11-14-2012, 12:33 AM #1
ResistTheMoon
< ^ > < ^ >
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Hello. Recently I had gotten the error 8002A224 on my 4.21.1 PS3 the day Sony started banning people. Well, come to find out. It's also a console ban. I searched and searched and all it came out to be was a console ban. No one had a fix as far as I knew. I searched for hours on end trying to find a way to fix this. Found NOTHING! I did a Restore Default Settings in the Recovery Menu and it works only for the first time you sign in w/ the error code 8002A224. Then after you rebooted your PS3, signed off, etc. It would continuously give the error. So I remembered the old PSIDPatcher app back from 3.55. I FINALLY got it signed for 4.21.1 and to my luck, it worked! The steps will be below along with the download! Hope this works for you guys, if it doesn't, I'll request this thread to be taken down.

1. Restore Default Settings in the Recovery Menu (DO NOT SIGN IN AFTER)
2. Download the PSIDPatcher for 4.21/3.55 You must login or register to view this content. | You must login or register to view this content.
3. Install the pkg and run
4. Press (X) 3-4 times then press (SQUARE) 3-4 times
5. Press Triangle to exit then reboot PS3
6. Open up Rebug Toolbox and go to the far right menu
7. Scroll to very bottom and change to 0x85 (EUR)
8. Exit then reboot PS3
9. Try to sign-in to PSN

NOTE: AS FAR AS I KNOW, THIS METHOD FIXES ERROR 8002A224. I HAVE NOT TESTED THIS ON ANY OTHER ERRORS, THAT IS WHY IT SAYS "Possible Unban Method."

Proof mine worked:

POST YOUR RESULTS BELOW!
Last edited by ResistTheMoon ; 11-17-2012 at 06:13 PM. Reason: Added proof of error 8002A224 fix

The following 12 users say thank you to ResistTheMoon for this useful post:

BashirAli, Diesection, GladiadorM, HelpmeplzPLZ, II Dave II, IIFusiionsII, ILLESTK1LL3R, jack4au, Machiavelli_23, manuel1, User23434, moekroeman
11-14-2012, 12:36 AM #2
Kryptors
Little One
redacted
Last edited by Kryptors ; 07-26-2020 at 05:12 PM.
11-14-2012, 12:39 AM #3
Mr. Star
< ^ > < ^ >
Originally posted by Lv2diag View Post

9. Try to sign-in to PSN

Were you able to sign in?
11-14-2012, 12:40 AM #4
ResistTheMoon
< ^ > < ^ >
Originally posted by Mr.
Were you able to sign in?

Yes, did this last night and have been able to sign in ever since. Been hosting on MW3 the past 2 hours now.
11-14-2012, 12:50 AM #5
hibye3
Hurah!
Testing right now!

---------- Post added at 07:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:45 PM ----------

Originally posted by RaPiD View Post
The only reason this works is because it gets rid of your old console id and psid and changes it to a random one....you still need a legitimate console id to sign in....

Can't even use it pressing square and x does nothing.
11-14-2012, 12:51 AM #6
ResistTheMoon
< ^ > < ^ >
Originally posted by hibye3 View Post
Testing right now!

---------- Post added at 07:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:45 PM ----------

Can't even use it pressing square and x does nothing.

It does, it just doesn't show it. The only thing it will show changing is your Console ID at the bottom.
11-14-2012, 01:00 AM #7
xReloadedModz
Bounty hunter
I will test now, Will update if worked
11-14-2012, 01:01 AM #8
hibye3
Hurah!
Hello. Recently I had gotten the error 8002A224 on my 4.21.1 PS3 the day Sony started banning people. Well, come to find out. It's also a console ban. I searched and searched and all it came out to be was a console ban. No one had a fix as far as I knew. I searched for hours on end trying to find a way to fix this. Found NOTHING! I did a Restore Default Settings in the Recovery Menu and it works only for the first time you sign in w/ the error code 8002A224. Then after you rebooted your PS3, signed off, etc. It would continuously give the error. So I remembered the old PSIDPatcher app back from 3.55. I FINALLY got it signed for 4.21.1 and to my luck, it worked! The steps will be below along with the download! Hope this works for you guys, if it doesn't, I'll request this thread to be taken down.

1. Restore Default Settings in the Recovery Menu (DO NOT SIGN IN AFTER)
2. Download the PSIDPatcher for 4.21.1 You must login or register to view this content. (3.55 VERSION NOT TESTED)
3. Install the pkg and run
4. Press (X) 3-4 times then press (O) 3-4 times
5. Press Triangle to exit then reboot PS3
6. Open up Rebug Toolbox and go to the far right menu
7. Scroll to very bottom and change to 0x85 (EUR)
8. Exit then reboot PS3
9. Try to sign-in to PSN

NOTE: AS FAR AS I KNOW, THIS METHOD FIXES ERROR 8002A224. I HAVE NOT TESTED THIS ON ANY OTHER ERRORS, THAT IS WHY IT SAYS "Possible Unban Method."

POST YOUR RESULTS BELOW!

Lol now I'm getting that error! Nope it no work! Oh well at least you tried!
11-14-2012, 01:03 AM #9
ResistTheMoon
< ^ > < ^ >
Originally posted by hibye3 View Post
Lol now I'm getting that error! Nope it no work! Oh well at least you tried!

Thats when you have to keep changing your IDs till it stops :p trust me, this has happened to people around a month or two ago. it gives that error because you're using someone else's ID :lol:

The following 3 users say thank you to ResistTheMoon for this useful post:

IIFusiionsII, LockedName, ohhImpreza
11-14-2012, 01:19 AM #10
hibye3
Hurah!
Thats when you have to keep changing your IDs till it stops :p trust me, this has happened to people around a month or two ago. it gives that error because you're using someone else's ID :lol:

Oh lol and every time you restart your ps3 you have to do it all over again?

The following 2 users say thank you to hibye3 for this useful post:

SALEM-x, simon28194

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo