Login | Register

If you're having login issues, please clear your cookies and cache!

Thread: Real Time Modding Over Wi-Fi

sharkbait263 Ofishal Mehmbur

Join Date Apr 2010

Posts 491

Membership Standard

01-29-2013 08:00 AM #1 Real Time Modding Over Wi-Fi

Hey this tutorial is made for people who are unable to directly connect there ps3's to their router or would rather use wifi.

What you will need
    1) An Ethernet cable
    2) a brain

Firstly you want to connect the Ethernet cable to your ps3 then to your computer
    Now once this is done go into network and shareing center then go into change adapter settings (you should see connections etc in here)

Now look for the connection that should be named Wireless networt connection (might have a number at the end if it, your connection should also be active as in show the name SSID of the router under it)
    What you want to do now is right click on the connection and go into properties there should be 2 tabs at the top of the window, we need to click on the shareing tab, once in the shareing tab you should see 2 options that are activated by tick boxes, we need to tick the first box now before going apply under the first option there should be a drop down box you want to click on that and select your local network (it will be named local area connection or something similar) now click apply

Once you have done this head to your ps3 and go into network settings, you want to choose custom settings > wired connection now you don't need to set anything up just leave all the options the same now test the connection and obtaining ip address and Internet connection should be successful if not check that you choose the right shareing settings in your pc)

Now just follow normal real time modding procedures (you may have to configure the ip scanning in prodg target manager (my wireless ip is 192.168.0.x but when using Ethernet to computer method it becomes 192.168.137.x)

This method will work on any windows computer/laptop I can confirm it works on windows 7 and 8
    as for mac I have no idea sorry

Hope this helps people that are trying to real time mod
    Also if you need any help feel free to ask

Skype = xjustinx12x

How To Get Open NAT Type When RTM Over WiFi
    Go Here: Real Time Modding Over Wi-Fi (Open NAT Way)

Troubleshooting

If you fail to obtain IP Adress or Internet Connection then this is what you need to do

Firstly go into your network settings and right click on the Ethernet connection and go into properties then you need to go into the TCP/ICv4 Option (Double click it)

Once you are in there select the use following DNS box then type in your router address (can be found by going into cmd and typing ipconfig) now once this is done save the settings and go test the connection on your ps3 and it should be all good from there if not feel free to contact me on skype (skype name above)

Updated Tutorial: Real Time Modding Over Wi-Fi (Open NAT Way)
    Last edited by sharkbait263; 08-03-2013 at 01:35 AM.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Flappy Bird ♢ i Hate To Flapp ♢

Join Date Sep 2012

Posts 1,043

Membership Elite

NextGenUpdate Elite Member

01-29-2013 08:04 AM #2

Nice!, i will try this XD thanks!!

Bichote Living The Good Life

Join Date Nov 2009

Posts 5,752

Membership Elite Founder

01-29-2013 08:26 AM #3

Thanks for sharing

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] / [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] / [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] / [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Deneo The Dinosaur Youtube.com/DenesCodClips

Join Date Jan 2011

Posts 1,068

Membership Elite

NextGenUpdate Elite Member

01-29-2013 08:32 AM #4

Quote Originally Posted by sharkbait263 View Post
    Hey this tutorial is made for people who are unable to directly connect there ps3's to their router or would rather use wifi.

What you will need
    1) An Ethernet cable
    2) a brain

Firstly you want to connect the Ethernet cable to your ps3 then to your computer
    Now once this is done go into network and shareing center then go into change adapter settings (you should see connections etc in here)

Now look for the connection that should be named Wireless networt connection (might have a number at the end if it, your connection should also be active as in show the name SSID of the router under it)
    What you want to do now is right click on the connection and go into properties there should be 2 tabs at the top of the window, we need to click on the shareing tab, once in the shareing tab you should see 2 options that are activated by tick boxes, we need to tick the first box now before going apply under the first option there should be a drop down box you want to click on that and select your local network (it will be named local area connection or something similar) now click apply

Once you have done this head to your ps3 and go into network settings, you want to choose custom settings > wired connection now you don't need to set anything up just leave all the options the same now test the connection and obtaining ip address and Internet connection should be successful if not check that you choose the right shareing settings in your pc)

Now just follow normal real time modding procedures (you may have to configure the ip scanning in prodg target manager (my wireless ip is 192.168.0.x but when using Ethernet to computer method it becomes 192.168.137.x)

This method will work on any windows 7 computer/laptop it should also work with windows xp and vista as for windows 8 I have no idea

Hope this helps people that are trying to real time mod
    Also if you need any help feel free to ask
    I can confirm this works and have tried it before I screwed my PS3. But now I got a 20 meter Ethernet cable YOLO

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Deneo The Dinosaur For This Useful Post:

6. Sonoro Banned

Join Date May 2012

Posts 1,049

Membership Banned

01-29-2013 08:57 AM #5

Nice to see this posted..

Ps: Bichote is gay.

xCrazyGuyNL Junior Ranger

Join Date Dec 2012

Posts 199

Membership Standard

01-29-2013 09:03 AM #6

Quote Originally Posted by xSonoro View Post

What's wrong with being Gay? :P

8. The Following User Says Thank You to xCrazyGuyNL For This Useful Post:

9. Sonoro Banned

Join Date May 2012

Posts 1,049

Membership Banned

01-29-2013 09:06 AM #7

Quote Originally Posted by xCrazyGuyNL View Post
    What's wrong with being Gay? :P
    Nothing but there's something wrong in being bichote :carling:

xCrazyGuyNL Junior Ranger

Join Date Dec 2012

Posts 199

Membership Standard

01-29-2013 09:15 AM #8

Nothing but there's something wrong in being bichote :carling:
    AAH, now I get it XD

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to xCrazyGuyNL For This Useful Post:

xByNovaa PS3 or XBOX?

Join Date Jan 2013

Posts 833

Membership Standard

01-29-2013 09:20 AM #9

Nice tutorial

Bichote Living The Good Life

Join Date Nov 2009

Posts 5,752

Membership Elite Founder

01-29-2013 10:46 AM #10

Quote Originally Posted by xCrazyGuyNL View Post
    AAH, now I get it XD
    LoL now u get it

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] / [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] / [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] / [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Bichote For This Useful Post: