Post: How to use ANY ps3 hdd in your ps3 without formatting
02-07-2011, 06:11 PM #1
santino
Are you high?
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); ok i am gonna show you how to make ANY ps3 harddrive work in your ps3 without formatting it so you dont loose info on it. this is great for someone who got a new ps3 and wants to use their old hdd in it.

Here is another way to do it. If YOU HAVE PROBLEMS WITH THIS METHOD TELL ME ILL HELP THE BEST I CAN THIS SHOULD WORK. I HAVE TESTED ON MULTIPLE CONSOLES. put your real hdd in the system and go into the system restore menu (hold power until turns on and off, then hold again until two beeps) then have nothing else in your console usb wise and then go to system update and press start and select then change your hdd and let it go for a couple of seconds.. then shut the system off and turn it on again with the new hdd still in it and the hdd will work!!

hdd seagate - toshiba now
firmware 3.41 - 3.55 now
60gb - 500 gb now [/COLOR]

AND UR DONE Claps
Last edited by santino ; 05-26-2011 at 04:35 PM.

The following 53 users say thank you to santino for this useful post:

-Google-, -O-Z-Z-A-8-8-, .DiGiTaLTwO., aBoss, Amir-Habeeb, ASH_209, Asmel, Axiom, bluer105, clankfan1, cluckin bell, Dante., dealer_pt, DEREKTROTTER, Docko412, forcer911, galacticboy2009, Geordie4life2, GetDeleted -_-, GodDrinksPepsi, gusbus20, HIvkid, ItsBarryBurton, kmax102, Liam, Martinez_LJC, mieko, Norman, oI xPozeD Io, pop33, PUDDIN_BOLLOX, PWW_Commander, s0ph0r, sithxnew, Solid Snake, St0rM, stuartlittle98, STyLe_JapaN, ThePaaqoHD, theycallmeryan, TMAN242, tsuma, w8t4it, Waterguy469, xCristian, xHaydeennn, xHeAVeN, xTh3-J0k3R, Xx-NukeClan-xX, xzxero, yankeefan09ws, User2340034u
04-02-2011, 10:51 PM #92
Originally posted by santino View Post
ok i am gonna show you how to make ANY ps3 harddrive work in your ps3 without formatting it so you dont loose info on it. this is great for someone who got a new ps3 and wants to use their old hdd in it. ok so first THIS WILL ONLY WORK ON CFW I HAVE TESTED IT ON 3.55 KMEAW.

Here is another way to do it. If YOU HAVE PROBLEMS WITH THIS METHOD TELL ME ILL HELP THE BEST I CAN THIS SHOULD WORK. I HAVE TESTED ON MULTIPLE CONSOLES. put your real hdd in the system and go into the system restore menu (hold power until turns on and off, then hold again until two beeps) then have nothing else in your console usb wise and then go to system update and press start and select then change your hdd and let it go for a couple of seconds.. then shut the system off and turn it on again with the new hdd still in it and the hdd will work!!

This wont work , i tried like 4 times and after u plug the new hdd and restart it asks to update and format the hdd ,also when u plug the original hdd back it will ask u to update to 3.55 again or it wont start (havent lost any data). tested with slim ps3 , maibe it works only on Fat?

also, dont wana flame, but i think that bouth drives that u use on the video are already formated by that ps3 , so bouth will always work (pluging them normaly ) but in my case it wold ask u to always reinstall the OFW-CFW after plunging the drives the way u do it on the vid , so thats why i wont say that its a fake ....
just thinking that it dosent work with any ps3
(sry for my lame english , i know it is :derp: )
04-04-2011, 05:35 AM #93
santino
Are you high?
Originally posted by dannyelstanx View Post
This wont work , i tried like 4 times and after u plug the new hdd and restart it asks to update and format the hdd ,also when u plug the original hdd back it will ask u to update to 3.55 again or it wont start (havent lost any data). tested with slim ps3 , maibe it works only on Fat?

also, dont wana flame, but i think that bouth drives that u use on the video are already formated by that ps3 , so bouth will always work (pluging them normaly ) but in my case it wold ask u to always reinstall the OFW-CFW after plunging the drives the way u do it on the vid , so thats why i wont say that its a fake ....
just thinking that it dosent work with any ps3
(sry for my lame english , i know it is :derp: )

well when i have time ill make one more vid of showing the second drive in the console first at start up when it says the error is "the harddrive needs to be reformated" since its the wrong hdd then ill do the method and it will go away
04-04-2011, 11:48 AM #94
Originally posted by santino View Post
well when i have time ill make one more vid of showing the second drive in the console first at start up when it says the error is "the harddrive needs to be reformated" since its the wrong hdd then ill do the method and it will go away

its not like i dont believe you , but id like to see that , because i did it exactly as on your vid and it did not work for me.
04-05-2011, 12:50 PM #95
You must login or register to view this content.

#53 almost says its works , TBH i tried the Xreg , can not be sticked for some reason
i tried method 2 , in the youtube its correct he managed to do that but i tried with 3.60 to 3.55 HDD replace , iam not fast enough ofc because its from slim to fat but yes it didnt work for me , but iam doing 3.60 to 3.55 as the guy in #53 says its works so its works on any FW but i dk why i cant do it.

Any any any help from someone who got them to work its greatlky appreciated , Santi thanks for informing that there IS a method to swap HDDS its seems #53 managed to do that from OFW to CFW .

Thanks ,
04-05-2011, 02:52 PM #96
awesome info man i got an old hdd from my ylod ps3
04-06-2011, 06:20 PM #97
ya, dosent work for me neither , i tried to plug my friends OFW hdd (below 3.60 /ylod ps3)on my CFW 3.55 rebug (slim version) and it asks me to format the hdd .
also, when i plug the original hdd back it ask to reinstall OFW-CFW....
04-06-2011, 09:46 PM #98
Teh_knight
[b][move]Level 1 Trustworthy Winky Winky[/move][/b]
Thanks! Haven't tried it yet, but it is extremely useful if I plan to do something like this later on.
04-18-2011, 10:45 AM #99
KINGMANI
アニメフリーク
Not working for me >_<
Try it at a 120GB Slim
Want to put my old 100GB form my Phat 60GB PS3 in but at the START+SELECT it checks only for 5 Secs so i cant change the hdd so fast :(
04-18-2011, 05:54 PM #100
Air.Jordan
Black and Yellow
Thanks maybe i can use a TB harddrive now. Smile

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo