Post: How to use ANY ps3 hdd in your ps3 without formatting
02-07-2011, 06:11 PM #1
santino
Are you high?
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); ok i am gonna show you how to make ANY ps3 harddrive work in your ps3 without formatting it so you dont loose info on it. this is great for someone who got a new ps3 and wants to use their old hdd in it.

Here is another way to do it. If YOU HAVE PROBLEMS WITH THIS METHOD TELL ME ILL HELP THE BEST I CAN THIS SHOULD WORK. I HAVE TESTED ON MULTIPLE CONSOLES. put your real hdd in the system and go into the system restore menu (hold power until turns on and off, then hold again until two beeps) then have nothing else in your console usb wise and then go to system update and press start and select then change your hdd and let it go for a couple of seconds.. then shut the system off and turn it on again with the new hdd still in it and the hdd will work!!

hdd seagate - toshiba now
firmware 3.41 - 3.55 now
60gb - 500 gb now [/COLOR]

AND UR DONE Claps
Last edited by santino ; 05-26-2011 at 04:35 PM.

The following 53 users say thank you to santino for this useful post:

-Google-, -O-Z-Z-A-8-8-, .DiGiTaLTwO., aBoss, Amir-Habeeb, ASH_209, Asmel, Axiom, bluer105, clankfan1, cluckin bell, Dante., dealer_pt, DEREKTROTTER, Docko412, forcer911, galacticboy2009, Geordie4life2, GetDeleted -_-, GodDrinksPepsi, gusbus20, HIvkid, ItsBarryBurton, kmax102, Liam, Martinez_LJC, mieko, Norman, oI xPozeD Io, pop33, PUDDIN_BOLLOX, PWW_Commander, s0ph0r, sithxnew, Solid Snake, St0rM, stuartlittle98, STyLe_JapaN, ThePaaqoHD, theycallmeryan, TMAN242, tsuma, w8t4it, Waterguy469, xCristian, xHaydeennn, xHeAVeN, xTh3-J0k3R, Xx-NukeClan-xX, xzxero, yankeefan09ws, User2340034u
03-26-2011, 09:20 PM #83
ClutchLikeObama
★ ☆ ✮ ✯
Can anyone other than the OP confirm that this works?
I looked through every page and nobody confirmed that this works.

EDIT: I tried all and NONE of these methods work.
Last edited by ClutchLikeObama ; 03-26-2011 at 11:05 PM.
03-26-2011, 11:05 PM #84
This is true. I've seen a lot of comments saying that it actually doesn't work...

The following 2 users say thank you to el_deathdealer for this useful post:

ClutchLikeObama, Joshycc
03-26-2011, 11:16 PM #85
viralhysteria
Does the console you're transferring to need to be on the same firmware that the original console was on?
03-27-2011, 01:14 AM #86
ClutchLikeObama
★ ☆ ✮ ✯
Originally posted by deRez View Post
Does the console you're transferring to need to be on the same firmware that the original console was on?
He doesn't say, but I have 2 ps3's on 3.55-kmeaw and this doesn't work for me.

And what's with this tutorial? What about people with 2 ps3's?
You could just make a backup of both xRegistry.sys files and swap it out for the one on your other ps3 (if you have 2 ps3's)
That should also work, but it doesn't.

---------- Post added at 08:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:27 PM ----------

Originally posted by pt View Post
Didn't work for me, when i put the new Xregistry in the PS3, shutdown, swap drives and restart, always says it is the wrong HDD, i then went and see the Xregistry, seems after i put the new serial number it always goes back to the original one... what am i missing?
Same problem :cry:
Originally posted by santino View Post
thanks so i take it, it worked for you guys GREAT i knew it did now it proves this guy wrong lol

They never confirmed that this worked for them No
Originally posted by Ix
This works great, I've now got a HD fro patches and DLC and a couple fro Backups :y:

You're the only person with a decent amount of rep who says that this works for you.
How did you do it?
No one else confirmed that this worked. Most of them just said "cool. thanks." or "Awesome find, bro" or just said they were going to try it, but never posted here again to confirm whether it worked or not.
03-27-2011, 01:32 AM #87
I have to know if this works
03-27-2011, 01:38 AM #88
Ix Benere xI
At least I can fight
Originally posted by Magnius View Post
He doesn't say, but I have 2 ps3's on 3.55-kmeaw and this doesn't work for me.

And what's with this tutorial? What about people with 2 ps3's?
You could just make a backup of both xRegistry.sys files and swap it out for the one on your other ps3 (if you have 2 ps3's)
That should also work, but it doesn't.

---------- Post added at 08:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:27 PM ----------

Same problem :cry:

They never confirmed that this worked for them No

You're the only person with a decent amount of rep who says that this works for you.
How did you do it?
No one else confirmed that this worked. Most of them just said "cool. thanks." or "Awesome find, bro" or just said they were going to try it, but never posted here again to confirm whether it worked or not.

Start up the program and backup the registry to the root of a USB, then without exiting the program or turning the PS3 off, take out your HD and put another one in. Then copy the registry from the USB to the HD and it should work fine. You don't need to edit all that crap. I thik that's how I done it, it was a while ago, but believe me it works. I have three internal HD's lol, 2 60GB, 1 40GB and I have 2TB external Cool Man (aka Tustin)
03-27-2011, 01:52 AM #89
ClutchLikeObama
★ ☆ ✮ ✯
Originally posted by Ix
Start up the program and backup the registry to the root of a USB, then without exiting the program or turning the PS3 off, take out your HD and put another one in. Then copy the registry from the USB to the HD and it should work fine. You don't need to edit all that crap. I thik that's how I done it, it was a while ago, but believe me it works. I have three internal HD's lol, 2 60GB, 1 40GB and I have 2TB external Cool Man (aka Tustin)
Thanks! I'll try it now and see how it goes :y:

EDIT: My ps3 started beeping after I tryed to turn it off after I was asked to reboot after restoring the registry. The green light just kept flashing for about 30 seconds and my ps3 wouldn't turn off. I had to flip the switch in the back. After I rebooted, it still asked me to format.
Last edited by ClutchLikeObama ; 03-27-2011 at 02:08 AM.
03-27-2011, 04:51 AM #90
santino
Are you high?
Well here is for you guys every time i have done this i had the consoles on the same firmware i dont know if it works this other firmwares ie 3.55 to 3.41 i have done 3.41 to 3.41 3.55 to 3.55 i made a video and SHOWED IT WORKING so i dont know what you are doing wrong...
03-27-2011, 06:36 AM #91
ClutchLikeObama
★ ☆ ✮ ✯
Originally posted by santino View Post
Well here is for you guys every time i have done this i had the consoles on the same firmware i dont know if it works this other firmwares ie 3.55 to 3.41 i have done 3.41 to 3.41 3.55 to 3.55 i made a video and SHOWED IT WORKING so i dont know what you are doing wrong...
I have the same Legacy 80gb 4 usb bc compatible ps3 you have, and I can't get my hdd out fast enough to try that method. By the time I get it out and put the other one in, I see "software update not found."

I guess I'll try to be quicker this time.

UPDATE: I was fast enough a few times, but this shit still doesn't work.
Last edited by ClutchLikeObama ; 03-27-2011 at 06:54 AM.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo