09-06-2010, 12:41 AM #1
Default Avatar
OlehK
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); I made a lag switch with what I believe to be a Cat5 cable (doubt it's cat5e, it's pretty old). I tried using the solid orange wire (or at least what I though was the orange wire) and didn't work, it would just immediately disconnect me every time. I then went to try the solid green wire, and then found out I cut the brown wire, not the orange wire, but proceeded with the green anyway. Again it did the same thing, I tried using the switch, and the second I turn it on, I get disconnected. So then I go to use the sold orange wire, and once again, same thing happens, I flip it on, and it disconnects me from the PlayStation network. any help?

P.S. I have it hooked up like this:
Modem -> Linksys router -> lag switch -> PS3 and when I tried hooking it up Modem -> lag switch -> Linksys router -> ps3, even though the lag switch wasn't on (technically off), my router couldn't get an internet connection.
09-06-2010, 12:42 AM #2
xSharkey
Formally Fallz-Boyz
same thing with me mate :L
10-02-2010, 08:42 AM #3
Default Avatar
LEN671
I made a Lag Switch for my nephew to use on his XBOX360 and all it keeps doing is disconnecting/signing him out of XBOX Live. I have tried both methods (Cutting and Splicing the Orange Wire and Cutting and Splicing the Green Wire) multiple times and still does not work. I have even tried Manually configuring the IP Address, Subnet Mask, Gateway ID and the DNS Server. But even when I did that, it still doesn't work for him. Some help or advice on this matter would be greatly appreciated.
10-03-2010, 04:23 PM #4
gameunit
Save Point
I used the green wire. And it works perfect. As for your setup:

Modem----[LagSwitch]--------Router------Ps3/Xbox360

This is the only good setup that will work. You should try that one. Winky Winky
Last edited by gameunit ; 10-04-2010 at 12:44 PM.
10-28-2010, 03:00 PM #5
guys, i had this problem too, but u should to establish it, i mean that u should turn it off and on few times, at least for me it works perfectly - first time dc, second time dc, third time dc and then - yahoo! ls for about 15 secs (but mao>ls cuz in mao u can kill people)

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo