02-06-2011, 12:32 PM #1
joensarah
H4cKeRs WaY oF LiFe!!
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); i know ps3 games are region free, but is there any homebrew that allows blu ray dvds from diffrent regions to play?? got import coming from japan from japan and its region code is A/1 usa/japan i want to be able to play my region 2 dvds, i now can copy and remove the region code but dont want all the hassle of it,any 1 no of any homebrew?
Last edited by joensarah ; 02-06-2011 at 12:56 PM.
02-06-2011, 12:47 PM #2
shaneod
I defeated!
Are you sure ps3 games are region free?
This is news to me..
02-06-2011, 12:48 PM #3
gola
OVER 9000!
Originally posted by joensarah View Post
i know ps3 games are region free, but is there any homebrew that allows dvds from diffrent regions to play?? just got wjite ps3 from japan and its region code is A/1 usa/japan i want to be able to play my region 2 dvds, i now can copy and remove the region code but dont want all the hassle of it,any 1 no of any homebrew?

I can play any DVD's on my PS3 O_o

Have you tried it dude? I've got a Jap PS3 too but normal movies all work.
02-06-2011, 12:49 PM #4
ohDetox
< ^ > < ^ >
is this true :O
02-06-2011, 12:53 PM #5
joensarah
H4cKeRs WaY oF LiFe!!
Originally posted by shaneod View Post
Are you sure ps3 games are region free?
This is news to me..

yes ps3 games all region free just blurays are region protected

---------- Post added at 07:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:51 AM ----------

dvds play just blurays dnt

The following user thanked joensarah for this useful post:

Jaytech
02-06-2011, 01:03 PM #6
i wonder why ppl don't know this. it's been like this from the beginning.
02-06-2011, 01:06 PM #7
joensarah
H4cKeRs WaY oF LiFe!!
i want to no if thers is homebrew software,
02-06-2011, 01:08 PM #8
no homebrew player available yet.
02-06-2011, 02:01 PM #9
manster
League Champion
Originally posted by joensarah View Post
i want to no if thers is homebrew software,

Updated Method (February 5, 2011)

You must login or register to view this content.

Things You'll Need:

• DVD ripping/burning software
  • Blank DVD
  • Computer with DVD-RW drive

Is the PS3 Region free

answer:
Originally posted by another user
All the PS3 games are region free. That means it dosent mater where you bought the console, or where you buy your games, they will all be combatible.

There are a few things to be aware of though.

First the games still exist in PAL, or NTSC versions. That means if your are using and older TV wich does not have HDMI, some games will not work correct, you may expirience weird colors, or black white screen or other odd things. If you use a new TV with HDMI there is nothing to worry about. since when using HDMI signals there is no suchs things as PAL, or NTSC.

Second. if you import a game from another region. You must also buy eventual DLC from the store wich your original game is linked with.

Third. Some games have region locked online play. wich means if you import a US game, you will only be able to play online with other people who have the US version.

Fourth. The bluray movies are still region locked. So you cant import US movies to watch on your EU PS3 unless the movie it self is region free.

The following user thanked manster for this useful post:

CianRyan94
02-06-2011, 02:19 PM #10
joensarah
H4cKeRs WaY oF LiFe!!
Read my first post I no how to remove the ccs from the DVD by backin up the DVD , I. Don't eant the hassle of doing this every time
I wanted to no if theres any honebrew software that will allow me to pall any region dvd

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo