Thread: PS3 Debug / Test Firmware 3.74 and 4.00 Updates Surface

1. Xx--AIDAN--xX One Man Army

Join Date Feb 2011

Posts 4,622

Membership Donator

01-15-2012 06:45 PM #1 PS3 Debug / Test Firmware 3.74 and 4.00 Updates Surface

For those who own PS3 Debug / Test consoles or are simply into collecting PlayStation 3 file leaks, recently PS3 Debug / Test Firmware 3.74 surfaced alongside version 4.00 from Sony's North American Press Web site.

If you didn't know, the address to their Press site is [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] and Sony offers free access to all members of the press there using SCEA / SC3APR to login and obtain the latest press releases and related files.

Finally, keep in mind these PUP updates will currently NOT install on a retail PS3, and so they are intended for examination and comparison purposes only.

We have 100% confirmed that running this updater on a retail PS3 will not damage it, however, it will give the following error before the installation completes: The data type is not supported. (8002F029)

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] PS3 Debug Firmware v3.74.rar

PS3 Debug Firmware v4.00.rar [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Xx--AIDAN--xX For This Useful Post:

Choco Respect my authoritah!!

Join Date Jun 2010

Posts 3,000

Membership Elite

01-16-2012 01:22 PM #21

TO EVERYONE ASKING IN THIS THREA

THIS IS NOT A CUSTOM FIRMWARE.
    THIS WILL NOT LEAD TO A CUSTOM FIRMWARE.
    THIS DOES NOT WORK ON ANY PS3 ON ANY FIRMWARE UNLESS YOU HAVE A PS3 TEST UNIT
    SO STOP ASKING!!!

Jesus I'm sick of every thread in this section being full of "Does this work on 4.00?" "is this a jb?" "can i do this on my ps3"? It states clearly in the thread the answer to all these questions. Which is no. So read the ****ing thread before you go and post.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] || [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]||[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

4. Join Date Jan 2011

Posts 499

Membership Banned

01-16-2012 01:25 PM #22

Quote Originally Posted by .Choco View Post
    TO EVERYONE ASKING IN THIS THREA

THIS IS NOT A CUSTOM FIRMWARE.
    THIS WILL NOT LEAD TO A CUSTOM FIRMWARE.
    THIS DOES NOT WORK ON ANY PS3 ON ANY FIRMWARE UNLESS YOU HAVE A PS3 TEST UNIT
    SO STOP ASKING!!!

Jesus I'm sick of every thread in this section being full of "Does this work on 4.00?" "is this a jb?" "can i do this on my ps3"? It states clearly in the thread the answer to all these questions. Which is no. So read the ****ing thread before you go and post.
    So this means no mw3 cl? Im such a l33t h4x0r ill make my own CFW U NUBS, AND ILL NOT SJARE IT WITH ANY1 THAT DOESENT PAYE MEYE 100$

:carling: