06-15-2017, 02:57 AM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); My jb console was destroyed by a psycho b*tch. Literally in pieces in my driveway. After kicking her dumb a$$ outta my house, i picked up the parts of my ps3, i thought all was lost. Among the parts, i found the hdd still in its tray and it doesnt look damaged. A ray of hope!
My question is this..
If i pull the 160gb hdd from my damaged jb ps3 out of its tray and place it into another console that wasnt jb..will all my data still be accessable? Will i still have a working jb console??
Please share some good news with me lol i love the community i found, the cool friends ive made here at NGU and in online gta5 lobbies

The following user groaned Filthy_Trucker for this awful post:

Tears
06-15-2017, 03:12 AM #2
Dro
i<3myPs3
Originally posted by Trucker View Post
My jb console was destroyed by a psycho b*tch. Literally in pieces in my driveway. After kicking her dumb a$$ outta my house, i picked up the parts of my ps3, i thought all was lost. Among the parts, i found the hdd still in its tray and it doesnt look damaged. A ray of hope!
My question is this..
If i pull the 160gb hdd from my damaged jb ps3 out of its tray and place it into another console that wasnt jb..will all my data still be accessable? Will i still have a working jb console??
Please share some good news with me lol i love the community i found, the cool friends ive made here at NGU and in online gta5 lobbies

Sal
that sucks.. but no and no..but you might be able to connect it to a pc to get your data..
It will ask you to mandatory reformat if you place it into another ps3..

You'll need to downgrade and flash the new console if it's on an ofw higher than 3.55..
Last edited by Dro ; 06-15-2017 at 03:23 AM.

The following user thanked Dro for this useful post:

Filthy_Trucker
06-15-2017, 05:06 AM #3
Originally posted by Dro View Post
Sal
that sucks.. but no and no..but you might be able to connect it to a pc to get your data..
It will ask you to mandatory reformat if you place it into another ps3..

You'll need to downgrade and flash the new console if it's on an ofw higher than 3.55..

Aw man..thats rough. Ok..another question..the CID, will it be stored anywhere on the hdd? Can i retrieve it if i connect it to a pc?
06-15-2017, 05:57 AM #4
Dro
i<3myPs3
Originally posted by Trucker View Post
Aw man..thats rough. Ok..another question..the CID, will it be stored anywhere on the hdd? Can i retrieve it if i connect it to a pc?

maybe..idrk..
The only thing I can think of is if the CID was manually set and stored using psnpatch, then it might be on a file within the psnpatch directory..if you can even access the hdd on your pc..

If it's the original CID and permanently set, the only way I know to get the cid is by dumping a backup with an e3 flasher. If you have a copy of your bkpps3.bin then you have a copy of the cid...theres also another method, but requires that your ps3 runs properly and is on a lower firmware, but I don't know much more about that..

Sounds like you're pretty much boned..sorry dude.

rip your ps3

The following user thanked Dro for this useful post:

Filthy_Trucker
06-15-2017, 08:15 AM #5
That sucks. No way i can turn back now though..ill be saving up for another jb console.
I just got Lexicon 3 weeks ago..figured out how to successfully install menus with my ps3s browser and a flashdrive about 6months ago..i have a link to an unreleased version of one of FireMaggots rpf modloaders. He even personlized it for me. Lol gamer for life!
Thanks for taking the time fellas..cheers from central Canada!
- FT

Thread can be closed.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo