01-28-2013, 10:27 PM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); I'm not sure if this is common knowledge or not so don't be mean if it is, mods close if it is Smile but this is a simple way to swap between Cex and Dex easily Smile

Files needed:
- Rebug Tool box
- Cex Dump
- Dex Dump
- QA Flag (If 1st time to DEX)

1. Get your CEX dump and rename it to CEX-FLASH.EID0.NORBIN (if it's NOR) or CEX-FLASH.EID0.NANDBIN (if it's NAND) and Get your DEX dump and rename it to DEX-FLASH.EID0.NORBIN (if it's NOR) or DEX-FLASH.EID0.NANDBIN (if it's NAND)

2. Put these 2 files on a USB

3. Then place on USB001 (right slot)

4. If this is your 1st time to DEX, your console must now be QA Flagged.

5. Go on Rebug Toolbox, go to the 4th tab along and go to 'Rewrite Target ID in Flash' and hit 'X'

7.If you are going from DEX to CEX, your console MUSTN'T be QA Flagged! or it will result in a semi-brick if it is enabled.

8. Quit game and then turn PS3 off with controller and turn back on and you will be on DEX if you were on CEX or you will be on CEX if you were on DEX

Additional notes:

- If it is your 1st time going from CEX to DEX, follow DERREKTROTTER's or CHOCO's tutorial because you will have to create your DEX Dump

- If you're on DEX and you've swaped to CEX, i suggest you update to 3.55 OFW through recovery mode then update to your favourite CFW Smile
Last edited by Keith Lemon ; 01-28-2013 at 10:56 PM.

The following 3 users say thank you to Keith Lemon for this useful post:

ALEKZx--, JuMaKas,
01-28-2013, 10:43 PM #2
Source Code
Bounty hunter
Originally posted by MaNUtD
I'm not sure if this is common knowledge or not so don't be mean if it is, mods close if it is Smile but this is a simple way to swap between Cex and Dex easily Smile

Files needed:
- Rebug Tool box
- Cex Dump
- Dex Dump

1. Get your CEX dump and rename it to CEX-FLASH.EID0.NORBIN (if it's NOR) or CEX-FLASH.EID0.NANDBIN (if it's NAND) and Get your DEX dump and rename it to DEX-FLASH.EID0.NORBIN (if it's NOR) or DEX-FLASH.EID0.NANDBIN (if it's NAND)

2. Put these 2 files on a USB

3. Then place on USB001 (right slot)

4. Go on Rebug Toolbox, go to the 4th tab along and go to 'Rewrite Target ID in Flash' and hit 'X'

5. Quit game and then turn PS3 off with controller and turn back on and you will be on DEX if you were on CEX or you will be on CEX if you were on DEX

Additional notes:

- If it is your 1st time going from CEX to DEX, follow DERREKTROTTER's or CHOCO's tutorial because you will have to create your DEX Dump

- If you're on DEX and you've swaped to CEX, i suggest you update to 3.55 OFW through recovery mode then update to your favourite CFW Smile

Please edit that your console needs to be QA Flagged, or dehashed before converting to dex (for the first time) to return to CEX, if you rewrite your flash (CEX) with an unhashed, / qaflagged console, you will have a semi-bricked console. Please edit and include this so people dont screw up their consoles.
01-28-2013, 11:35 PM #3
Originally posted by NBAking91 View Post
Please edit that your console needs to be QA Flagged, or dehashed before converting to dex (for the first time) to return to CEX, if you rewrite your flash (CEX) with an unhashed, / qaflagged console, you will have a semi-bricked console. Please edit and include this so people dont screw up their consoles.

Is there anything else I need while on 4.21.2?
01-30-2013, 04:16 PM #4

It's added now! but if it's your 1st time to dex, you wont have a dex dump, so that's why i put in additional details to use choco's or derrek's cex to dex tut Smile
01-30-2013, 10:09 PM #5
Thanks for TutSmile
01-30-2013, 10:31 PM #6
KevinWinterX
< ^ > < ^ >
nice man!
02-02-2013, 06:52 PM #7
Tyster
Do a barrel roll!

How do u dissable Qa flagged?
02-02-2013, 09:19 PM #8
SyGnUs
Give a F*** About Your Lifestyle
Originally posted by tyster6666 View Post
How do u dissable Qa flagged?

I believe you disable it in the rebug toolbox, by the last options on the right side.
Last edited by SyGnUs ; 02-02-2013 at 09:21 PM. Reason: Forgot to quote
02-03-2013, 07:54 AM #9
Tyster
Do a barrel roll!
Originally posted by SyGnUs View Post
I believe you disable it in the rebug toolbox, by the last options on the right side.

I dont see that opption
02-03-2013, 08:21 AM #10
SyGnUs
Give a F*** About Your Lifestyle
Originally posted by tyster6666 View Post
I dont see that opption

What cfw are you on?

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo