Post: Fan Control Utility {Guide + Updated Download Links}
06-05-2013, 08:28 AM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});
You must login or register to view this content.

I know this may have been posted before but I've seen people having issues using the application and IMO this might be the MOST useful application to have on a PS3. Firstly, Here is my download links to the most up-to-date versions.

You must login or register to view this content. = 3.55-4.31 CFWs
You must login or register to view this content. = 4.40 CFWs
You must login or register to view this content. = 4.41 CFWs
You must login or register to view this content. = 4.46 CFWs
You must login or register to view this content. = 4.50 CFWs
You must login or register to view this content. = 4.53 CFWs
You must login or register to view this content. = 4.55 CFWs

Developers: Estwald & baxalo :yes:

Changelog:
v1.7
1) Supports 4.30 CFWs!
2) Supports all DEX CFWs!

v1.9
1) Supports 4.31 CFWs

v1.9.1:
* add 4.46 payload
* add compatibility for ALL 4.46
* fix minor bugs

v1.9.2:
add 4.50 payload

v1.9.3:
add 4.53 payload

v2.03:
add 4.55 payload

Guide to get it working properly:

1) Install the app! (Obviously :P)

2) Run an app, I run Rebug Toolbox as it boots fast and is easy to exit real quick but ANY app will work. You must do this EVERY time as there is a glitch with this app, that if you don't run an app before running Control Fan. It'll flash the yellow light and blink red until you hit the back switch or unplug the PS3. Simply run an app, exit then run Control Fan. Works 100%!

3) Set the fan speed that you want, I run it on max "Speed #0" as I have multiple PS3 fans lying around in case it does die. Exit the app and play your games!

Note: Yes, you will have to for the time being, run the app at every start-up. Maybe PS3ita can create a loader that does it later on but for now you must run it everytime.

I'll post results below if you want me to so people can see what the app really does! Just quote this thread with your Before and Afters, PS3 Model and the fan speed you run and I'll add it! The temperatures are in order of CELL/RSX and are in Centigrade!

Results:

Me: DECH-J00a DEX Phat

Speed: #0 {0xFF}
Before: 80'C/63'C
After: 52'C/45'C

❤ ❤ ❤: CECH-xxxx CEX Phat

Speed: #2 {0x70}
Before: 80'C/60'C
After: ~50'C/~40'C

zZHackzZ:

Before: 60'C/58'C
After: 53'C/~50'C

xkoeckiiej:

Before: 73'C/62'C
After: 50'C/45'C

Zen10:

Before: 67'C/58'C
After: ~51C/~41'C

*UPDATE*- Some people report errors once they uninstall the app. Their PS3s keep saying that they're overheating and it needs to be shut off. Ponyasd on PS3News has posted the following fix below to correct the errors!
1) Install and run Fan Control Utility
2) Change fan speed to Syscon mode
4) Leave the program pressing triangle while in Syscon mode.
5) Delete the application from the XMB
6) Go into recovery mode, Restore File System and Rebuild Database
7) Done!
Last edited by Pseudo_Soldier ; 06-20-2014 at 04:09 AM. Reason: Updated links!

The following 21 users say thank you to Pseudo_Soldier for this useful post:

^TPP^, DiFool, gianluca33, Harry, Mango_Knife, matt0897, RTE Modz, SC58, smashedya, Storm-force, Swifter, tacoxd, TreyarchTragedy, Vanz, Vioku, xCrazyGuyNL, xkoeckiiej, zZHackzZ
06-05-2013, 08:53 AM #2
TreyarchTragedy
Can’t trickshot me!
Originally posted by Soldier View Post
I know this may have been posted before but I've seen people having issues using the application and IMO this might be the MOST useful application to have on a PS3. So First, Here is my download link to the most up-to-date version.

Changelog:
1) Supports 4.41 CFWs!
2) Supports all DEX firmwares!

2) Run an app, I run Rebug Toolbox as it boots fast and is easy to exit real quick but ANY app will work. You must do this EVERY time as there is a glitch with this app, that if you don't run an app before running Control Fan. It'll flash the yellow light and blink red until you hit the back switch or unplug the PS3. Simply run an app, exit then run Control Fan. Works 100%!

3) Set the fan speed that you want, I run it on max "Speed #0" as I have multiple PS3 fans lying around in case it does die. Exit the app and play your games!

I'll post results below if you want me to so people can see what the app really does! Just quote this thread with your Before and Afters, PS3 Model and the fan speed you run and I'll add it! The temperatures are in order of CELL/RSX and are in Centigrade!

Results:

After: 50ish'C/40ish'C

Can't remember exact but it really helps and would make any ps3 last longer.

EDIT; Its a Phat on CEX can't remember CECH code though.
Last edited by TreyarchTragedy ; 06-05-2013 at 09:00 AM.
06-05-2013, 08:59 AM #3
Originally posted by 10084

It's a great app right? ^^

P.S.- What console you got?

---------- Post added at 04:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:57 AM ----------

EDIT; Its a fat on CEX ps3 can't remember CECH code though.

Being a pain, but DEX or CEX?
06-05-2013, 09:21 AM #4
TreyarchTragedy
Can’t trickshot me!
It's a great app right? ^^

P.S.- What console you got?

---------- Post added at 04:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:57 AM ----------

Being a pain, but DEX or CEX?

I edited it to cex just after you said that haha.
Yeah its an amazing app.
06-05-2013, 10:21 AM #5
Mango_Knife
In my man cave

I know this may have been posted before but I've seen people having issues using the application and IMO this might be the MOST useful application to have on a PS3. Firstly, Here is my download link to the most up-to-date version.

Changelog:
1) Supports 4.41 CFWs!

Note: Yes, you will have to for the time being, run the app at every start-up. Maybe PS3ita can create a loader that does it later on but for now you must run it everytime.

Results:

*UPDATE*- Some people report errors once they uninstall the app. Their PS3s keep saying that they're overheating and it needs to be shut off. Ponyasd on PS3News has posted the following fix below to correct the errors!
7) Done!

Nice App
I Got this only to 3.55 now for 4.41 Smile
But may i ask what it acctually help you like
what it doing to the ps3 what the speed fan helping or its just for fun?
06-05-2013, 10:24 AM #6
Originally posted by Knife View Post
Nice App
I Got this only to 3.55 now for 4.41 Smile
But may i ask what it acctually help you like
what it doing to the ps3 what the speed fan helping or its just for fun?

It lets you manually set the fan speed of the PS3 which if set high enough can lower the temps by 20-30'C. Can keep consoles cooler and definitely keep PS3s away from YLODing.

The following user thanked Pseudo_Soldier for this useful post:

Mango_Knife
06-05-2013, 10:27 AM #7
Mango_Knife
In my man cave
It lets you manually set the fan speed of the PS3 which if set high enough can lower the temps by 20-30'C. Can keep consoles cooler and definitely keep PS3s away from YLODing.

O so its a really great app
if it acctually cooler the ps3 fan
everyone should need to use it Awesome App
06-05-2013, 11:10 AM #8
TreyarchTragedy
Can’t trickshot me!

I know this may have been posted before but I've seen people having issues using the application and IMO this might be the MOST useful application to have on a PS3. Firstly, Here is my download link to the most up-to-date version.

Developer: Estwald :love:

Changelog:
1) Supports 4.41 CFWs!

Results:

7) Done!

After an hour or so of playing Battlefield here are my resaults: 58'C/47'C quite happy with that Smile don't have my speed that high either so I'm all good.
06-05-2013, 11:19 AM #9
After an hour or so of playing Battlefield here are my resaults: 58'C/47'C quite happy with that Smile don't have my speed that high either so I'm all good.

nice, that's 22'c less on the CELL which is about 40'F less which is very good!
06-05-2013, 11:21 AM #10
TreyarchTragedy
Can’t trickshot me!
nice, that's 22'c less on the CELL which is about 40'F less which is very good!

I don't need to worry about YLOD now Happy

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo