12-19-2011, 05:39 PM #1
Cooler
Supreme
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); THIS IS NOT MY TUTORIAL! All credit goes to Berion over at PSX Scene.

If You are CFW user i recommend a Rebug CFW which brings nice debug fe called Fake Save Data Owner. It's turned on by default on all versions, which saves you a lot of inconvenience, and this mini-turorial will be a needless if You are on this CFW. If You are on other CFW or OFW this tutorial is for You. ColdReader (PS3SaveUnlocker) write a nice app which automate resigning process in PARAM.SFO but in my opinion hex editor is sufficient for such an easy task (and PS3 Save Unlocker unnecessary copy whole data block from first id to EOF) but of course, first you should try his program. If game still don't recognize save do this as i described below:

1. Open PARAM.SFO in any hex editor (i.e Hex Workshop). It doesn't matter which hex editor because all can represent data in raw and have copy/paste/find options which are sufficient. You need replace (very important: not add/del or something, just replace) a few things:

2. First is the "user id" which identifies Your user account. This ID always start on the same offset (0x140) and always have 16 bytes. Replace it by Your values - and do this twice - first on 0x140 and second somewhere in the file (address of 2nd "user id" is constant only for the same game save title, it's different for different games. Use search option in hex editor).

Note: Most saves downloaded from internet has zeroed this area and it's difficult to find proper 2nd offset. Don't worry, in this case just compare to files.

You must login or register to view this content.

3. Second id is "console id" which identifies Your console (don't mislead it with IDPS). It also have 16 bytes and also is not on constant offest. For example, in Flow (NPUA-80001) is on 0x574.

4. Third id is user number account (for example: for "dev_hdd0/home/00000001/" will be 01h)). It's has 1 byte and be situated on next byte after "console id". For example, in Flow (NPUA-80001) is on 0x575.

That's all. If You all did correct, game will recognize save file and not locked save option and trophy system. If not, this mean that this game save is PARAM.PFD protected and we cannot do anything until someone wise reverse this sh*t.

The following 14 users say thank you to Cooler for this useful post:

hankm242, Beats, johnnyla, Kush Friendly, Kyle07, LeGiiT_xFlaMeZz, MP_MAFIA, ps3delboy, punkybear2102, redmoneydash, Solid Snake, TG1DER, uaeonly,
12-22-2011, 07:32 PM #20
Do ya know if transferring a Gran Turismo 5 to another account would work? That's about all I want a hacked ps3 for...lol
12-22-2011, 10:23 PM #21
gringo96
Little One
anyone wanna make a vid tut? Yes
12-22-2011, 10:49 PM #22
HUYI82
< ^ > < ^ >
Originally posted by Trip0wn View Post
Xploder is easier.. You just need to learn how to use saves OTHER than whats on the site. I have OFW and i got hacked saves for FF13

indeed it does, it's worth the £15 i payed for it because it's very simple to use and works without using hex editing.
12-23-2011, 04:21 AM #23
Lito
Little One
I did whatever I could & when i try to to copy the save to my ps3, it says that it is corrupted. Anyone help?
12-24-2011, 02:08 AM #24
Here's how xploder worked for me! I tried to dumb the steps down a lil ya know.

product key MUST be just the #s...leave the dashes out....yep already had that problem...lol

1-put downloaded save on usb in the usual ps3 folder (PS3/Gamesaves/)...think that's it right off the top of my head but yea ya know
2-MOVE it to the left onto My PS3 GameSaves
3-put your save on usb in the same ps3 folder where the downloaded save was
4-MOVE downloaded save to the right onto your save and overwrite it

then COPY to ps3 and it should work.

oh yea...if nothing shows up on the right at 1st ya may have to format the usb...it only adds like the folders to it like what's under the ps3...this only really works with 1 save in the folder too so you can tell which save you're working with

also, once ya put whatever save into the usb...ya may have to refresh the usb..there's an option for it

---------- Post added at 08:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:00 PM ----------

For those of you have PMed me...I can't write back yet....lol...gotta get my post count up..almost there Smile But yea I done got rid of my 2nd key for the xploder.
Last edited by gt5rocks ; 12-24-2011 at 02:06 AM. Reason: special note

The following user thanked gt5rocks for this useful post:

HUYI82
12-28-2011, 06:58 PM #25
Default Avatar
xwolf
is this is only for cfw user only ?
12-28-2011, 07:19 PM #26
thanks for the tutorial
12-28-2011, 07:22 PM #27
Originally posted by Cooler View Post
THIS IS NOT MY TUTORIAL! All credit goes to Berion over at PSX Scene.

If You are CFW user i recommend a Rebug CFW which brings nice debug fe called Fake Save Data Owner. It's turned on by default on all versions, which saves you a lot of inconvenience, and this mini-turorial will be a needless if You are on this CFW. If You are on other CFW or OFW this tutorial is for You. ColdReader (PS3SaveUnlocker) write a nice app which automate resigning process in PARAM.SFO but in my opinion hex editor is sufficient for such an easy task (and PS3 Save Unlocker unnecessary copy whole data block from first id to EOF) but of course, first you should try his program. If game still don't recognize save do this as i described below:

1. Open PARAM.SFO in any hex editor (i.e Hex Workshop). It doesn't matter which hex editor because all can represent data in raw and have copy/paste/find options which are sufficient. You need replace (very important: not add/del or something, just replace) a few things:

2. First is the "user id" which identifies Your user account. This ID always start on the same offset (0x140) and always have 16 bytes. Replace it by Your values - and do this twice - first on 0x140 and second somewhere in the file (address of 2nd "user id" is constant only for the same game save title, it's different for different games. Use search option in hex editor).

Note: Most saves downloaded from internet has zeroed this area and it's difficult to find proper 2nd offset. Don't worry, in this case just compare to files.

You must login or register to view this content.

3. Second id is "console id" which identifies Your console (don't mislead it with IDPS). It also have 16 bytes and also is not on constant offest. For example, in Flow (NPUA-80001) is on 0x574.

4. Third id is user number account (for example: for "dev_hdd0/home/00000001/" will be 01h)). It's has 1 byte and be situated on next byte after "console id". For example, in Flow (NPUA-80001) is on 0x575.

That's all. If You all did correct, game will recognize save file and not locked save option and trophy system. If not, this mean that this game save is PARAM.PFD protected and we cannot do anything until someone wise reverse this sh*t.

Will this work for Survival saves on mw3? sorry for the n00b question:/
12-30-2011, 09:12 AM #28
Ca you tropy hack with xploder with the new games like call of duty?

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo