Thread: Real Time Game Memory Modding

D3cH Zombie Cakes Maker

Join Date Jul 2009

Posts 338

Membership Donator

01-02-2013 05:16 PM #1 Real Time Game Memory Modding

Hello everyone!

First off I want to say special thanks to aerosoul94, we discovered this few months ago, we did alot of mods, and now this is the time for release!

Ok, so now I'll explain how to edit memory of PS3 games in real time.

Tools needed :
    • A PS3 with a DEX firmware
    • ProDG Target Manager and ProDG Debugger (they got leaked just google it)
    • make_fself.exe
    • The ELF file of the game you want to mod

/!\ - Your PS3 must be wired, it will not work if you're using WiFi - /!\

Ok first, start ProDG Target Manager and go on "Search For Targets" then press the refresh button to start scanning, if all is ok your PS3 should be detected, just right click on it and move it to "Debugging Station" group then double click on it, it will add your PS3 into your targets list.

Now in your targets list, right click on your PS3 then choose "Connect", once your PS3 is connected you can start ProDG Debugger (if it's asking you to select a target then just select your PS3).
    You will see a window called "Memory", that's in this window that you will edit the memory of the game you want.

Ok now you need to make a fself (with make_fself.exe) of the ELF you want to edit memory, just go into cmd then put make_fself x.elf EBOOT.BIN where x is your ELF (it will create the EBOOT), once you have your file just put it in your PS3 in the right game folder.

In ProDG Debugger you should see a process appear in the "Processes" window, right click on it then choose "Attach Process" then "Continue without symbols" now your process is attached and you can view memory, but when you attach it, ProDG pauses the process, you have to continue it, just go in ProDG Target Manager, expand the list of your PS3, go to "Kernel Explorer", highlight the process then press the "Continue" icon (you can also continue it with ProDG Debugger).

Now you're done and you can edit memory of your game, by the way there are other options in ProDG Debugger, you can add breakpoints, show disassembly, etc. Also don't forget to refresh memory or just enable "Auto Update" option.

Here is a screen of how it looks like :

Example of real time modding :

Enjoy your memory editing !!
    Last edited by D3cH; 01-04-2013 at 12:02 PM.

2. The Following 275 Users Say Thank You to D3cH For This Useful Post:

Eddie Mac, RAB, 丂ony乃lack, ℳaTiCz, ⓙω мσ∂z, ϟ c0rruption ϟ, *SCHAOS*, -Elmas15-, -Google-, -JM-, -Nathan-, -SuperMan, .Day., .Vanz, 192.168.1.1, 631, abdullahjwz070, aerosoul94, alchybear, AllaoOo, AMNE, AssClapper-130, awsomedude1097, Bad Luck Brian, BadChoicesZ, BASEBALL4EVER12, bcb, BigGucciSosa300, blackhawk34, Blackstorm, Brag, BrinkerzHD, BroIDontMod, Bubbles Are Fun, Bucko, cali123, Capo837, Carl Sagan, CentralModz819, deneo24, Choco, Choopie, ChromeIsBeast, clankfan1, CLM, CoDyMoDz1000XD, ContagiousModz, CrEaTiiOn_BuRn, Creepz, Crunk, Daddy, DʀᴀMᴀTɪK_DʀᴇᴀM, d0lby1, Dan Dactyl, Dannie Fresh, DazedMods, DEREKTROTTER, Derpy Hooves, DETERMiiNED, ErasedDev, DJ_KILLA1337, drdshh, DylanOc1, dynamite298, Jared, emcrew2, ExceptionHell, F l e x, FAKA_ELITE, Flamable, FM|T xR3PMz, forflah123, SubwayMonkey, FTDreload, FuntCase, GaMeRGiRL_2310, GE90, Ghost Rolly, gianluca33, Glitchy_Modz, GodDrinksPepsi, Gommy, uome68, GreenTea101, Gus Fring, Hack Pack, Harry, HaXingInc, hibye3, hkownz, HonuCinema, HosterModz_, HSK Rainbow, i6oz, ibombo, ICS Vortex, iGreaT xX, II Dave II, IIFusiionsII, iLLy-i, im rich whore, iMCSx, ImIrIsH, iMrDannyModz, InfinityISB4CK, Insult., iOdysseus, iPROFamily, IRiSe_GodFather, itnio, IvanTheTerrible, J-Rex, j8_, jack4au, JakeP0500, JeHc, JLM, jogeboy, Jon23223_HD, joni_djESP, jtdude, jwm614, K5‎‎, kameron101, Karoolus, KCxFTW, KevinWinterX, king21, KM-_1337, Kush Friendly, lanander23, LBJ6 is Clutch, Liam-, LK87-, Loxy, Dan, Lukastim80, Mad Scientist, Mango_Knife, Masta-blasta117, Maty360414, maxman290, milky4444, MiNDTH3G4P, ModdersOnly-, ModsCasual, MODZ4FUN420, modz987, TheMightyMoJo, Moneybag, Nicktasticz, moviedog, Mr Grumpy, Mr.Alfredo, Murt, MVP-_-MODZ, MW2TopTenWORLD, MxModz1, Mz-Bomb3rZz-, Nana, Ninja, O-H, ogbrandon, Dakota., Jango, Peter_Griffin, Pewp, Phrenzy, Pichu, playstation4cfw, PounDJo0DoGz0r, PR123R, primetime43, Pseudo_Soldier, Pulsar877, Cmd-X, RainMaker., RaspberryIce, Real Friends, RealTimeEditz, Reaper, RETRO-STATE, rincoglionito, rishul, Roy944, Rxbby, SALEM-x, say-say123, SC58, skillz369, Slice, slim355, SlowGrind, Smexeh, smoochy1993, Snake Eyes, SneakerStreet, SNMT| Havoc, Oklahomo, Source Code, Joel, STG_MUFFINES, Storm, StreetkillnHD, Sunnis, Super Gamer, swaggtheroy, SWAT CLAN, Swifter, Synergyy, Taylor, teh1337, TEXAS24_ReStEr, th3gersi, TheFallen, TheHolyMart, TheJaRniBoi, ThePaaqoHD, ThereThatGuy, The_Urban_Ninja, TONEY777, Treyz, U WOT M8, Uk_ViiPeR, UncleRichardJr, Vectriixx, VercettiCool, ViCiOuS-V, Vipex, VNMxGaming, VX_AG3NT, warman_94, riggstq, xAceHDx, xAJM, xePixTvx, xInfuzeModz, xkoeckiiej, xLuCiDiTyZxHD, Xplaya, xRafiq-, xReloadedModz, xRemixxHD, xRequiKz, xSoulEdge, Xx-GIPPI-xX, XxSIMOJNRxX, XXSYNISTERXX, X_SYN_X, Yeezus Christ, Yolo Brahs !, yomen9, Zack., Zahoor_786, ZeiiKeN, zGooNzLobbies, Ziad1997, zMarcusHD, ZoneHD, ZoZo0o, iTruceFret, ^TPP^, {H} | Exception, {TehFluux}, ~SpongeBob

iMCSx French Modding Team

Join Date Oct 2010

Posts 436

Membership Former Staff

01-02-2013 05:19 PM #2

i have just found this there are 3 hours with some help from BuC to load my self in my PS3.

It's your choice if you want release....

Nice thread :/

-----------------------------------------------
    > [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] <
    > [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] <
    -----------------------------------------------
    Spoiler:

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to iMCSx For This Useful Post:

Taylor #Taylor4Red

Join Date Oct 2011

Posts 3,283

Membership Content Managers

01-02-2013 05:23 PM #3

Quote Originally Posted by D3cH View Post
    Hello everyone!

First off I want to say special thanks to aerosoul94, we discovered this few months ago, we did alot of mods, and now this is the time for release!

Ok, so now I'll explain how to edit memory of PS3 games in real time.

Tools needed :
    • A PS3 with a DEX firmware
    • ProDG Target Manager and ProDG Debugger (they got leaked just google it)
    • make_fself.exe
    • The ELF file of the game you want to mod

/!\ - Your PS3 must be wired, it will not work if you're using WiFi - /!\

Ok first, start ProDG Target Manager and go on "Search For Targets" then press the refresh button to start scanning, if all is ok your PS3 should be detected, just right click on it and move it to "Debugging Station" group then double click on it, it will add your PS3 into your targets list.

Now in your targets list, right click on your PS3 then choose "Connect", once your PS3 is connected you can start ProDG Debugger (if it's asking you to select a target then just select your PS3).
    You will see a window called "Memory", that's in this window that you will edit the memory of the game you want.

Ok now you need to make a fself (with make_fself.exe) of the ELF you want to edit memory, just go into cmd then put make_fself x.elf EBOOT.BIN where x is your ELF (it will create the EBOOT), once you have your file just put it in your PS3 in the right game folder.

In ProDG Debugger you should see a process appear in the "Processes" window, right click on it then choose "Attach Process" now your process is attached and you can view memory, but when you attach it, ProDG pauses the process, you have to continue it, just go in ProDG Target Manager, expand the list of your PS3, go to "Kernel Explorer", highlight the process then press the "Continue" icon (you can also continue it with ProDG Debugger).

Now you're done and you can edit memory of your game, by the way there are other options in ProDG Debugger, you can add breakpoints, show disassembly, etc. Also don't forget to refresh memory or just enable "Auto Update" option.

Here is a screen of how it looks like :

Example of real time modding :

Enjoy your memory editing !!
    Nice work D3

Questions or concerns? Shoot me a PM [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] | Find Forum Rules [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Taylor Is love.... Taylor is life..... Remember, it's never ogre.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Taylor For This Useful Post:

GodDrinksPepsi League Champion

Join Date Jul 2011

Posts 1,776

Membership Donator

01-02-2013 05:28 PM #4

Hot Diggidy Dog
    Last edited by GodDrinksPepsi; 01-02-2013 at 05:37 PM. Reason: Asked a dumb quesion Lulz

8. The Following User Says Thank You to GodDrinksPepsi For This Useful Post:

khaotic_civic NextGenUpdate Elite

Join Date Jun 2010

Posts 635

Membership Elite

NextGenUpdate Elite Member

01-02-2013 05:33 PM #5

this is hot bro nice job
    !96 Honda Del Sol!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to khaotic_civic For This Useful Post:

Tustin The Master of Puppets

Join Date Jan 2020

Posts 3,757

Membership Gaming Squad Leader

01-02-2013 05:46 PM #6

I've been using ProDG for months and I had no idea you could do this. I always thought this program would maybe help with real time editing.
    Need urgent help? Email me - [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

12. ModsCasual NextGenUpdate Elite

Join Date Dec 2012

Posts 16

Membership Elite

01-02-2013 07:01 PM #7

Does anybody realize how great of a release this is? This opens up a ton of doors for modders. GREAT RELEASE BRO!

13. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ModsCasual For This Useful Post:

14. xReloadedModz NextGenUpdate Elite

Join Date Jun 2012

Posts 184

Membership Elite

01-02-2013 07:19 PM #8

Is it possible to do things like what iMCSx did on MW3?

15. 0x00 Pokemon Trainer

Join Date Nov 2012

Posts 88

Membership Standard

01-02-2013 07:24 PM #9

DEX Stations are also able to go online, real time modding online anyone?

~0x00

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 0x00 For This Useful Post:

alchybear < ^ > < ^ >

Join Date Nov 2008

Posts 1,174

Membership Standard

01-02-2013 07:27 PM #10

you just gave ppl more of a reason to have a dex console around.
    I REPAIR & hack ps3 since 2010 with e3 flasher !!, shipping only in usa.