04-06-2011, 04:28 AM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); ok i know this is in the wrong section but i need my playstation fixed as quick as possible. I believe my ps3 is bricked and i am having issues unbricking it. can anyone help me with this process. btw nothing will ever show up on the screen no matter what
04-06-2011, 04:35 AM #2
Mr.Amitoz
Big Brother ONLINE GTFO
put it in recovery mode and maybe ur using the wrong cables... or ur tv is not working MORE DETAIL ?

The following user thanked Mr.Amitoz for this useful post:

sk8rkid103
04-06-2011, 04:39 AM #3
Originally posted by Jordan247 View Post
ok i know this is in the wrong section but i need my playstation fixed as quick as possible. I believe my ps3 is bricked and i am having issues unbricking it. can anyone help me with this process. btw nothing will ever show up on the screen no matter what

ya u can do recovery if ur using an HDMI cable instead of RGB cable or whatever its called (RED WHITE YELLOW CABLES) or vise versa hold down the power when its shut off and keep holding until u hear 1 BEEP then let go scroll through your sources in your tv and you got it if its another problem respond back to both of us LDOutie
04-06-2011, 06:25 AM #4
jman313
Bounty hunter
ok i know this is in the wrong section but i need my playstation fixed as quick as possible. I believe my ps3 is bricked and i am having issues unbricking it. can anyone help me with this process. btw nothing will ever show up on the screen no matter what

yeah i say go ahead and put it in recovery mode, then put your desired OFW , there was a good post on this let me try and find it ok
04-06-2011, 07:49 AM #5
Originally posted by jman313 View Post
yeah i say go ahead and put it in recovery mode, then put your desired OFW , there was a good post on this let me try and find it ok

Recovery mode will not even pop up on the screen. and sometimes my controller wont even sync to it

---------- Post added at 02:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:41 AM ----------

Originally posted by Mr.Amitoz View Post
put it in recovery mode and maybe ur using the wrong cables... or ur tv is not working MORE DETAIL ?

Recovery mode will not come up on the screen either and I have tried every cable that is compatible with the ps3.
04-06-2011, 08:41 AM #6
Gotham_Shadow
Do or Do Not, There is No Try
I think then your problem is that you need to reflow the cpu and gpu, add new thermal compound, and a new fan will help too. I've had that happen before as well. It is a somewhat easy fix.
04-06-2011, 08:44 AM #7
Mankins
You talkin to me?
Yeah new fan will help. Btw wrong section.
04-06-2011, 11:09 AM #8
well as youve got a bricked system you could try the downgrade its sed to not work but you might aswell try it look here

download the files here:
You must login or register to view this content.

Step 1.) Download the files needed above.

Step 2.) Format a USB device to fat32. Make sure their is nothing on the USB device, or this will not work. Extract the lv2 file from folder 1, and place it on your USB device along with the Firmware you chose.

Step 3.) Insert your USB device into the Right-Most USB port on your PS3. (Closest to the Disc Reader.) Turn your PS3 on, and your screen will be black. Wait for a little bit, and your PS3 will turn itself off. If it fails to turn off within 25 minutes, turn it off manually.

Step 4.) Turn your PS3 back on, and you'll see the recovery menu. Once you know you see the recovery menu, go ahead and turn your PS3 off. Now, unplug the USB device from the PS3, and insert it into the USB port onto your PC. Erase everything off of your USB. Extract the lv2 file from folder 2 and place it on your root of your USB device.

Step 5.) Insert your USB device back into the Right-Most USB port. Now, turn your PS3 on, it will be unbricked with the firmware you chose to put on the USB drive in step 3.

Good luck.

let us know wether it works

The following user thanked Kanye West for this useful post:

Rhymzz
04-07-2011, 03:31 AM #9
Originally posted by Shadow View Post
I think then your problem is that you need to reflow the cpu and gpu, add new thermal compound, and a new fan will help too. I've had that happen before as well. It is a somewhat easy fix.

Will please explain some details
04-07-2011, 04:34 AM #10
Gotham_Shadow
Do or Do Not, There is No Try
Will please explain some details

This person needs to:

A. Reflow the CPU and GPU back to the motherboard (there are tons of youtube video tutorials to do this)

B. Add a new thermal compound to both CPU and GPU (I prefer Artic Silver 5 when I fix YLOD's)

C. Add a new fan. I highly recommend purchasing a Talismoon Whisper fan for ps3. You can get one off Amazon.

D. Clean out all the dust from inside the ps3

This will fix most YLOD's and such. I've done this to a few consoles in the past that haven't YLOD again. One I did nearly a year ago is still working perfectly.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo