Post: How To Fix Data Corrupted (8002F169) Using 999 Downgrader
01-31-2013, 08:35 PM #1
BrinkerzHD
Ex PS3 Modder
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});
Fix Data Corrupted Error when using 999 downgrader!

Ok this tutorial is going to fix your Data Corrupted (8002F169) when trying to downgrade using the 999 Rebug Downgrader. I wanted to go back to 3.55 to get my eid root key to change my PS3 from CEX to DEX, but couldn't because when I tried to downgrade using the 999 Downgrader i got Data Corrupted, I tried every solution possible and I finally found it Smile
If this has already been posted then by all means close it.

Downloads Needed :
The Downgrader : You must login or register to view this content. (Ignore the 4.25 to 3.55, this can be done on 4.31 if spkg check is removed)
Toggle QA PKG : You must login or register to view this content.
(Note, If you want to go to for eg KMEAW CFW also have this downloaded)

IMPORTANT!
Remove any discs inside your PS3 when performing the update.

1. Download the Downgrader PUP, and rename the file to “PS3UPDAT.PUP”
2. In your USB flash drive or external HDD, create a new folder and name it “PS3″
3. Inside the “PS3″ folder, create a new folder and this time name it “UPDATE”
4. Copy the Downgrader PUP (which is now named “PS3UPDAT.PUP”Winky Winky inside the “UPDATE” folder
5. Insert the USB or external HD on to your PS3 and then go to “System Update” and select “Update Via Storage Media”
6. Follow any onscreen instructions that would come up.
7. Once the update is finished, you will now be on a Hybrid CFW 3.55, it will still show you have your old Firmware version from system settings (this is normal)
8. Enable QA Toggle flag:

8a. Download the QA Toggle pkg
8b. Copy the file to the root of your USB or external HD
8c. Insert your USB/External HD to your PS3
8d. On your PS3, go to “Install package Files” and install the QA Toggle PKG
8e. Once installed, run the “Rebug Toggle QA” on your PS3, (The screen will go Black and you will hear 2 or 3 Beeps and when finished it will go back to the PS3′s XMB, and if error comes up, just repeat this step.)
8f. Go to “Network Settings” (do not open it) then all at the same time, press the following key combo : L1 + L2 + L3 (press left stick) + R1 + R2 + dpad_down (its hard you might want to get an extra hand for this)
8g. If the QA Flag was done correctly, you will see Edy Viewer, Debug Settings, and Install Package Files.

9. Now we can install either an Official Firmware 3.55 ( do not install any OFW higher than 3.55!), or 3.55 Kmeaw or Rogero 3.55 or any other CFW you wish. Here we will install KMEAW 3.55
10. Take your desired CFW and rename the file to “PS3UPDAT.PUP”
11. In your USB or External HD, go to PS3 then UPDATE and replace the old “PS3UPDAT.PUP” (downgrader PUP) with the new “PS3UPDAT.PUP” (Rogero 3.55 cfw)
12. Insert the USB or external HD on to your PS3 and then go to “System Update” and select “Update Via Storage Media” (It has been reported that doing this in recovery mode is more successful!)
13. Follow any onscreen instructions that would come up.
14. And your done! You are now on KMEAW 3.55 CFW.

Now you can use your PS3 on 3.55 and do whatever you want, wether it's to go to DEX or grab your eid root key to go to DEX on 4.21

NOTE - I am not responsible for anything that may happen when doing this, do this under your own risk

The following 22 users say thank you to BrinkerzHD for this useful post:

^TPP^, -Nathan-, ℳaTiCz, Ace, C-J, chuck54321, crime2010, DGKMoDzHD, Father Luckeyy, foxdevilxX, Hori_By_Nature, It's Kevin, Luxify, Pianist Prodigy, SALEM-x, Skyl1n3, Slice, SUBARUDEMON, SWAT CLAN, THΞSPIKYBROHD, TheDoctor MoDz, vAerox9
01-31-2013, 09:53 PM #2
primetime43
Knowledge is power Tiphat
Originally posted by BrinkerzHD View Post

Ok this tutorial is going to fix your Data Corrupted (8002F169) when trying to downgrade using the 999 Rebug Downgrader. I wanted to go back to 3.55 to get my eid root key to change my PS3 from CEX to DEX, but couldn't because when I tried to downgrade using the 999 Downgrader i got Data Corrupted, I tried every solution possible and I finally found it Smile

Downloads Needed :
The Downgrader : You must login or register to view this content. (Ignore the 4.25 to 3.55, this can be done on 4.31 if spkg check is removed)

IMPORTANT!

2. In your USB flash drive or external HDD, create a new folder and name it “PS3″
4. Copy the Downgrader PUP (which is now named “PS3UPDAT.PUP”) inside the “UPDATE” folder
5. Insert the USB or external HD on to your PS3 and then go to “System Update” and select “Update Via Storage Media”
7. Once the update is finished, you will now be on a Hybrid CFW 3.55, it will still show you have your old Firmware version from system settings (this is normal)

8e. Once installed, run the “Rebug Toggle QA” on your PS3, (The screen will go Black and you will hear 2 or 3 Beeps and when finished it will go back to the PS3′s XMB, and if error comes up, just repeat this step.)
8f. Go to “Network Settings” (do not open it) then all at the same time, press the following key combo : L1 + L2 + L3 (press left stick) + R1 + R2 + dpad_down (its hard you might want to get an extra hand for this)
8g. If the QA Flag was done correctly, you will see Edy Viewer, Debug Settings, and Install Package Files.

9. Now we can install either an Official Firmware 3.55 ( do not install any OFW higher than 3.55!), or 3.55 Kmeaw or Rogero 3.55 or any other CFW you wish. Here we will install KMEAW 3.55
11. In your USB or External HD, go to PS3 then UPDATE and replace the old “PS3UPDAT.PUP” (downgrader PUP) with the new “PS3UPDAT.PUP” (Rogero 3.55 cfw)
12. Insert the USB or external HD on to your PS3 and then go to “System Update” and select “Update Via Storage Media” (It has been reported that doing this in recovery mode is more successful!)

Now you can use your PS3 on 3.55 and do whatever you want, wether it's to go to DEX or grab your eid root key to go to DEX on 4.21

NOTE - I am not responsible for anything that may happen when doing this, do this under your own risk

Ummmm..... looks similar to this one:

- Downgrading back to 3.55 is always possible using the following steps :
- Download the Downgrader PUP ---> Downgrader PUP mirror ---> Downgrader PUP
...Size 176MB (184,595,263 bytes) MD5: 49d80e07fc1f5ca1b0840e02e94635db
- Rename the downloaded file to "PS3UPDAT.PUP" and put it on your USB in: "USB\PS3\UPDATE\PS3UPDAT.PUP"
- While on Rogero CFW4.30, go to System Update from XMB and install the Downgrader PUP.
- After the Downgrader PUP installs you'll be on a hybrid CFW3.55 that will still shows ver4.21/4.30 from system settings.
- Enable QA flag by following these steps:

1- Download the Rebug QA_Toggle package from here ---> toggle_qa.pkg
2- Put the "toggle_qa.pkg" on USB and Install it on the PS3.
3- Run the "Rebug Toggle QA" from XMB, the screen will go Black and you will see HDD Led activity then if all went fine you will hear 2 or 3 Beeps and the PS3 will Restart back to XMB.
4- If you want to make sure QA flag was set, go to "Network Settings" then apply the following key combo (all at the same time):

L1 + L2 + L3 (press left stick) + R1 + R2 + dpad_down

You should see Edy Viewer, Debug Settings, and Install Package Files if done correctly.

- Now put "Rogero CEX-3.55 CFW V3.7" on your USB in: "USB\PS3\UPDATE\PS3UPDAT.PUP" ---> Rogero CEX-3.55 CFW V3.7.PUP
- Start the PS3 into Recovery Menu and install "Rogero CEX-3.55 CFW V3.7" (from Recovery Menu, this is important)
- Once you're back on Rogero CFW3.55 v3.7 Start the PS3 into Recovery Menu and install any CFW 3.55/4.21/4.30.

You must login or register to view this content.
01-31-2013, 09:59 PM #3
BrinkerzHD
Ex PS3 Modder
Originally posted by primetime43 View Post
Ummmm..... looks similar to this one:

- Downgrading back to 3.55 is always possible using the following steps :
- Download the Downgrader PUP ---> Downgrader PUP mirror ---> Downgrader PUP
...Size 176MB (184,595,263 bytes) MD5: 49d80e07fc1f5ca1b0840e02e94635db
- Rename the downloaded file to "PS3UPDAT.PUP" and put it on your USB in: "USB\PS3\UPDATE\PS3UPDAT.PUP"
- While on Rogero CFW4.30, go to System Update from XMB and install the Downgrader PUP.
- After the Downgrader PUP installs you'll be on a hybrid CFW3.55 that will still shows ver4.21/4.30 from system settings.
- Enable QA flag by following these steps:

1- Download the Rebug QA_Toggle package from here ---> toggle_qa.pkg
2- Put the "toggle_qa.pkg" on USB and Install it on the PS3.
3- Run the "Rebug Toggle QA" from XMB, the screen will go Black and you will see HDD Led activity then if all went fine you will hear 2 or 3 Beeps and the PS3 will Restart back to XMB.
4- If you want to make sure QA flag was set, go to "Network Settings" then apply the following key combo (all at the same time):

L1 + L2 + L3 (press left stick) + R1 + R2 + dpad_down

You should see Edy Viewer, Debug Settings, and Install Package Files if done correctly.

- Now put "Rogero CEX-3.55 CFW V3.7" on your USB in: "USB\PS3\UPDATE\PS3UPDAT.PUP" ---> Rogero CEX-3.55 CFW V3.7.PUP
- Start the PS3 into Recovery Menu and install "Rogero CEX-3.55 CFW V3.7" (from Recovery Menu, this is important)
- Once you're back on Rogero CFW3.55 v3.7 Start the PS3 into Recovery Menu and install any CFW 3.55/4.21/4.30.

You must login or register to view this content.

Looks similar, but isn't the same?
And this isn't on NGU soo :P

The following user thanked BrinkerzHD for this useful post:

-Nathan-
01-31-2013, 10:01 PM #4
primetime43
Knowledge is power Tiphat
Looks similar, but isn't the same?
And this isn't on NGU soo :P

Eh true, but isnt really needed. You just got to search google and ta-da!

The following user thanked primetime43 for this useful post:

Swifter

The following user groaned primetime43 for this awful post:

-Nathan-
02-01-2013, 03:08 AM #5
will this work if im on rebug 4.21?

The following user thanked EliteMossyraw for this useful post:

HAYSTACKMOBBIN
02-01-2013, 03:46 AM #6
Josh_ox3
Treasure hunter
Originally posted by EliteMossyraw View Post
will this work if im on rebug 4.21?

Yes it will.
02-01-2013, 11:17 AM #7
^TPP^
Who’s Jim Erased?

Downloads Needed :

IMPORTANT!

4. Copy the Downgrader PUP (which is now named “PS3UPDAT.PUP”) inside the “UPDATE” folder

thnx bro this helped me out alot Smile
02-01-2013, 12:42 PM #8
crime2010
-NextGenUpdate-
if this works i will love u ! =)
dose this also work with rebug firmeware's ???
i mean can i downgrade from 4.21 rex rebug and after that can i update to rex rebug 4.30 ?
Last edited by crime2010 ; 02-01-2013 at 02:30 PM.
02-01-2013, 06:00 PM #9
crime2010
-NextGenUpdate-
finaly im on rebug 4.30 thanks man !
02-01-2013, 06:54 PM #10
SonyBlack
League Champion
only helpfull for REAL noobs..

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo