Thread: Lag switch not working

OlehK Gobble

Join Date Nov 2009

Posts 2

Membership Standard

09-05-2010 08:41 PM #1 Lag switch not working

I made a lag switch with what I believe to be a Cat5 cable (doubt it's cat5e, it's pretty old). I tried using the solid orange wire (or at least what I though was the orange wire) and didn't work, it would just immediately disconnect me every time. I then went to try the solid green wire, and then found out I cut the brown wire, not the orange wire, but proceeded with the green anyway. Again it did the same thing, I tried using the switch, and the second I turn it on, I get disconnected. So then I go to use the sold orange wire, and once again, same thing happens, I flip it on, and it disconnects me from the PlayStation network. any help?

P.S. I have it hooked up like this:
    Modem -> Linksys router -> lag switch -> PS3 and when I tried hooking it up Modem -> lag switch -> Linksys router -> ps3, even though the lag switch wasn't on (technically off), my router couldn't get an internet connection.

xSharkey Formally Fallz-Boyz

Join Date Aug 2009

Posts 535

Membership Donator

09-05-2010 08:42 PM #2

same thing with me mate :L
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

My Ps3's
    Spoiler:
    PS3 120gb Slim = 3.55,PS3 120gb Slim = Latest FW,Ps3 40gb Fat = Latest FW,PS3 40gb Fat = Latest FW; Broke Bluray

Open for Surprise x)
    Spoiler:

3. LEN671 Gobble

Join Date Oct 2010

Posts 1

Membership Standard

10-02-2010 04:42 AM #3

I made a Lag Switch for my nephew to use on his XBOX360 and all it keeps doing is disconnecting/signing him out of XBOX Live. I have tried both methods (Cutting and Splicing the Orange Wire and Cutting and Splicing the Green Wire) multiple times and still does not work. I have even tried Manually configuring the IP Address, Subnet Mask, Gateway ID and the DNS Server. But even when I did that, it still doesn't work for him. Some help or advice on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

4. gameunit Save Point

Join Date Sep 2010

Posts 7

Membership Standard

10-03-2010 12:23 PM #4

I used the green wire. And it works perfect. As for your setup:

Modem----[LagSwitch]--------Router------Ps3/Xbox360

This is the only good setup that will work. You should try that one.
    Last edited by gameunit; 10-04-2010 at 08:44 AM.

5. Join Date Oct 2010

Posts 1

Membership Standard

10-28-2010 11:00 AM #5

guys, i had this problem too, but u should to establish it, i mean that u should turn it off and on few times, at least for me it works perfectly - first time dc, second time dc, third time dc and then - yahoo! ls for about 15 secs (but mao>ls cuz in mao u can kill people)