11-11-2012, 11:19 PM #1
DEREKTROTTER
You're Goddamn Right
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});
[Tutorial] CEX2DEX using Rebug CFW4.21

You must login or register to view this content.

Downloads:
CEX2DEX: You must login or register to view this content.
EID Root Key Dumper: You must login or register to view this content. | You must login or register to view this content. | You must login or register to view this content.

Preparation:
Dumping EID root key
First you need to dump your EID Root Key which can now be done on most CFW Version.
  • Install and run the EID PKG for your CFW, the PS3 will just show a black screen and beep several times. You can now restart the PS3 and retrieve your eid_root_key from either:
    /dev_hdd0/tmp/eid_root_key or for 4.xx in /dev_hdd0/game/FLTZ00010/USRDIR.

*You can now dump you EID Root Key directly via the Rebug Toolbox ( utilities > dump EID Root key )

Dumping NOR/NAND
You can do this on rebug CFW using the toolbox.
  • Find the option "Export Flash to File", this will dump it to USB000 (right slot).

Converting your CEX dump to DEX
  • First download and extract the c2d_openssl.rar to C:/ and install openSSL, this is required for c2d to work properly. Make sure you rename the folder to "openssl".
  • Now take you eid_root_key and your NOR/NAND dump and place in the folder with c2d.

• Rename your original CEX dump to flashCEX.bin
  • Add .bin extension to eid_root_key.

Should now have a folder like this:

• Open a CMD window in the current directory (CTRL+SHIFT + right click > Open a command window here)

Usage:
    c2d.exe eid_key_file.bin in_flash.bin out_flash.bin [target_id]

So type in CMD or copy/paste the following: c2d.exe eid_root_key.bin flashCEX.bin flashDEX.bin 82

Should give you an output like this:

If you are unsure you have done it correctly, you can convert back to your original target ID (mine is 87)
Then compare this one with your original and they should match.

Switching to DEX using rebug CFW
Take your two dumps (flashCEX.bin + flashDEX.bin) and rename as below:

Rename your original CEX dump to CEX-FLASH.EID0.NORBIN (16mb) or CEX-FLASH.EID0.NANDBIN (239mb or 256mb)
Rename your converted DEX dump to DEX-FLASH.EID0.NORBIN (16mb) or DEX-FLASH.EID0.NANDBIN (239mb or 256mb)
Then place in the directory of your USB storage drive and insert in PS3 on USB000 (right slot)

Load up Rebug Toolbox and first click the option:
A couple of warning boxes pop up, click YES to both.

Now Swap LV2 kernal, reboot and you are in DEX Mode within 10 seconds Smile

Switching back to CEX
Very easy, simply rewrite target ID and it will auto swap lv2 kernal to CEX.

To access PSN in DEX mode, there is a feature in Rebug Toolbox to spoof IDPS. Choose EID5 and you will be able to sign in fine.

btw, if anything in this tut doesn't make sense - let me know so i can make it even more noob friendly.

Troubleshooting
Q: Command prompt says cant find openssl.exe in c: \openssl\bin even though i checked and openssl.exe is definately there.
A: Make sure the openssl folder is at root C:/ and is named exactly "openssl"

Q: Im having a error telling me that wrong format EID 48 bytes.
A: Make sure the filesize of your key is either 48 bytes (NOR) or 256kb (NAND)
Also dont forget you need to add the file extension .bin to the key.

How to get Online 4.21 DEX
Simply go to Rebug Toolbox > Utilities > Change Active PS3ID > EID5 CEX then go Sign in.
Last edited by DEREKTROTTER ; 02-20-2015 at 09:14 PM.

The following 239 users say thank you to DEREKTROTTER for this useful post:

_L0st_my_Gh0st_, ResistTheMoon, -SuperMan, {OM}1337{OM}, ⓙω мσ∂z, Nana, ★RAMPAGE★, Eddie Mac, 1reyalp, A Friend, A1narchy.com, AcnxMods, alexis strider, AlexNGU, Asian, bandphan, BASEBALL4EVER12, bhoot-iq, TheDeadLift, BKG98, BkxRich, BoatyMcBoatFace, Britis-, BroIDontMod, byVexHD, canadiancaper, CantStopMark, celahudini, Cesei, CEXREXDEX, Chnorzy, CITYCOMET, cl_21, clossky, codmadz332, Creepz, cuartaesfera, Dan Dactyl, Dan94, DannyBoiSmith, Daweeyz, Demmonnixx, dolby1, Dr. Mayham, Durnethe3, emcrew2, EquakeCSharp, FarSideX, Father Luckeyy, FLIX_Hosting, flynhigh09, FOX-727, Frank Ryan, FwiskyFIFA, gaming_nation, popcornmods, GangDePlot, gatecrasher, geeklogik, Geo, Ali D Killer, Ghozt007, Gommy, GuMMyOreOs, Harry, Hate, HaTeRM4NR33T, Heaney, JLM, hibye3, HighModzz, Hori_By_Nature, I-HATE-NGU, ibombo, Callumeleyy, iDunkPingazBrah, iifire, ilasthope, iLLy-i, Im Po, ImAzazel, ImGsus, ImIrIsH, ImPiffHD, iRoyal // MoDz, Island Time, It's Kevin, JakeP0500, JamesSwagger, Jasdeep, Jimmy, JohanMoya, joni_djESP, JPClyde, juham, kazeFATALITY, Kearns- and 139 other users.
08-12-2013, 10:18 PM #452
sionwilliams
Do a barrel roll!
Originally posted by DEREKTROTTER View Post

NOTE: Guide is almost the same for Rebug 4.30 users, simply dump your NOR/NAND on 4.30 - though this should be obvious anyway :dumb:

Downloads:

Preparation:
Dumping EID root key
First you need to dump your EID Root Key which must be done on 3.55 cfw(downgrade using the 999 pup if needed).
  • Install and run the eEID_RKDumper.pkg, the PS3 will just show a black screen and beep several times. You can now restart the PS3 and retrieve your eid_root_key from /dev_hdd0/tmp/.

That is all you need from 3.55, you can go back to rebug 4.21.

Dumping NOR/NAND
You can do this on rebug 4.21 using the toolbox.
  • Find the option "Export Flash to File", this will dump it to USB001 (right slot).

• First download and extract the c2d_openssl.rar to C:/ and install openSSL, this is required for c2d to work properly. Make sure you rename the folder to "openssl".
  • Now take you eid_root_key and your NOR/NAND dump and place in the folder with c2d.

• Open a CMD window in the current directory (CTRL+SHIFT + right click > Open a command window here)

Usage:

If you are unsure you have done it correctly, you can convert back to your original target ID (mine is 87)

Video

Switching to DEX using rebug 4.21

Rename your original CEX dump to CEX-FLASH.EID0.NORBIN (16mb) or CEX-FLASH.EID0.NANDBIN (239mb or 256mb)
Rename your converted DEX dump to DEX-FLASH.EID0.NORBIN (16mb) or DEX-FLASH.EID0.NANDBIN (239mb or 256mb)
Then place on USB001 (right slot)

Switching back to CEX

To access PSN in DEX mode, there is a feature in Rebug Toolbox to spoof IDPS. Choose EID5 and you will be able to sign in fine.

btw, if anything in this tut doesn't make sense - let me know so i can make it even more noob friendly.

Troubleshooting
Q: Command prompt says cant find openssl.exe in c:\oppenssl\bin even though i checked and openssl.exe is definately there.

Simply go to Rebug Toolbox > Utilities > Change Active PS3ID > EID5 CEX then go Sign in.

Enjoy your debug [img]https://www.**************/images/smilies/sFi_hitman.gif[/img]

Hey. I want to know when i switch from rebug CFW 4.21 to DEX.... Does this mean i'm still on rebug CFW but on DEX. or does it switch to DEX OFW?

I want to know because I've heard that there's a high risk of a ban if you're on DEX ofw.

Also is there anyway to reduce the risk of a ban on DEX?
08-14-2013, 02:04 PM #453
justeve
< ^ > < ^ >
Great tut and many thanks.
Its a breeze using this and so easy to switch back.
REBUG 4.30.2 REX EDITION and was wondering would I be able to update straight to REBUG 4.46.1 D-REX EDITION.
Or would I have to do other stuff.
08-15-2013, 12:55 AM #454
HackMan516
Save Point
can you help me i cant do the cmd part bc it has an error of the nor and nand thing thats what pops up
08-15-2013, 05:03 PM #455
xkoeckiiej
At least I can fight
Nvm , asked to early -.-
Not my day today
Last edited by xkoeckiiej ; 08-15-2013 at 06:52 PM.
08-16-2013, 03:11 PM #456
Originally posted by DEREKTROTTER View Post

NOTE: Guide is almost the same for Rebug 4.30 users, simply dump your NOR/NAND on 4.30 - though this should be obvious anyway :dumb:

Downloads:

Preparation:
Dumping EID root key
First you need to dump your EID Root Key which must be done on 3.55 cfw(downgrade using the 999 pup if needed).
  • Install and run the eEID_RKDumper.pkg, the PS3 will just show a black screen and beep several times. You can now restart the PS3 and retrieve your eid_root_key from /dev_hdd0/tmp/.

That is all you need from 3.55, you can go back to rebug 4.21.

Dumping NOR/NAND
You can do this on rebug 4.21 using the toolbox.
  • Find the option "Export Flash to File", this will dump it to USB001 (right slot).

Usage:

Video

Switching to DEX using rebug 4.21

Then place on USB001 (right slot)

Switching back to CEX

Troubleshooting
Q: Command prompt says cant find openssl.exe in c:\oppenssl\bin even though i checked and openssl.exe is definately there.

Enjoy your debug [img]https://www.**************/images/smilies/sFi_hitman.gif[/img]

i have got to the very last steps where i put my usb back into the ps3 and when i go to re-write the id's in flash i press x to start the process but nothing happens, even the warnings dont come up?
08-17-2013, 02:38 PM #457
joni_djESP
Can’t trickshot me!
OMG finally i do this done!! xDDD
08-18-2013, 04:14 AM #458
Solo.
Solo Da Noobs
Can you do this on any firmware?
08-18-2013, 07:12 AM #459
KaReM-D
Big Daddy
thank you
DEX finally !!!
08-20-2013, 07:21 AM #460
Another great Tutorial DEREKTROTTER... Props to you.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo