11-14-2012, 12:33 AM #1
ResistTheMoon
< ^ > < ^ >
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Hello. Recently I had gotten the error 8002A224 on my 4.21.1 PS3 the day Sony started banning people. Well, come to find out. It's also a console ban. I searched and searched and all it came out to be was a console ban. No one had a fix as far as I knew. I searched for hours on end trying to find a way to fix this. Found NOTHING! I did a Restore Default Settings in the Recovery Menu and it works only for the first time you sign in w/ the error code 8002A224. Then after you rebooted your PS3, signed off, etc. It would continuously give the error. So I remembered the old PSIDPatcher app back from 3.55. I FINALLY got it signed for 4.21.1 and to my luck, it worked! The steps will be below along with the download! Hope this works for you guys, if it doesn't, I'll request this thread to be taken down.

1. Restore Default Settings in the Recovery Menu (DO NOT SIGN IN AFTER)
2. Download the PSIDPatcher for 4.21/3.55 You must login or register to view this content. | You must login or register to view this content.
3. Install the pkg and run
4. Press (X) 3-4 times then press (SQUARE) 3-4 times
5. Press Triangle to exit then reboot PS3
6. Open up Rebug Toolbox and go to the far right menu
7. Scroll to very bottom and change to 0x85 (EUR)
8. Exit then reboot PS3
9. Try to sign-in to PSN

NOTE: AS FAR AS I KNOW, THIS METHOD FIXES ERROR 8002A224. I HAVE NOT TESTED THIS ON ANY OTHER ERRORS, THAT IS WHY IT SAYS "Possible Unban Method."

Proof mine worked:

POST YOUR RESULTS BELOW!
Last edited by ResistTheMoon ; 11-17-2012 at 06:13 PM. Reason: Added proof of error 8002A224 fix

The following 12 users say thank you to ResistTheMoon for this useful post:

BashirAli, Diesection, GladiadorM, HelpmeplzPLZ, II Dave II, IIFusiionsII, ILLESTK1LL3R, jack4au, Machiavelli_23, manuel1, User23434, moekroeman
11-20-2012, 02:19 AM #92
sorg
Gobble
8002a224 is not a ban.
This error indicates that some of services have mismatch idps (not PSID).
This happens mostly on REX/DEX FW. To fix this error, just go to Rebug Tools and spoof idps to your original ID. For example, if your PS3 is US version, then change it to 0x84. Any other value will bring you 8002a224 while sign in PSN.
So, make sure you change your psid spoof to your original one (not 0x82 which is DEX).
You have to do this every time you start PS3.

Just my guess: if you will reset your PS3 to factory default mode, then current IDPS will become default and you won't need to change it with every boot. But... If your IDPS is 0x82 (DEX) then most likely you won't be able to sign to PSN anymore. (As a solution - convert your console back to CEX, then make factory reset, and then convert to DEX again and change IDPS with every boot).
11-20-2012, 04:13 AM #93
mw3modderman
Gym leader
If this does work for the common person at all, it most likely wont work on 4.21 CFW because based on what i know it resets upon reboot,i think this requires 3.55.3 rebug. Still dont know why it worked for you, rare scenarios do occur though.

The following user thanked mw3modderman for this useful post:

MassiveModBROWN
11-20-2012, 05:25 PM #94
Originally posted by hibye3 View Post
Facepalm There is already one in rebug mode all you gotta do is go into rebug toolbox the go to ps3 mode and switch it to rebug

okay thanks
11-20-2012, 06:28 PM #95
I just recently got a jailbroken ps3 i dont know how to run modern warfare 2 or black ops 2 on it , but it runs all rockstar games for some reason. Please help
11-21-2012, 03:03 AM #96
jack4au
Splicer
Originally posted by Lv2diag View Post
Hello. Recently I had gotten the error 8002A224 on my 4.21.1 PS3 the day Sony started banning people. Well, come to find out. It's also a console ban. I searched and searched and all it came out to be was a console ban. No one had a fix as far as I knew. I searched for hours on end trying to find a way to fix this. Found NOTHING! I did a Restore Default Settings in the Recovery Menu and it works only for the first time you sign in w/ the error code 8002A224. Then after you rebooted your PS3, signed off, etc. It would continuously give the error. So I remembered the old PSIDPatcher app back from 3.55. I FINALLY got it signed for 4.21.1 and to my luck, it worked! The steps will be below along with the download! Hope this works for you guys, if it doesn't, I'll request this thread to be taken down.

2. Download the PSIDPatcher for 4.21/3.55 You must login or register to view this content. | You must login or register to view this content.
8. Exit then reboot PS3
9. Try to sign-in to PSN

NOTE: AS FAR AS I KNOW, THIS METHOD FIXES ERROR 8002A224. I HAVE NOT TESTED THIS ON ANY OTHER ERRORS, THAT IS WHY IT SAYS "Possible Unban Method."

Proof mine worked:

POST YOUR RESULTS BELOW!

Lllllloooovvvveee you Smile
11-21-2012, 07:53 AM #97
Originally posted by hibye3 View Post
Facepalm There is already one in rebug mode all you gotta do is go into rebug toolbox the go to ps3 mode and switch it to rebug

It didnt work. Saying cant use psn using this account
Last edited by Slice ; 11-21-2012 at 10:49 AM.
11-21-2012, 11:13 AM #98
HackersForHire
Climbing up the ladder
Originally posted by Lv2diag View Post
Hello. Recently I had gotten the error 8002A224 on my 4.21.1 PS3 the day Sony started banning people. Well, come to find out. It's also a console ban. I searched and searched and all it came out to be was a console ban. No one had a fix as far as I knew. I searched for hours on end trying to find a way to fix this. Found NOTHING! I did a Restore Default Settings in the Recovery Menu and it works only for the first time you sign in w/ the error code 8002A224. Then after you rebooted your PS3, signed off, etc. It would continuously give the error. So I remembered the old PSIDPatcher app back from 3.55. I FINALLY got it signed for 4.21.1 and to my luck, it worked! The steps will be below along with the download! Hope this works for you guys, if it doesn't, I'll request this thread to be taken down.

8. Exit then reboot PS3
9. Try to sign-in to PSN

Proof mine worked:

POST YOUR RESULTS BELOW!

This removed my error but replaced it with "This account cannot be used" (something similiar to that) I tried several account that I know arnt PSN banned and none of them worked
11-21-2012, 02:36 PM #99
hibye3
Hurah!
Originally posted by SliceLobbiez View Post
It didnt work. Saying cant use psn using this account

Because this fix doesn't work in general all your question asked is how to spoof to 4.31 and I told you.
11-21-2012, 03:52 PM #100
jack4au
Splicer
Originally posted by HepticOnline View Post
This removed my error but replaced it with "This account cannot be used" (something similiar to that) I tried several account that I know arnt PSN banned and none of them worked

It won't. I thanked and liked because this WILL work when someone edits the source with the right lines, now the reason it worked for him and two others after reset settings is because they were never really banned, just erroring up, happened to me before. This home brew works on 4.21 rebug YES BUT it edits the wrong line and after its done it just resets id original because its a active ram area I'm guessing, you can tell this by running it changing ids exiting and reopening they will be as original or slightly different, or after reboot it goes back, either way we just need to get the right lines because its definitely not stored in psid txt or console Id text anymore because you can't import unbanned ids that's how I caught on to all this, anyway bottom line explanation over and if it did unban those people then there purely in luck and they should be very happy , but a fantastic post none the less just give it some time

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo