Thread: Cech 2001b problems with E3 flasher

sithxnew NextGenUpdate Elite

Join Date May 2010

Posts 840

Membership Elite

NextGenUpdate Elite Member

01-06-2013 01:47 PM #1 Cech 2001b problems with E3 flasher

I'm considering buying the E3 flasher, but I've been googling around and came across this:

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

I have a CHEC-2001B, and really want to downgrade my PS3. I miss having a 3.55 soooo bad. I also don't want to buy another PS3 that has 3.55, because what if I screw up and update, or some other problems? Either way, I want to downgrade myself.

Is this problem typical, or is it just an isolated incident and I will be ok?

Also, do you NEED to reapply thermal paste?
    Last edited by sithxnew; 01-06-2013 at 02:29 PM.

Sub to me on Youtube

Join Date May 2010

Posts 840

Membership Elite

01-06-2013 06:07 PM #2

anybody help please?

Sub to me on Youtube

3. Join Date Jan 2013

Posts 52

Membership Standard

01-06-2013 11:51 PM #3

Well you should be ok but the thing is that he probably has a Samsung Chip (the chip where he tried to clip his E3 Flasher) and for some reason, those doesn't fit as good in the clip as others so it's going to be a bit harder to get it working. My PS3 has a Samsung Chip and I successfully downgraded it a while ago after like 10 attempts to place the clip properly. Obviously, because we couldn't play online I updated and today I tried to downgrade (with the same E3 Flasher) but no success after 10+ attemps. I bet my cable is damaged so I will get a new one but yeah you can still take a look before buying if you have a Samsung Chip.

PS: You can downgrade Samsung Chip, it is just hard to clip it properly

4. The Following User Says Thank You to jamesstp20 For This Useful Post:

Join Date May 2010

Posts 840

Membership Elite

01-07-2013 11:37 AM #4

Quote Originally Posted by jamesstp20 View Post
    Well you should be ok but the thing is that he probably has a Samsung Chip (the chip where he tried to clip his E3 Flasher) and for some reason, those doesn't fit as good in the clip as others so it's going to be a bit harder to get it working. My PS3 has a Samsung Chip and I successfully downgraded it a while ago after like 10 attempts to place the clip properly. Obviously, because we couldn't play online I updated and today I tried to downgrade (with the same E3 Flasher) but no success after 10+ attemps. I bet my cable is damaged so I will get a new one but yeah you can still take a look before buying if you have a Samsung Chip.

PS: You can downgrade Samsung Chip, it is just hard to clip it properly
    Ok, so the samsung chip is just a different type of NOR? So I should open my ps3 and check it out first?

Sub to me on Youtube

6. Join Date Jan 2013

Posts 52

Membership Standard

01-07-2013 02:06 PM #5

Quote Originally Posted by sithxnew View Post
    Ok, so the samsung chip is just a different type of NOR? So I should open my ps3 and check it out first?
    It is not a different chip look at the picture :

spansion :

samsung:

But there is a really slight difference that makes the clip not fit as good as it should so yeah if you do have a Samsung, just know that it might be harder to clip the e3 properely and also, there is a resistor close to the Samsung chip so you might have to sand the clip to make it fit

edit: I recommend you to buy it here [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] so you dont have a clone
    Last edited by jamesstp20; 01-07-2013 at 02:09 PM.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to jamesstp20 For This Useful Post:

Join Date May 2010

Posts 840

Membership Elite

01-07-2013 02:27 PM #6

It is not a different chip look at the picture :

spansion :

samsung:

But there is a really slight difference that makes the clip not fit as good as it should so yeah if you do have a Samsung, just know that it might be harder to clip the e3 properely and also, there is a resistor close to the Samsung chip so you might have to sand the clip to make it fit

edit: I recommend you to buy it here [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] so you dont have a clone
    so the resistor is the small square-shaped thing to the bottom left hand side of the chip?

so i'm guessing it will sort of be hard like in this video?:

And can you give me any good advice on getting it to fit on and safe ways of 'sanding' the chip if I need to?

Sub to me on Youtube

9. Join Date Jan 2013

Posts 52

Membership Standard

01-07-2013 04:25 PM #7

No it is the one in the middle written Spansion on it Both are the same size but the clip just doesn't fit properly. Some people manage it by taping it and adding some coins on the clip so when they close back the console, the plate makes a pressure on the coins which are on the clip and it works without sanding or anything That way worked for me once but yesterday I failed even after 10 attempts. Depends on your luck

10. The Following User Says Thank You to jamesstp20 For This Useful Post:

Join Date May 2010

Posts 840

Membership Elite

01-07-2013 05:47 PM #8

No it is the one in the middle written Spansion on it Both are the same size but the clip just doesn't fit properly. Some people manage it by taping it and adding some coins on the clip so when they close back the console, the plate makes a pressure on the coins which are on the clip and it works without sanding or anything That way worked for me once but yesterday I failed even after 10 attempts. Depends on your luck
    I'm confused. I mean is the thing circled in red here the resistor?

Because you would have to sand the lower left hand corner of the chip to make it fit by it, correct?

Sub to me on Youtube

12. Join Date Jan 2013

Posts 52

Membership Standard

01-07-2013 07:34 PM #9

Quote Originally Posted by sithxnew View Post
    I'm confused. I mean is the thing circled in red here the resistor?

Because you would have to sand the lower left hand corner of the chip to make it fit by it, correct?
    Well the huge one you have circled isn't on my PS3. I only have the really small one (which is also included in your circle) and I don't have others small around either. Only one really small resistors but still enough to prevent the clip from cliping :P

Btw I think you should really buy the E3 and give a try If you really wish to do it, you will succeed with some patience and few tries

13. The Following User Says Thank You to jamesstp20 For This Useful Post:

Join Date May 2010

Posts 840

Membership Elite

01-08-2013 03:20 PM #10

Well the huge one you have circled isn't on my PS3. I only have the really small one (which is also included in your circle) and I don't have others small around either. Only one really small resistors but still enough to prevent the clip from cliping :P

Btw I think you should really buy the E3 and give a try If you really wish to do it, you will succeed with some patience and few tries
    Ok, I was going to buy it, but both NA suppliers are out of stock. I emailed E3-tech support and they said to buy it from France's supplier. Should I? Will it be in english?

Sub to me on Youtube