Post: How to use ANY ps3 hdd in your ps3 without formatting
02-07-2011, 06:11 PM #1
santino
Are you high?
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); ok i am gonna show you how to make ANY ps3 harddrive work in your ps3 without formatting it so you dont loose info on it. this is great for someone who got a new ps3 and wants to use their old hdd in it.

Here is another way to do it. If YOU HAVE PROBLEMS WITH THIS METHOD TELL ME ILL HELP THE BEST I CAN THIS SHOULD WORK. I HAVE TESTED ON MULTIPLE CONSOLES. put your real hdd in the system and go into the system restore menu (hold power until turns on and off, then hold again until two beeps) then have nothing else in your console usb wise and then go to system update and press start and select then change your hdd and let it go for a couple of seconds.. then shut the system off and turn it on again with the new hdd still in it and the hdd will work!!

hdd seagate - toshiba now
firmware 3.41 - 3.55 now
60gb - 500 gb now [/COLOR]

AND UR DONE Claps
Last edited by santino ; 05-26-2011 at 04:35 PM.

The following 53 users say thank you to santino for this useful post:

-Google-, -O-Z-Z-A-8-8-, .DiGiTaLTwO., aBoss, Amir-Habeeb, ASH_209, Asmel, Axiom, bluer105, clankfan1, cluckin bell, Dante., dealer_pt, DEREKTROTTER, Docko412, forcer911, galacticboy2009, Geordie4life2, GetDeleted -_-, GodDrinksPepsi, gusbus20, HIvkid, ItsBarryBurton, kmax102, Liam, Martinez_LJC, mieko, Norman, oI xPozeD Io, pop33, PUDDIN_BOLLOX, PWW_Commander, s0ph0r, sithxnew, Solid Snake, St0rM, stuartlittle98, STyLe_JapaN, ThePaaqoHD, theycallmeryan, TMAN242, tsuma, w8t4it, Waterguy469, xCristian, xHaydeennn, xHeAVeN, xTh3-J0k3R, Xx-NukeClan-xX, xzxero, yankeefan09ws, User2340034u
03-25-2011, 03:20 AM #74
santino
Are you high?
thanks so i take it, it worked for you guys GREAT i knew it did now it proves this guy wrong lol
03-25-2011, 10:57 AM #75
Joshycc
Wanna Surf ?
Originally posted by santino View Post
ok i am gonna show you how to make ANY ps3 harddrive work in your ps3 without formatting it so you dont loose info on it. this is great for someone who got a new ps3 and wants to use their old hdd in it. ok so first THIS WILL ONLY WORK ON CFW I HAVE TESTED IT ON 3.55 KMEAW.

Here is another way to do it. If YOU HAVE PROBLEMS WITH THIS METHOD TELL ME ILL HELP THE BEST I CAN THIS SHOULD WORK. I HAVE TESTED ON MULTIPLE CONSOLES. put your real hdd in the system and go into the system restore menu (hold power until turns on and off, then hold again until two beeps) then have nothing else in your console usb wise and then go to system update and press start and select then change your hdd and let it go for a couple of seconds.. then shut the system off and turn it on again with the new hdd still in it and the hdd will work!!

You must login or register to view this content.

firmware 3.41 - 3.55 now

What you will need.
a ps3 running cfw
xRegistryeditor
xReg Plus You must login or register to view this content.
and two ps3 hdds

1.So first you will need to install cfw if you dont already have it.

2.Next you will need to install xRegistry editor on your computer.

3.Now install xReg Plus

4.Open xReg Plus and Press SELECT to BACKUP xRegistry.sys to root of USB000 (the last usb port on the right)

5.now open the xRegistry editor and open the file you saved on your flashdrive.

6.Now on the editor your gonna look for the part that says (/setting/system/hddSerial) and highlight it.
On your right you will see the box that says value this is what we are changing.
(i am gonna refer to whats in the value box as hdd serial)

7.now this (serial) is what tells the console you have the right hdd in it. the code is made up as this the first letters and numbers is the model number on the hdd and after the spaces the next one is the serial number writting on the hdd as well.
For easier it is (hdd model number hdd serial)

Here is mine for people to see i edited values for reasons but.... i tried spaces didnt work just put 43 spaces after the model
(ST48822AS...........................................5PK4HD6T)
{hdd model ........................................... hdd serial}

OK TO MAKE IT EASIER take the model number on your hdd and put it on the value line then add 43 spaces then put the serial number in the value and ur done it should look like something above just no periods make them spaces.

8.Now all you have to do is copy whats in the quotes in red above so you have the proper spacing and change my values to whats on the hdd you want. (well i tried to just use spaces it didnt work so its 43 spaces the txt. i used periods for you and the periods keeps adding a space sorry i tried.)

9.Now after you create your new (hdd serial) put it in the value box and save.

10.Copy the saved xRegistry.sys file to your usb device and make sure its in the usb0 slot its the one all the way to the right.

11. Press START to RESTORE xRegistry.sys from root of USB000

AND UR DONE Claps

So you need the ps3 to be originally CFW'd ?

Coz i have a HDD with 3.54 i think , someting before 3.55 ... But whenever i put it into my ps3 it says it needs to have 3.60 or higher .. Will this method work , Coz if it will then i can have CFW again

My normal HDD had 3.56 , No CFW .. :/

Any help anyway , !!! Even if this method doesnt work ? :love: Happy :rolleyes:
03-25-2011, 11:38 AM #76
xMurphyBoiix
❶❸❸❼
thanks for this tbh
03-25-2011, 12:47 PM #77
santino
Are you high?
Originally posted by Joshycc View Post
So you need the ps3 to be originally CFW'd ?

Coz i have a HDD with 3.54 i think , someting before 3.55 ... But whenever i put it into my ps3 it says it needs to have 3.60 or higher .. Will this method work , Coz if it will then i can have CFW again

My normal HDD had 3.56 , No CFW .. :/

Any help anyway , !!! Even if this method doesnt work ? :love: Happy :rolleyes:

i have no idea never tried it just give it a shot
03-26-2011, 11:26 AM #78
Joshycc
Wanna Surf ?
Originally posted by santino View Post
ok i am gonna show you how to make ANY ps3 harddrive work in your ps3 without formatting it so you dont loose info on it. this is great for someone who got a new ps3 and wants to use their old hdd in it. ok so first THIS WILL ONLY WORK ON CFW I HAVE TESTED IT ON 3.55 KMEAW.

firmware 3.41 - 3.55 now

What you will need.
a ps3 running cfw
xRegistryeditor
xReg Plus You must login or register to view this content.
and two ps3 hdds

1.So first you will need to install cfw if you dont already have it.

2.Next you will need to install xRegistry editor on your computer.

3.Now install xReg Plus

4.Open xReg Plus and Press SELECT to BACKUP xRegistry.sys to root of USB000 (the last usb port on the right)

5.now open the xRegistry editor and open the file you saved on your flashdrive.

6.Now on the editor your gonna look for the part that says (/setting/system/hddSerial) and highlight it.
On your right you will see the box that says value this is what we are changing.
(i am gonna refer to whats in the value box as hdd serial)

7.now this (serial) is what tells the console you have the right hdd in it. the code is made up as this the first letters and numbers is the model number on the hdd and after the spaces the next one is the serial number writting on the hdd as well.
For easier it is (hdd model number hdd serial)

Here is mine for people to see i edited values for reasons but.... i tried spaces didnt work just put 43 spaces after the model
(ST48822AS...........................................5PK4HD6T)
{hdd model ........................................... hdd serial}

OK TO MAKE IT EASIER take the model number on your hdd and put it on the value line then add 43 spaces then put the serial number in the value and ur done it should look like something above just no periods make them spaces.

8.Now all you have to do is copy whats in the quotes in red above so you have the proper spacing and change my values to whats on the hdd you want. (well i tried to just use spaces it didnt work so its 43 spaces the txt. i used periods for you and the periods keeps adding a space sorry i tried.)

9.Now after you create your new (hdd serial) put it in the value box and save.

10.Copy the saved xRegistry.sys file to your usb device and make sure its in the usb0 slot its the one all the way to the right.

11. Press START to RESTORE xRegistry.sys from root of USB000

AND UR DONE Claps

Here is another way to do it. If YOU HAVE PROBLEMS WITH THIS METHOD TELL ME ILL HELP THE BEST I CAN THIS SHOULD WORK. I HAVE TESTED ON MULTIPLE CONSOLES. put your real hdd in the system and go into the system restore menu (hold power until turns on and off, then hold again until two beeps) then have nothing else in your console usb wise and then go to system update and press start and select then change your hdd and let it go for a couple of seconds.. then shut the system off and turn it on again with the new hdd still in it and the hdd will work!! Okay , so i tried this method with my old hdd and it didint work , it just said something about pressing the ps button to restart or insert 3.56 or higher and press start and select , this was after all the steps , i have a ps3 slim though .
03-26-2011, 08:16 PM #79
Can anyone actually confirm that this is working for them?
03-26-2011, 09:06 PM #80
Cody_h4x
Nobody is like me
Very good tutorial lot's of people found this very useful Smile
03-26-2011, 09:11 PM #81
Finisher1214
Save Point
Great Find dudee
03-26-2011, 09:11 PM #82
Default Avatar
Gynouss
So i have the 3.56v1 issue, i had formated my original HDD, could it work for me? I always get data corrupted....

Anyone have tried it????

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo