Fix Data Corrupted Error when using 999 downgrader!
Ok this tutorial is going to fix your Data Corrupted (8002F169) when trying to downgrade using the 999 Rebug Downgrader. I wanted to go back to 3.55 to get my eid root key to change my PS3 from CEX to DEX, but couldn't because when I tried to downgrade using the 999 Downgrader i got Data Corrupted, I tried every solution possible and I finally found it
If this has already been posted then by all means close it.
Downloads Needed :
The Downgrader : [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] (Ignore the 4.25 to 3.55, this can be done on 4.31 if spkg check is removed)
Toggle QA PKG : [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
(Note, If you want to go to for eg KMEAW CFW also have this downloaded)
Remove any discs inside your PS3 when performing the update.
1. Download the Downgrader PUP, and rename the file to “PS3UPDAT.PUP”
2. In your USB flash drive or external HDD, create a new folder and name it “PS3″
3. Inside the “PS3″ folder, create a new folder and this time name it “UPDATE”
4. Copy the Downgrader PUP (which is now named “PS3UPDAT.PUP”) inside the “UPDATE” folder
5. Insert the USB or external HD on to your PS3 and then go to “System Update” and select “Update Via Storage Media”
6. Follow any onscreen instructions that would come up.
7. Once the update is finished, you will now be on a Hybrid CFW 3.55, it will still show you have your old Firmware version from system settings (this is normal)
8. Enable QA Toggle flag:
8a. Download the QA Toggle pkg
8b. Copy the file to the root of your USB or external HD
8c. Insert your USB/External HD to your PS3
8d. On your PS3, go to “Install package Files” and install the QA Toggle PKG
8e. Once installed, run the “Rebug Toggle QA” on your PS3, (The screen will go Black and you will hear 2 or 3 Beeps and when finished it will go back to the PS3′s XMB, and if error comes up, just repeat this step.)
8f. Go to “Network Settings” (do not open it) then all at the same time, press the following key combo : L1 + L2 + L3 (press left stick) + R1 + R2 + dpad_down (its hard you might want to get an extra hand for this)
8g. If the QA Flag was done correctly, you will see Edy Viewer, Debug Settings, and Install Package Files.
9. Now we can install either an Official Firmware 3.55 ( do not install any OFW higher than 3.55!), or 3.55 Kmeaw or Rogero 3.55 or any other CFW you wish. Here we will install KMEAW 3.55
10. Take your desired CFW and rename the file to “PS3UPDAT.PUP”
11. In your USB or External HD, go to PS3 then UPDATE and replace the old “PS3UPDAT.PUP” (downgrader PUP) with the new “PS3UPDAT.PUP” (Rogero 3.55 cfw)
12. Insert the USB or external HD on to your PS3 and then go to “System Update” and select “Update Via Storage Media” (It has been reported that doing this in recovery mode is more successful!)
13. Follow any onscreen instructions that would come up.
14. And your done! You are now on KMEAW 3.55 CFW.
Now you can use your PS3 on 3.55 and do whatever you want, wether it's to go to DEX or grab your eid root key to go to DEX on 4.21
NOTE - I am not responsible for anything that may happen when doing this, do this under your own risk