11-11-2012, 11:19 PM #1
DEREKTROTTER
You're Goddamn Right
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});
[Tutorial] CEX2DEX using Rebug CFW4.21

You must login or register to view this content.

Downloads:
CEX2DEX: You must login or register to view this content.
EID Root Key Dumper: You must login or register to view this content. | You must login or register to view this content. | You must login or register to view this content.

Preparation:
Dumping EID root key
First you need to dump your EID Root Key which can now be done on most CFW Version.
  • Install and run the EID PKG for your CFW, the PS3 will just show a black screen and beep several times. You can now restart the PS3 and retrieve your eid_root_key from either:
    /dev_hdd0/tmp/eid_root_key or for 4.xx in /dev_hdd0/game/FLTZ00010/USRDIR.

*You can now dump you EID Root Key directly via the Rebug Toolbox ( utilities > dump EID Root key )

Dumping NOR/NAND
You can do this on rebug CFW using the toolbox.
  • Find the option "Export Flash to File", this will dump it to USB000 (right slot).

Converting your CEX dump to DEX
  • First download and extract the c2d_openssl.rar to C:/ and install openSSL, this is required for c2d to work properly. Make sure you rename the folder to "openssl".
  • Now take you eid_root_key and your NOR/NAND dump and place in the folder with c2d.

• Rename your original CEX dump to flashCEX.bin
  • Add .bin extension to eid_root_key.

Should now have a folder like this:

• Open a CMD window in the current directory (CTRL+SHIFT + right click > Open a command window here)

Usage:
    c2d.exe eid_key_file.bin in_flash.bin out_flash.bin [target_id]

So type in CMD or copy/paste the following: c2d.exe eid_root_key.bin flashCEX.bin flashDEX.bin 82

Should give you an output like this:

If you are unsure you have done it correctly, you can convert back to your original target ID (mine is 87)
Then compare this one with your original and they should match.

Switching to DEX using rebug CFW
Take your two dumps (flashCEX.bin + flashDEX.bin) and rename as below:

Rename your original CEX dump to CEX-FLASH.EID0.NORBIN (16mb) or CEX-FLASH.EID0.NANDBIN (239mb or 256mb)
Rename your converted DEX dump to DEX-FLASH.EID0.NORBIN (16mb) or DEX-FLASH.EID0.NANDBIN (239mb or 256mb)
Then place in the directory of your USB storage drive and insert in PS3 on USB000 (right slot)

Load up Rebug Toolbox and first click the option:
A couple of warning boxes pop up, click YES to both.

Now Swap LV2 kernal, reboot and you are in DEX Mode within 10 seconds Smile

Switching back to CEX
Very easy, simply rewrite target ID and it will auto swap lv2 kernal to CEX.

To access PSN in DEX mode, there is a feature in Rebug Toolbox to spoof IDPS. Choose EID5 and you will be able to sign in fine.

btw, if anything in this tut doesn't make sense - let me know so i can make it even more noob friendly.

Troubleshooting
Q: Command prompt says cant find openssl.exe in c: \openssl\bin even though i checked and openssl.exe is definately there.
A: Make sure the openssl folder is at root C:/ and is named exactly "openssl"

Q: Im having a error telling me that wrong format EID 48 bytes.
A: Make sure the filesize of your key is either 48 bytes (NOR) or 256kb (NAND)
Also dont forget you need to add the file extension .bin to the key.

How to get Online 4.21 DEX
Simply go to Rebug Toolbox > Utilities > Change Active PS3ID > EID5 CEX then go Sign in.
Last edited by DEREKTROTTER ; 02-20-2015 at 09:14 PM.

The following 239 users say thank you to DEREKTROTTER for this useful post:

_L0st_my_Gh0st_, ResistTheMoon, -SuperMan, {OM}1337{OM}, ⓙω мσ∂z, Nana, ★RAMPAGE★, Eddie Mac, 1reyalp, A Friend, A1narchy.com, AcnxMods, alexis strider, AlexNGU, Asian, bandphan, BASEBALL4EVER12, bhoot-iq, TheDeadLift, BKG98, BkxRich, BoatyMcBoatFace, Britis-, BroIDontMod, byVexHD, canadiancaper, CantStopMark, celahudini, Cesei, CEXREXDEX, Chnorzy, CITYCOMET, cl_21, clossky, codmadz332, Creepz, cuartaesfera, Dan Dactyl, Dan94, DannyBoiSmith, Daweeyz, Demmonnixx, dolby1, Dr. Mayham, Durnethe3, emcrew2, EquakeCSharp, FarSideX, Father Luckeyy, FLIX_Hosting, flynhigh09, FOX-727, Frank Ryan, FwiskyFIFA, gaming_nation, popcornmods, GangDePlot, gatecrasher, geeklogik, Geo, Ali D Killer, Ghozt007, Gommy, GuMMyOreOs, Harry, Hate, HaTeRM4NR33T, Heaney, JLM, hibye3, HighModzz, Hori_By_Nature, I-HATE-NGU, ibombo, Callumeleyy, iDunkPingazBrah, iifire, ilasthope, iLLy-i, Im Po, ImAzazel, ImGsus, ImIrIsH, ImPiffHD, iRoyal // MoDz, Island Time, It's Kevin, JakeP0500, JamesSwagger, Jasdeep, Jimmy, JohanMoya, joni_djESP, JPClyde, juham, kazeFATALITY, Kearns- and 139 other users.
11-12-2012, 12:30 AM #2
UGz-
Maggbot timeout!
Originally posted by DEREKTROTTER View Post

Downloads:

Preparation:
Dumping EID root key
First you need to dump your EID Root Key which must be done on 3.55 cfw(downgrade using the 999 pup if needed).
  • Install and run the eEID_RKDumper.pkg, the PS3 will just show a black screen and beep several times. You can now restart the PS3 and retrieve your eid_root_key from /dev_hdd0/tmp/.

That is all you need from 3.55, you can go back to rebug 4.21.

Dumping NOR/NAND
You can do this on rebug 4.21 using the toolbox.
  • Find the option "Export Flash to File", this will dump it to USB001 (right slot).

• First download and extract the c2d_openssl.rar to C:/ and install openSSL, this is required for c2d to work properly.
  • Now take you eid_root_key and your NOR/NAND dump and place in the folder with c2d.

• Open a CMD window in the current directory (CTRL+SHIFT + right click > Open a command window here)

Usage:

If you are unsure you have done it correctly, you can convert back to your original target ID (mine is 87)

Switching to DEX using rebug 4.21

Rename your original CEX dump to CEX-FLASH.EID0.NORBIN (16mb) or CEX-FLASH.EID0.NANDBIN (239mb or 256mb)
Rename your converted DEX dump to DEX-FLASH.EID0.NORBIN (16mb) or DEX-FLASH.EID0.NANDBIN (239mb or 256mb)
Then place on USB001 (right slot)

To access PSN in DEX mode, there is a feature in Rebug Toolbox to spoof IDPS. Choose EID5 and you will be able to sign in fine.

btw, if anything in this tut doesn't make sense - let me know so i can make it even more noob friendly.

Enjoy your debug You must login or register to view this content.

This will help out a lot buddy thanks for helping us Derek Smile We all love you x =)

The following user thanked UGz- for this useful post:

MessinBound
11-12-2012, 01:33 AM #3
Tustin
Balls of Steel
Did this about a week ago but this is the best tutorial out there if you want to do it!

The following 2 users say thank you to Tustin for this useful post:

Loxy, richard5555
11-12-2012, 02:06 AM #4
N1qqA
Banned
well does it have buud
11-12-2012, 07:13 PM #5
i need help.. i was on 4.21 rebug then downgraded to 3.55 using 999 downgrader thing now when i try to update to 4.21 using xmb i get an erorr code:8002f169 and then i try recoverymode it says no file found plz help

EDIT: problem solved.. Now im stuck on the cmd part.. im on windows xp i click start>run>cmd>c2d.exe eid_key_file.bin in_flash.bin out_flash.bin [target_id]

i paste that into the box nothing works.. it says access denied?

Can you help me plz
Last edited by shelim786 ; 11-12-2012 at 10:01 PM.
11-14-2012, 02:42 AM #6
GMO-93
Save Point
Originally posted by shelim786 View Post
i need help.. i was on 4.21 rebug then downgraded to 3.55 using 999 downgrader thing now when i try to update to 4.21 using xmb i get an erorr code:8002f169 and then i try recoverymode it says no file found plz help

EDIT: problem solved.. Now im stuck on the cmd part.. im on windows xp i click start>run>cmd>c2d.exe eid_key_file.bin in_flash.bin out_flash.bin [target_id]

i paste that into the box nothing works.. it says access denied?

Can you help me plz

How did you solve the error code:8002f169? im having the same problem
11-14-2012, 04:38 AM #7
moiz41510
Vault dweller
Originally posted by DEREKTROTTER View Post

Downloads:

Preparation:
Dumping EID root key
First you need to dump your EID Root Key which must be done on 3.55 cfw(downgrade using the 999 pup if needed).
  • Install and run the eEID_RKDumper.pkg, the PS3 will just show a black screen and beep several times. You can now restart the PS3 and retrieve your eid_root_key from /dev_hdd0/tmp/.

That is all you need from 3.55, you can go back to rebug 4.21.

Dumping NOR/NAND
You can do this on rebug 4.21 using the toolbox.
  • Find the option "Export Flash to File", this will dump it to USB001 (right slot).

• First download and extract the c2d_openssl.rar to C:/ and install openSSL, this is required for c2d to work properly.

Usage:

Switching to DEX using rebug 4.21

Then place on USB001 (right slot)

Enjoy your debug You must login or register to view this content.

When I choose I choose EID5, and exit and sign it, it does not work. I get error 8002A224. But when I go back into Rebug Toolbox, the Spoof IDPS is set to No again. Then I changed it to EID5 again but this time I didnt exit and go to XMB. I pressed teh Playstation button on the controller and tried to sign in, but I get the same error. "/

---------- Post added at 08:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:35 PM ----------

Originally posted by 93 View Post
How did you solve the error code:8002f169? im having the same problem

what fw are you currently running?
11-14-2012, 04:14 PM #8
GMO-93
Save Point
Originally posted by moiz41510 View Post
When I choose I choose EID5, and exit and sign it, it does not work. I get error 8002A224. But when I go back into Rebug Toolbox, the Spoof IDPS is set to No again. Then I changed it to EID5 again but this time I didnt exit and go to XMB. I pressed teh Playstation button on the controller and tried to sign in, but I get the same error. "/

---------- Post added at 08:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:35 PM ----------

what fw are you currently running?

i just used the 999 downgrader pup and whenever i try to install anyother 3.55 fw over it , it gives me that code. I tried 3.55 ofw, kmeaw, rebug rex 3.55 and 4.21 all from recovery mode and from xmb
11-14-2012, 04:58 PM #9
riggstq
[move]Haters Gonna Hate[/move]
Originally posted by moiz41510 View Post

you need to choose your region when you change active ps3id when i try japanese or anything like that i get errors it only works when i set to my region i.e uk for me......

EDIT: i just double checked this and i did get an error the first time changing but i changed it again and it worked fine so it must have just spoofed it to an already ban id
Last edited by riggstq ; 11-14-2012 at 05:04 PM.
11-14-2012, 05:16 PM #10
where can i download 4.21 rebug

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo