if you have enabled FTP it can crypt your files on PS3, but im not sure.

The following user thanked CraftManiac for this useful post:

Dro
05-22-2017, 05:54 PM #5
Hydrogen
Super Mod
Originally posted by KRAZYGOATZ View Post
Hey did anyone heard the news the new virus called "ransomware wanna cry" can it infect the ps3 too i think its only infect the pc right ?

You were active yesterday on NGU, so I'm sure you read the comments. Just to make sure, don't run FTP on your PS3 if you did get hit by WannaCry. Thread closed.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo