09-11-2010, 03:35 PM #1
Xcellerator
You talkin to me?
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); I also have this guide on my website: SITE REMOVED - Advertising

Xcellerator’s Guide to Modern Warfare 2 Modded Lobbies on PS3

What you will need:
• PSJailbreak/Groove
• A PS3
• Modern Warfare 2 (Disc or Back Up)
• PS3 FTP Server by PS3News
• Filezilla installed on nearby PC/Laptop on the SAME network

What this guide will help you to achieve:
• How to edit and make a MW2 patch_mp.ff file
• How to transfer your patch_mp.ff file to your PS3
• How to play Modern Warfare 2 with your custom patch_mp.ff

Contents
- How to edit Modern Warfare 2 patch_mp.ff files
- What is a patch_mp.ff file?
- How to write your own mods
- How to get the patch_mp.ff onto your PS3

How to edit a patch_mp.ff file

What is a patch_mp.ff file?
As some of you may know, editing patch_mp.ff files for the PS3 is not possible at the moment. However, .ff files are not Sony files like SELF and SPRX files are. .ff files are made by Infinity Ward.
Here are the headers for each type of patch_mp.ff:
Xbox 360 Multiplayer Header: IWffs100
Xbox 360 Singleplayer Header: IWff0100
PS3 Header: IWffu100

A patch_mp.ff is a compressed file, just like .zip or .rar files. They store code that is applied to the game in .gsc files. GSC files are coded in C++, so having some experience in C++ will help enormously during coding. If you do not, it is not hard to understand the code anyway.
For Example:
if ( level.teamBased )
{
registerScoreInfo( "kill", 100 );
registerScoreInfo( "headshot", 100 );
registerScoreInfo( "assist", 20 );
registerScoreInfo( "suicide", 0 );
registerScoreInfo( "teamkill", 0 );
}

It is not hard to understand that this displays the amount of XP given to a player for different types of kill.
Now we understand what a patch_mp.ff file is, we can move onto editing them.

How to write your own mods
In order to edit a patch_mp.ff file, we need 2 things. One is an Xbox 360 patch_mp.ff file and a program many of you will have heard of called ffViewer (Download Here). Please have ffViewer on your Desktop before continuing.
Open up ffViewer, you should have the latest version. At the time of writing the latest version is v2.64. Go to Tools, Get patch_mp.ff TU6 and wait for it to open.
Now you have a plain patch_mp.ff file. If you aren’t confident that you will be able to edit the file well enough, just download GODLYM0DZ patch found here.
Now go through and edit the file. You may want to read this article on NGU for details on editing it. Be sure to fully understand it and how to use DVARS and how the GSC file works.
Once you have finished editing your file, you can continue.

How to get the patch_mp.ff onto your PS3
Turn on your PS3, with your jailbreak, and delete the Modern Warfare 2 patch in Game Data Utility. Then start up Modern Warfare 2, download the patch and then quit the game. Now start up the PS3 FTP Server. Go to Filezilla on your computer and enter your PS3s internal IP address (can be found in Network Settings on the XMB). Enter the username: FTPD12345 and no password. The port is 21. Now FileZilla will connect and you need to browse to the following directory:
/dev_hdd0/game/BLES00683/USRDIR/
You will see the patch_mp.ff file in there, you need to open that in a hex editor, and open your custom patch_mp.ff in a hex editor. You then have to copy and paste all the code from your custom patch into the patch on the PS3. Now that is done, save the file and FileZilla will ask if you want to re-upload to the server. Choose Yes.
Now turn off the PS3 and turn it back on (with jailbreak!) Finally, just start Modern Warfare 2 from the Disc and you will have whatever Mods you chose!

How to play online with your Mods
The only way currently confirmed to work, is to update your PS3 FW once you perform this hack. Please note, that once you do this, there is no currently available Jailbreak for 3.42. So if you update, you're stuck with mods... (unless you delete them, but then you can't get them back!)

I will be posting some Custom patch_mp.ff files on my website: SITE REMOVED - ADVERTISING
I, Xcellerator, in no way take any credit for this method, I only made the guide. I do feel although someone was the first to post it, we as a community came to this method and all deserve some kind of credit for what we all have accomplished.
Last edited by Reaper ; 10-01-2010 at 09:19 PM.

The following 28 users say thank you to Xcellerator for this useful post:

$oulja, BREAKDANCER1, DONT_H8_5150, Drackos, Dreamcather, Eaglesport, FourzerotwoFAILS, Gandi, HOST Lee, ihaxgames, iTz Christy, Ix Benere xI, kmanthecaveman, kprz24, leukotic, M_OK, Martin710, Maty360414, NiCiUFF, NorskTnaka, PeterParker, Samos95, Scouse_Dom, shinobi-of-zhit, Shoot12, Tha_Cartel, XJ18, xxhulk666
09-11-2010, 04:46 PM #11
$oulja
Splicer
Originally posted by Xcellerator View Post
Glad to help, there are links on the site if you need them.
You must login or register to view this content.

I have everything working, except the administration password, i put my ps3's IP & put port 21, and there is no username? please help i'm soooo close all i need is to open Filezilla.
09-11-2010, 05:08 PM #12
Xcellerator
You talkin to me?
The username is: FTPD12345
no password
09-11-2010, 05:14 PM #13
jubz-2k10
Climbing up the ladder
Originally posted by xcellerator View Post
i also have this guide on my website: You must login or register to view this content.

xcellerator’s guide to modern warfare 2 modded lobbies on ps3

what you will need:
• psjailbreak/groove
• a ps3
• modern warfare 2 (disc or back up)
• ps3 ftp server by ps3news
• filezilla installed on nearby pc/laptop on the same network

what this guide will help you to achieve:
• how to edit and make a mw2 patch_mp.ff file
• how to transfer your patch_mp.ff file to your ps3
• how to play modern warfare 2 with your custom patch_mp.ff

contents
- how to edit modern warfare 2 patch_mp.ff files
- what is a patch_mp.ff file?
- how to write your own mods
- how to get the patch_mp.ff onto your ps3

how to edit a patch_mp.ff file

what is a patch_mp.ff file?
As some of you may know, editing patch_mp.ff files for the ps3 is not possible at the moment. However, .ff files are not sony files like self and sprx files are. .ff files are made by infinity ward.
xbox 360 multiplayer header: Iwffs100
xbox 360 singleplayer header: Iwff0100
ps3 header: Iwffu100

a patch_mp.ff is a compressed file, just like .zip or .rar files. They store code that is applied to the game in .gsc files. Gsc files are coded in c++, so having some experience in c++ will help enormously during coding. If you do not, it is not hard to understand the code anyway.
For example:
if ( level.teambased )
{
registerscoreinfo( "kill", 100 );
registerscoreinfo( "headshot", 100 );
registerscoreinfo( "assist", 20 );
registerscoreinfo( "suicide", 0 );
registerscoreinfo( "teamkill", 0 );
}

it is not hard to understand that this displays the amount of xp given to a player for different types of kill.

how to write your own mods
in order to edit a patch_mp.ff file, we need 2 things. One is an xbox 360 patch_mp.ff file and a program many of you will have heard of called ffviewer (download here). Please have ffviewer on your desktop before continuing.
Open up ffviewer, you should have the latest version. At the time of writing the latest version is v2.64. Go to tools, get patch_mp.ff tu6 and wait for it to open.
Now you have a plain patch_mp.ff file. If you aren’t confident that you will be able to edit the file well enough, just download godlym0dz patch found here.
Now go through and edit the file. You may want to read this article on ngu for details on editing it. Be sure to fully understand it and how to use dvars and how the gsc file works.

how to get the patch_mp.ff onto your ps3
turn on your ps3, with your jailbreak, and delete the modern warfare 2 patch in game data utility. Then start up modern warfare 2, download the patch and then quit the game. Now start up the ps3 ftp server. Go to filezilla on your computer and enter your ps3s internal ip address (can be found in network settings on the xmb). Enter the username: Ftpd12345 and no password. The port is 21. Now filezilla will connect and you need to browse to the following directory:
/dev_hdd0/game/bles00683/usrdir/
you will see the patch_mp.ff file in there, you need to open that in a hex editor, and open your custom patch_mp.ff in a hex editor. You then have to copy and paste all the code from your custom patch into the patch on the ps3. Now that is done, save the file and filezilla will ask if you want to re-upload to the server. Choose yes.
Now turn off the ps3 and turn it back on (with jailbreak!) finally, just start modern warfare 2 from the disc and you will have whatever mods you chose!

I will be posting some custom patch_mp.ff files on my website: You must login or register to view this content.

i, xcellerator, in no way take any credit for this method, i only made the guide. I do feel although someone was the first to post it, we as a community came to this method and all deserve some kind of credit for what we all have accomplished.

how do you change the name in a patch or add a name in the patch!
09-11-2010, 05:14 PM #14
Ritztro
I am a Game Developer
Originally posted by Xcellerator View Post
I also have this guide on my website: You must login or register to view this content.

Xcellerator’s Guide to Modern Warfare 2 Modded Lobbies on PS3

What you will need:
• PSJailbreak/Groove
• A PS3
• Modern Warfare 2 (Disc or Back Up)
• PS3 FTP Server by PS3News
• Filezilla installed on nearby PC/Laptop on the SAME network

What this guide will help you to achieve:
• How to edit and make a MW2 patch_mp.ff file
• How to transfer your patch_mp.ff file to your PS3
• How to play Modern Warfare 2 with your custom patch_mp.ff

Contents
- How to edit Modern Warfare 2 patch_mp.ff files
- What is a patch_mp.ff file?
- How to write your own mods
- How to get the patch_mp.ff onto your PS3

How to edit a patch_mp.ff file

What is a patch_mp.ff file?
As some of you may know, editing patch_mp.ff files for the PS3 is not possible at the moment. However, .ff files are not Sony files like SELF and SPRX files are. .ff files are made by Infinity Ward.
Xbox 360 Multiplayer Header: IWffs100
Xbox 360 Singleplayer Header: IWff0100
PS3 Header: IWffu100

A patch_mp.ff is a compressed file, just like .zip or .rar files. They store code that is applied to the game in .gsc files. GSC files are coded in C++, so having some experience in C++ will help enormously during coding. If you do not, it is not hard to understand the code anyway.
For Example:
if ( level.teamBased )
{
registerScoreInfo( "kill", 100 );
registerScoreInfo( "headshot", 100 );
registerScoreInfo( "assist", 20 );
registerScoreInfo( "suicide", 0 );
registerScoreInfo( "teamkill", 0 );
}

It is not hard to understand that this displays the amount of XP given to a player for different types of kill.

How to write your own mods
In order to edit a patch_mp.ff file, we need 2 things. One is an Xbox 360 patch_mp.ff file and a program many of you will have heard of called ffViewer (Download Here). Please have ffViewer on your Desktop before continuing.
Open up ffViewer, you should have the latest version. At the time of writing the latest version is v2.64. Go to Tools, Get patch_mp.ff TU6 and wait for it to open.
Now you have a plain patch_mp.ff file. If you aren’t confident that you will be able to edit the file well enough, just download GODLYM0DZ patch found here.
Now go through and edit the file. You may want to read this article on NGU for details on editing it. Be sure to fully understand it and how to use DVARS and how the GSC file works.

How to get the patch_mp.ff onto your PS3
Turn on your PS3, with your jailbreak, and delete the Modern Warfare 2 patch in Game Data Utility. Then start up Modern Warfare 2, download the patch and then quit the game. Now start up the PS3 FTP Server. Go to Filezilla on your computer and enter your PS3s internal IP address (can be found in Network Settings on the XMB). Enter the username: FTPD12345 and no password. The port is 21. Now FileZilla will connect and you need to browse to the following directory:
/dev_hdd0/game/BLES00683/USRDIR/
You will see the patch_mp.ff file in there, you need to open that in a hex editor, and open your custom patch_mp.ff in a hex editor. You then have to copy and paste all the code from your custom patch into the patch on the PS3. Now that is done, save the file and FileZilla will ask if you want to re-upload to the server. Choose Yes.
Now turn off the PS3 and turn it back on (with jailbreak!) Finally, just start Modern Warfare 2 from the Disc and you will have whatever Mods you chose!

I will be posting some Custom patch_mp.ff files on my website: You must login or register to view this content.

I, Xcellerator, in no way take any credit for this method, I only made the guide. I do feel although someone was the first to post it, we as a community came to this method and all deserve some kind of credit for what we all have accomplished.

One Problem.. You didn't recompress the patch..
09-11-2010, 05:26 PM #15
Xcellerator
You talkin to me?
This is copying directly to the PS3, you don't need to compress because you're not making a patch (PKG) you are editing the ps3 harddrive.
09-11-2010, 05:27 PM #16
$oulja
Splicer
yo xcellerator where do i view the username & password? i can't find that. & everytime i try to open a tab on my desktop it says "Stop Server?" & won't open anything?
09-11-2010, 05:43 PM #17
Xcellerator
You talkin to me?
The username is FTPD12345 for every PS3 using this FTP Server!
There is NO password for any PS3 using this FTP Server!

You do not change it, the user and pass are not stored on the PS3, they are stored in the actual PS3 FTP Server code. (which is actually on the PS3, but anyways...)
09-11-2010, 05:44 PM #18
Michael
I love smart girls. ♥
Are you sure that copying hex data from the Xbox patch to a PS3 patch will work?
09-11-2010, 05:53 PM #19
Xcellerator
You talkin to me?
As long as you change the header in the xbox version to the ps3 one, then seeing as they are all IW files with IW code in (GSC) then I don't seen why not.
The header for PS3 is:
IWffu100

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo