Page 1 of 77 1 2 3 11 51 Last
THREAD: [Tutorial] CEX2DEX using Rebug CFW4.21
  1. 11-11-2012, 05:19 PM
    #1
    DEREKTROTTER's Avatar
    DEREKTROTTER
    You're Goddamn Right
    9,696
    Posts
    129,902
    Reputation
    Feb 2010
    NextGenUpdate
    [Tutorial] CEX2DEX using Rebug CFW4.21



    Downloads:
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

    Preparation:
    Dumping EID root key
    First you need to dump your EID Root Key which must be done on 3.55 cfw(downgrade using the 999 pup if needed).
    • Install and run the eEID_RKDumper.pkg, the PS3 will just show a black screen and beep several times. You can now restart the PS3 and retrieve your eid_root_key from /dev_hdd0/tmp/.


    That is all you need from 3.55, you can go back to Rebug CFW.

    Dumping NOR/NAND
    You can do this on rebug CFW using the toolbox.
    • Find the option "Export Flash to File", this will dump it to USB001 (right slot).





    Converting your CEX dump to DEX
    • First download and extract the c2d_openssl.rar to C:/ and install openSSL, this is required for c2d to work properly. Make sure you rename the folder to "openssl".
    • Now take you eid_root_key and your NOR/NAND dump and place in the folder with c2d.
    • Rename your original CEX dump to flashCEX.bin
    • Add .bin extension to eid_root_key.


    Should now have a folder like this:



    • Open a CMD window in the current directory (CTRL+SHIFT + right click > Open a command window here)


    Usage:
    Code:
    c2d.exe eid_key_file.bin in_flash.bin out_flash.bin [target_id]


    Should give you an output like this:


    If you are unsure you have done it correctly, you can convert back to your original target ID (mine is 87)
    Then compare this one with your original and they should match.


    Switching to DEX using rebug CFW
    Take your two dumps (flashCEX.bin + flashDEX.bin) and rename as below:

    Rename your original CEX dump to CEX-FLASH.EID0.NORBIN (16mb) or CEX-FLASH.EID0.NANDBIN (239mb or 256mb)
    Rename your converted DEX dump to DEX-FLASH.EID0.NORBIN (16mb) or DEX-FLASH.EID0.NANDBIN (239mb or 256mb)
    Then place on USB001 (right slot)

    Load up Rebug Toolbox and first click the option:

    A couple of warning boxes pop up, click YES to both.

    Now Swap LV2 kernal, reboot and you are in DEX Mode within 10 seconds


    Switching back to CEX
    Very easy, simply rewrite target ID and it will auto swap lv2 kernal to CEX.

    To access PSN in DEX mode, there is a feature in Rebug Toolbox to spoof IDPS. Choose EID5 and you will be able to sign in fine.

    btw, if anything in this tut doesn't make sense - let me know so i can make it even more noob friendly.

    Troubleshooting
    Spoiler:

    Q: Command prompt says cant find openssl.exe in coppenssl\bin even though i checked and openssl.exe is definately there.
    A: Make sure the openssl folder is at root C:/ and is named exactly "openssl"

    Q: Im having a error telling me that wrong format EID 48 bytes.
    A: Make sure the filesize of your key is either 48 bytes (NOR) or 256kb (NAND)
    Also dont forget you need to add the file extension .bin to the key.


    How to get Online 4.21 DEX
    Simply go to Rebug Toolbox > Utilities > Change Active PS3ID > EID5 CEX then go Sign in.
    Last edited by DEREKTROTTER; 02-20-2015 at 03:14 PM.

  2. The Following 233 Users Say Thank You to DEREKTROTTER For This Useful Post:

    Eddie Mac, ⓙω мσ∂z, Nana, ★RAMPAGE★, ResistTheMoon, -SuperMan, 1reyalp, A Friend, A1narchy.com, AcnxMods, alexis strider, AlexNGU, Asian, bandphan, BASEBALL4EVER12, bhoot-iq, BIGPOPAPUMP, BKG98, BkxRich, Britis-, BroIDontMod, byVexHD, canadiancaper, CantStopMark, celahudini, Cesei, CEXREXDEX, Chnorzy, CITYCOMET, clossky, cl_21, codmadz332, Creepz, cuartaesfera, D4M4G3, Dan Dactyl, Dan94, DannyBoiSmith, Daweeyz, Demmonnixx, dolby1, Dr. Mayham, Durnethe3, emcrew2, EquakeCSharp, FarSideX, FinalFantasyXIV, FLIX_Hosting, flynhigh09, FOX-727, Frank Ryan, FwiskyFIFA, gaming_nation, GangDePlot, gatecrasher, geeklogik, Geo, ghost 22, Ghozt007, Gommy, GuMMyOreOs, Harry, HaTeRM4NR33T, Heaney, JLM, hibye3, HighModzz, Hori_By_Nature, I-HATE-NGU, ibombo, iBRCKsHD, iDoBz, iifire, iiiM-Oblivious, ilasthope, iLLy-i, Im Po, ImGsus, ImIrIsH, iMoDzBeasT, ImPiffHD, iRoyal // MoDz, Island Time, It's Kevin, ItzKevinBro, JakeP0500, JamesSwagger, Jasdeep, JohanMoya, joni_djESP, JPClyde, juham, kazeFATALITY, Kearns-, KILLSAGAINGoDz, KimJongIl, king3sebi, KranK, Kush Friendly, Kwood, Kyle, Vital, libra7ry, LightModz, ll-TheUpdater-l, LoCo44, lovebros, Loxy, Lukastim80, Luphox, makakilo, ManderModz, Mango_Knife, Marco_Legend, markw117, Matriotic, MatRix_ModdErrZ, Maty360414, MayhemLobbiez, MedioHazard, MICKEY_MODZ, MilkShakeModz, Minecraft-UK, minimitch140, MODZ4FUN420, Nicktasticz, moviedog, Mpeforty, Mr.Alfredo, Mr.Oppossum, MrKiller261, Mui_G, mxze, MythicMouse, nicholasnogo, oldsnake1377, Dakota, Vince, Asshole, PeeVac, Pewp, playstation4cfw, Pow., PrimeCreated, primetime43, professorbil, Pseudo_Soldier, Jimmy, q-k, Real Friends, RealzHax, RedDotDinosaur, Relaz123, Renton, Angry, REX_Codex, rhanier, richard5555, rishul, Roby69--, RoCK__711, Rorke, Roy944, ryanham, Satan, SataQ, Shots., ShutTheCrunchUp, sk8erlewisss, smashedya, SnaY, Son-Of-A-Beach, Static Void, Sticky, styl, Sunnis, SwaggyLV, SyGnUs, Synergy, Synergy213, SyntheticModz, SyntholModding, TEXAS24_ReStEr, The-KozMic-Modz, TheErased, xNoLiimitzZx, ThePaaqoHD, Tipton_Modz, trilispy, Turk_Warrior, tyqx, UNITEDGAMER, Urkel, VenomzHD, Verrbal, vivas700, Wesley_Pipes540, WhyUMadKid, Winter, witchery, xAJM, xAnimeMods, xBHR, xCodeLobbyz, xDooMz, xIDAFG, xKing04zZ, xLuCiDiTyZxHD, xMiLeZz, xMonkeyBoyX, Xx-GIPPI-xX, xxAussiefella69, XxModxX_XxModxX, XxSIMOJNRxX, yairderooi, zAutoAiiM_, zDirrTy__-, Zealand, zGooNzLobbies, Ziad1997, zKillShxt, zMarcusHD, zXClanXz, zxvalleymodz, _L0st_my_Gh0st_, {OM}1337{OM}

  3. Sponsored Links
  4. 11-11-2012, 05:41 PM
    #2
    11,391
    Posts
    120,669
    Reputation
    Aug 2009
    NextGenUpdate
    Not something I would attempt as I have no use for it but awesome tutorial
  5. The Following User Says Thank You to Vince For This Useful Post:


  6. 11-11-2012, 06:30 PM
    #3
    UNITEDGAMER's Avatar
    UNITEDGAMER
    Skilled in ways Girls Love
    408
    Posts
    901
    Reputation
    Jun 2010
    NextGenUpdate
    Originally Posted by DEREKTROTTER [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    [Tutorial] CEX2DEX using Rebug CFW4.21



    Downloads:
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

    Preparation:
    Dumping EID root key
    First you need to dump your EID Root Key which must be done on 3.55 cfw(downgrade using the 999 pup if needed).
    • Install and run the eEID_RKDumper.pkg, the PS3 will just show a black screen and beep several times. You can now restart the PS3 and retrieve your eid_root_key from /dev_hdd0/tmp/.


    That is all you need from 3.55, you can go back to rebug 4.21.

    Dumping NOR/NAND
    You can do this on rebug 4.21 using the toolbox.
    • Find the option "Export Flash to File", this will dump it to USB001 (right slot).





    Converting your CEX dump to DEX
    • First download and extract the c2d_openssl.rar to C:/ and install openSSL, this is required for c2d to work properly.
    • Now take you eid_root_key and your NOR/NAND dump and place in the folder with c2d.
    • Rename your original CEX dump to flashCEX.bin
    • Add .bin extension to eid_root_key.


    Should now have a folder like this:



    • Open a CMD window in the current directory (CTRL+SHIFT + right click > Open a command window here)


    Usage:
    Code:
    c2d.exe eid_key_file.bin in_flash.bin out_flash.bin [target_id]


    Should give you an output like this:


    If you are unsure you have done it correctly, you can convert back to your original target ID (mine is 87)
    Then compare this one with your original and they should match.


    Switching to DEX using rebug 4.21
    Take your two dumps (flashCEX.bin + flashDEX.bin) and rename as below:

    Rename your original CEX dump to CEX-FLASH.EID0.NORBIN (16mb) or CEX-FLASH.EID0.NANDBIN (239mb or 256mb)
    Rename your converted DEX dump to DEX-FLASH.EID0.NORBIN (16mb) or DEX-FLASH.EID0.NANDBIN (239mb or 256mb)
    Then place on USB001 (right slot)

    Load up Rebug Toolbox and first click the option:

    A couple of warning boxes pop up, click YES to both.

    Now Swap LV2 kernal, reboot and you are in DEX Mode within 10 seconds


    To access PSN in DEX mode, there is a feature in Rebug Toolbox to spoof IDPS. Choose EID5 and you will be able to sign in fine.

    btw, if anything in this tut doesn't make sense - let me know so i can make it even more noob friendly.

    Enjoy your debug [img]http://www.**************/images/smilies/sFi_hitman.gif[/img]
    This will help out a lot buddy thanks for helping us Derek We all love you x =)
  7. 11-11-2012, 07:33 PM
    #4
    4,549
    Posts
    201,430
    Reputation
    Jan 2020
    NextGenUpdate
    Did this about a week ago but this is the best tutorial out there if you want to do it!
  8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tustin For This Useful Post:


  9. 11-11-2012, 08:06 PM
    #5
    N1qqA's Avatar
    N1qqA
    Banned
    722
    Posts
    3,139
    Reputation
    Oct 2012
    NextGenUpdate
    well does it have buud
  10. 11-12-2012, 01:13 PM
    #6
    61
    Posts
    80
    Reputation
    Apr 2010
    NextGenUpdate
    i need help.. i was on 4.21 rebug then downgraded to 3.55 using 999 downgrader thing now when i try to update to 4.21 using xmb i get an erorr code:8002f169 and then i try recoverymode it says no file found plz help

    EDIT: problem solved.. Now im stuck on the cmd part.. im on windows xp i click start>run>cmd>c2d.exe eid_key_file.bin in_flash.bin out_flash.bin [target_id]

    i paste that into the box nothing works.. it says access denied?

    Can you help me plz
    Last edited by shelim786; 11-12-2012 at 04:01 PM.

  11. 11-13-2012, 08:42 PM
    #7
    GMO-93's Avatar
    GMO-93
    Save Point
    5
    Posts
    10
    Reputation
    Mar 2011
    NextGenUpdate
    Originally Posted by shelim786 [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    i need help.. i was on 4.21 rebug then downgraded to 3.55 using 999 downgrader thing now when i try to update to 4.21 using xmb i get an erorr code:8002f169 and then i try recoverymode it says no file found plz help

    EDIT: problem solved.. Now im stuck on the cmd part.. im on windows xp i click start>run>cmd>c2d.exe eid_key_file.bin in_flash.bin out_flash.bin [target_id]

    i paste that into the box nothing works.. it says access denied?

    Can you help me plz
    How did you solve the error code:8002f169? im having the same problem
  12. 11-13-2012, 10:38 PM
    #8
    moiz41510's Avatar
    moiz41510
    Vault dweller
    586
    Posts
    2,626
    Reputation
    Mar 2010
    NextGenUpdate
    Originally Posted by DEREKTROTTER [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    [Tutorial] CEX2DEX using Rebug CFW4.21



    Downloads:
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

    Preparation:
    Dumping EID root key
    First you need to dump your EID Root Key which must be done on 3.55 cfw(downgrade using the 999 pup if needed).
    • Install and run the eEID_RKDumper.pkg, the PS3 will just show a black screen and beep several times. You can now restart the PS3 and retrieve your eid_root_key from /dev_hdd0/tmp/.


    That is all you need from 3.55, you can go back to rebug 4.21.

    Dumping NOR/NAND
    You can do this on rebug 4.21 using the toolbox.
    • Find the option "Export Flash to File", this will dump it to USB001 (right slot).





    Converting your CEX dump to DEX
    • First download and extract the c2d_openssl.rar to C:/ and install openSSL, this is required for c2d to work properly.
    • Now take you eid_root_key and your NOR/NAND dump and place in the folder with c2d.
    • Rename your original CEX dump to flashCEX.bin
    • Add .bin extension to eid_root_key.


    Should now have a folder like this:



    • Open a CMD window in the current directory (CTRL+SHIFT + right click > Open a command window here)


    Usage:
    Code:
    c2d.exe eid_key_file.bin in_flash.bin out_flash.bin [target_id]


    Should give you an output like this:


    If you are unsure you have done it correctly, you can convert back to your original target ID (mine is 87)
    Then compare this one with your original and they should match.


    Switching to DEX using rebug 4.21
    Take your two dumps (flashCEX.bin + flashDEX.bin) and rename as below:

    Rename your original CEX dump to CEX-FLASH.EID0.NORBIN (16mb) or CEX-FLASH.EID0.NANDBIN (239mb or 256mb)
    Rename your converted DEX dump to DEX-FLASH.EID0.NORBIN (16mb) or DEX-FLASH.EID0.NANDBIN (239mb or 256mb)
    Then place on USB001 (right slot)

    Load up Rebug Toolbox and first click the option:

    A couple of warning boxes pop up, click YES to both.

    Now Swap LV2 kernal, reboot and you are in DEX Mode within 10 seconds


    To access PSN in DEX mode, there is a feature in Rebug Toolbox to spoof IDPS. Choose EID5 and you will be able to sign in fine.

    btw, if anything in this tut doesn't make sense - let me know so i can make it even more noob friendly.

    Enjoy your debug [img]http://www.**************/images/smilies/sFi_hitman.gif[/img]
    When I choose I choose EID5, and exit and sign it, it does not work. I get error 8002A224. But when I go back into Rebug Toolbox, the Spoof IDPS is set to No again. Then I changed it to EID5 again but this time I didnt exit and go to XMB. I pressed teh Playstation button on the controller and tried to sign in, but I get the same error. "/

    ---------- Post added at 08:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:35 PM ----------

    Originally Posted by GMO-93 View Post
    How did you solve the error code:8002f169? im having the same problem
    what fw are you currently running?
  13. 11-14-2012, 10:14 AM
    #9
    GMO-93's Avatar
    GMO-93
    Save Point
    5
    Posts
    10
    Reputation
    Mar 2011
    NextGenUpdate
    Originally Posted by moiz41510 [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    When I choose I choose EID5, and exit and sign it, it does not work. I get error 8002A224. But when I go back into Rebug Toolbox, the Spoof IDPS is set to No again. Then I changed it to EID5 again but this time I didnt exit and go to XMB. I pressed teh Playstation button on the controller and tried to sign in, but I get the same error. "/

    ---------- Post added at 08:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:35 PM ----------



    what fw are you currently running?
    i just used the 999 downgrader pup and whenever i try to install anyother 3.55 fw over it , it gives me that code. I tried 3.55 ofw, kmeaw, rebug rex 3.55 and 4.21 all from recovery mode and from xmb
  14. 11-14-2012, 10:58 AM
    #10
    riggstq's Avatar
    riggstq
    Haters Gonna Hate
    1,165
    Posts
    11,381
    Reputation
    Aug 2012
    NextGenUpdate
    Originally Posted by moiz41510 [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    When I choose I choose EID5, and exit and sign it, it does not work. I get error 8002A224. But when I go back into Rebug Toolbox, the Spoof IDPS is set to No again. Then I changed it to EID5 again but this time I didnt exit and go to XMB. I pressed teh Playstation button on the controller and tried to sign in, but I get the same error. "/[COLOR="Silver"]

    you need to choose your region when you change active ps3id when i try japanese or anything like that i get errors it only works when i set to my region i.e uk for me......

    EDIT: i just double checked this and i did get an error the first time changing but i changed it again and it worked fine so it must have just spoofed it to an already ban id
    Last edited by x-riggs_tq1; 11-14-2012 at 11:04 AM.

Page 1 of 77 1 2 3 11 51 Last

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •