Login | Register

If you're having login issues, please clear your cookies and cache!

Thread: Replace Eboot in Demo PKG file for CFW 3.55 V1.2

vettacossx My controller's wireless?

Join Date Jan 2011

Posts 162

Membership Standard

01-06-2011 11:21 PM #1 Replace Eboot in Demo PKG file for CFW 3.55 V1.2

hello all i dunno if this would work but i wanted to run it by the pros here on NGU because its a hair brain idea LOL

I was using Mathieuel's new PKG extraction tool and i found a PKG of grand turismo HD the full game and it seemed to install np on 3.55 CFW then i extracted the files from this PKG with math's new tool (thanks you kik ass) Natural being a curious stoner i started to peek around and noticed a the EBOOT.BIN and thought i wonder if these demo PKG could be used as a catylist for HOMEBREW EBOOTS IF THAT EBOOT WAS SIGNED LIKE THE ONE IN A OFFICIAL PKG?:tits::dance:

So is this gonna brick the ever lovin shit out of my ps3 or do nothing or maybe ...(preys to the game gods) allow me to have a SNES PKG! lol

xCamoLegend Ninja Turtle

Join Date Sep 2010

Posts 358

Membership Donator

01-07-2011 12:16 AM #2

Quote Originally Posted by vettacossx View Post
    hello all i dunno if this would work but i wanted to run it by the pros here on NGU because its a hair brain idea LOL

I was using Mathieuel's new PKG extraction tool and i found a PKG of grand turismo HD the full game and it seemed to install np on 3.55 CFW then i extracted the files from this PKG with math's new tool (thanks you kik ass) Natural being a curious stoner i started to peek around and noticed a the EBOOT.BIN and thought i wonder if these demo PKG could be used as a catylist for HOMEBREW EBOOTS IF THAT EBOOT WAS SIGNED LIKE THE ONE IN A OFFICIAL PKG?:tits::dance:

So is this gonna brick the ever lovin shit out of my ps3 or do nothing or maybe ...(preys to the game gods) allow me to have a SNES PKG! lol
    Installing a corrupted pkg wouldn't brick most it would do would be freezing your ps3 or just not install at all...

Heres SNES Homebrew Thanks to Derektrottter
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

3. bethka23 Banned

Join Date Oct 2010

Posts 195

Membership Banned

01-07-2011 12:24 AM #3

Quote Originally Posted by xCamoLegend View Post
    Installing a corrupted pkg wouldn't brick most it would do would be freezing your ps3 or just not install at all...

Heres SNES Homebrew Thanks to Derektrottter
    wait is this homebrew for 3.55 cfw or just jb'ed console

xCamoLegend Ninja Turtle

Join Date Sep 2010

Posts 358

Membership Donator

01-07-2011 12:26 AM #4

Quote Originally Posted by bethka23 View Post
    wait is this homebrew for 3.55 cfw or just jb'ed console
    JB the guy that started this thread is attempting to replace the eboot with a Demos to see if it works on CFW.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to xCamoLegend For This Useful Post:

vettacossx My controller's wireless?

Join Date Jan 2011

Posts 162

Membership Standard

01-07-2011 12:26 AM #5

WOW thank you so much for both providing a simple effective response and PROMT ONE to my question and for sourcing the snes emu thats gr8 news it seems things are moving right along! thanks again so very much your name precedes you sir you truly are a legend thanks again bud i appreciate that more than you know!

UPDATE:
    well it seems im SOL on this idea to even try it .. Mathieuels tool wont extract the PKG so i can look for a EBOOT FILE in the SNES.PKG... It says :

select pkg is debug ps3 pkg this application only supports retail ones anyone know how to get the eboot file out of the PKG or if there is an eboot file in the snes PKG i saw waninkoko made some tools but I KNOW WANINKOKO i have used his CIOS for wii for a while i know better than to use a app he hasnt been deving for a long time hes a legend dont get me wrong but he also has a few historical "bad moments" and brick waves under his belt .. I suppose we will have to be patient (only been a few days after all) and see if math releases some more goodies for all this! im open to suggestions thats why i came to discuss it on NGU love to hear what you guys think and would be willing to test if i can get a HOMEBREW EBOOT.BIN file to replace the one in the demo.

THATS ONLY HALF THE BATTLE

then i need to learn how to recompile a pkg and IF the pkg will work after replacing that file the more i think about it the more i feel like if i cant "resign" this or should i say IF we have to... Resign this then it wouldnt work and my whole theory goes down the tube the ole "to bad go shit in a hat and keep thinking" LOL
    Last edited by vettacossx; 01-07-2011 at 12:42 AM.

7. Join Date Sep 2010

Posts 9

Membership Standard

01-07-2011 01:15 AM #6 Checksum

Replacing a file in the pkg would cause the signature to report an incorrect length. Check Mathieulh's program and look for the 0x70 address comment (through notepad): check encrypted file length. In other words, you need to sign each pkg according to the size.

On a side note, I think the EBOOT.bin must be encrypted itself, so the 'replace with an unsigned one' wouldn't work.

Here, check my thread on the decryption algorithm from Mathieulh's decrypter:

http://www.nextgenupdate.com/forums/...decrypter.html
    Last edited by The Middle Man; 01-07-2011 at 01:18 AM. Reason: Extra Info
    Courage Wolf...?

8. The Following User Says Thank You to The Middle Man For This Useful Post:

ZoneTw0 I was known as pr0z

Join Date Mar 2010

Posts 530

Membership Donator

01-07-2011 02:34 AM #7

I don't understand a word of what you wrote..
    Join us at:

I love her :love: