12-19-2011, 05:39 PM #1
Cooler
Supreme
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); THIS IS NOT MY TUTORIAL! All credit goes to Berion over at PSX Scene.

If You are CFW user i recommend a Rebug CFW which brings nice debug fe called Fake Save Data Owner. It's turned on by default on all versions, which saves you a lot of inconvenience, and this mini-turorial will be a needless if You are on this CFW. If You are on other CFW or OFW this tutorial is for You. ColdReader (PS3SaveUnlocker) write a nice app which automate resigning process in PARAM.SFO but in my opinion hex editor is sufficient for such an easy task (and PS3 Save Unlocker unnecessary copy whole data block from first id to EOF) but of course, first you should try his program. If game still don't recognize save do this as i described below:

1. Open PARAM.SFO in any hex editor (i.e Hex Workshop). It doesn't matter which hex editor because all can represent data in raw and have copy/paste/find options which are sufficient. You need replace (very important: not add/del or something, just replace) a few things:

2. First is the "user id" which identifies Your user account. This ID always start on the same offset (0x140) and always have 16 bytes. Replace it by Your values - and do this twice - first on 0x140 and second somewhere in the file (address of 2nd "user id" is constant only for the same game save title, it's different for different games. Use search option in hex editor).

Note: Most saves downloaded from internet has zeroed this area and it's difficult to find proper 2nd offset. Don't worry, in this case just compare to files.

You must login or register to view this content.

3. Second id is "console id" which identifies Your console (don't mislead it with IDPS). It also have 16 bytes and also is not on constant offest. For example, in Flow (NPUA-80001) is on 0x574.

4. Third id is user number account (for example: for "dev_hdd0/home/00000001/" will be 01h)). It's has 1 byte and be situated on next byte after "console id". For example, in Flow (NPUA-80001) is on 0x575.

That's all. If You all did correct, game will recognize save file and not locked save option and trophy system. If not, this mean that this game save is PARAM.PFD protected and we cannot do anything until someone wise reverse this sh*t.

The following 14 users say thank you to Cooler for this useful post:

hankm242, Beats, johnnyla, Kush Friendly, Kyle07, LeGiiT_xFlaMeZz, MP_MAFIA, ps3delboy, punkybear2102, redmoneydash, Solid Snake, TG1DER, uaeonly,
12-19-2011, 09:45 PM #2
im pretty sure every disk based game has a param.pfd file in it... not sure if thats what u meant Gaspkay:
12-19-2011, 09:58 PM #3
punkybear2102
Level 2 trustworthy
This might have just made a lot more trophy hacks Smile great thread.
12-20-2011, 12:32 AM #4
Oliiver
Como te llama?
Attempting this at the moment.. :fyea:.
12-20-2011, 01:42 AM #5
thehobliks
Do a barrel roll!
i attempted this earlier and didn't get very far. once i got to the part where you had to find the user id the second time it was nowhere to be found. i also didn't understand how you're suppose to find the console id either

The following user thanked thehobliks for this useful post:

SweatyMidgets
12-20-2011, 06:11 AM #6
Oliiver
Como te llama?
Well.. This didn't work out so well for me. Gaspkay:.
12-20-2011, 07:43 AM #7
Thanks but hope someone can try it and get it right.. i have and same ans thehobliks didn't find all the information
12-20-2011, 09:09 AM #8
Remco87
Little One
Hmm this is hard, will try once I get home later today
12-20-2011, 01:32 PM #9
KingKj52
The New Kid
Why don't you all just install rebug.

Originally posted by Cooler View Post
If You are CFW user i recommend a Rebug CFW which brings nice debug fe called Fake Save Data Owner. It's turned on by default on all versions, which saves you a lot of inconvenience, and this mini-turorial will be a needless if You are on this CFW.

Based on what he says, Rebug has this function automatically. The tutorial is only for those that want to keep their own [current] CFW. If you are really serious about this, and cannot figure the tutorial out, just install Rebug.
12-20-2011, 02:10 PM #10
Remember that the PARAM.PFD contains encrypted information about all the files in the directory.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo