Thread: [Full Tutorial] Setting up for RTEing. [Step by Step]

Pseudo_Soldier Fear thy Onos

Join Date Mar 2009

Posts 1,155

Membership Elite Founder

02-15-2013 09:17 AM #1 [Full Tutorial] Setting up for RTEing. [Step by Step]

I've seen tons of people not being able to get their process to show up on ProDG Debugger and I couldn't figure it out myself until after a few hours of digging, found multiple sources that helped me get it up and running so I thought I'd post them all together in one terminal thread.

This is VERY noob friendly!

I made this so it could be a terminal for all the possible help anyone would need to RTE. It includes links to threads for DEX conversions to Offsets and everything in between. I will constantly update to add the most up-to-date information on RTEing on PS3. All the tools you will ever need for RTE will be posted here with my own links so they will be easier to manage and find.

1) Making a Debug EBOOT.BIN

Files needed: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] & [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Note: Always use files from the update that is the most recent! Do not use an EBOOT.BIN from the disc or a backup then using it in the game data directory where updates are stored.

1a) To use a .self file (default_mp.self), use TA SELF Resigner (Option 4) to decrypt the .self to a .elf. Then use DE Fixer (Option 7 then option 1) and that will encrypt the EBOOT.elf to give you your Debug EBOOT.BIN.

1b) To use an EBOOT.BIN file, use DE Fixer to decrypt the Eboot (Option 1) the select DEX Utility (Option 7 then option 1) and that will encrypt the EBOOT.elf to give you your Debug EBOOT.BIN.

2) Setting up your PS3 for RTEing

Go to the settings column on the XMB menu and go all the way to the bottom to "Debug Settings" and make sure all the following setting are selected.

Release Check Mode > Development Mode
    Boot Mode > System Software Mode
    Network Settings for Debug > Single Setting

Make sure your PS3 is wired to the router via an ethernet cable or use Sharkbait's tutorial listed below to set it up wirelessly! This is very important or it won't show up in the target manager!

After all that has been checked, put your Debug EBOOT.BIN in the appropriate directory.
    (Example: MW3 US Update v1.23= dev_hdd0 > game > BLUS30838 > USRDIR > EBOOT.BIN)

Now reboot your PS3 and you're all set on that end.

3) Setting up your PC for RTEing

Go to the PC that you will be using for RTEing

ProDG Target Manager
    Check on the Console Output (located under the ip address) to see if it is booted in System Software Mode.
    Note: If you're using a true DEX with the Ip config on the lower right corner of the XMB menu then it should change from "Connected From 0.0.0.0" to "Connected from 'Your PC's Ip address'."

ProDG Debugger
    Launch the game and count to 3 before loading the Debugger just to be careful. You should now see your process showing up now! Now just "Attach Process" by right clicking on the process which will freeze your game until the next step.

ProDG Target Manager
    Go to "Kernel Explorer" click on the process then press the "Continue" icon which looks like a green playstation start button. That's it!

ProDG Debugger
    Select to auto-update in the options above and you're finally done. Have fun RTEing!}

If you have ANY questions, I'd be glad to answer them and I'm sure others will be as well.

***If by any chance you cannot download the files given please alert me as soon as possible and I will update them as quickly and hassle-free as I can. You may be required to use Google Chrome to download as I use MEGA to upload my files for the encryption and privacy it gives! If there is another file/files you want a download link to, just send me a message asking for it and it will be done.

ProDG Download Link
    ProDG Debugging Tools 4.20.1.0 - Link removed due to Warez Infringement, use Google to find it.

Offsets Threads

Converting to DEX

Other threads on RTEing:
    Last edited by Pseudo_Soldier; 01-31-2014 at 02:26 AM. Reason: Revised due to link removal by Mod
    My Rig:
    CPU: Intel i7 4770K Quad Core OC'd @ 4.5GHz
    RAM: Patriot Gamer 2 Series 16GB 1600MHz DDR3
    MB: Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD3H Rev. 1.1 @ BIOS vF7
    GPU: Powercolor AMD R9 290 w/ Unlocked 290x BIOS w/Arctic Accelero Hybrid Extreme Cooler
    PSU: SeaSonic X-Series 850W 80Plus GOLD Fully Modular
    Case: Antec DF-85 Black Steel Full Tower w/ 8 Red LED Fans
    My PS3s:
    PS3ita 4.50 v1.00 DEX DECH-J00a Debugging Station [Seagate Momentus XT 750GB / 8GB SSD]
    Habib 4.50 'DB' CEX CECH-H00 Ceramic White [Seagate Momentus XT 750GB / 8GB SSD]

2. ros.102 Haxor!

Join Date Feb 2010

Posts 44

Membership Standard

02-17-2013 05:29 PM #11

thanks you
    works for me

3. The Following User Says Thank You to ros.102 For This Useful Post:

Flappy Bird < ^ > < ^ >

Join Date Sep 2012

Posts 1,080

Membership Standard

02-17-2013 05:31 PM #12

Thanks mate this helped me alot XD

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Flappy Bird For This Useful Post:

6. BongCommander Bounty hunter

Join Date Jan 2011

Posts 171

Membership Standard

02-17-2013 11:15 PM #13

thanks

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BongCommander For This Useful Post:

8. G-O-M-F-L Gym leader

Join Date Jan 2013

Posts 302

Membership Standard

02-18-2013 10:12 AM #14

Quote Originally Posted by Pseudo_Soldier View Post
    I've seen tons of people not being able to get their process to show up on ProDG Debugger and I couldn't figure it out myself until after a few hours of digging, found multiple sources that helped me get it up and running so I thought I'd post them all together in one terminal thread.

This is VERY noob friendly!

I made this so it could be a terminal for all the possible help anyone would need to RTE. It includes links to threads for DEX conversions to Offsets and everything in between. I will constantly update to add the most up-to-date information on RTEing on PS3. All the tools you will ever need for RTE will be posted here with my own links so they will be easier to manage and find.

1) Making a Debug EBOOT.BIN

Files needed: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] & [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Note: Always use files from the update that is the most recent! Do not use an EBOOT.BIN from the disc or a backup then using it in the game data directory where updates are stored.

1a) To use a .self file (default_mp.self), use TA SELF Resigner (Option 4) to decrypt the .self to a .elf. Then use DE Fixer (Option 7 then option 1) and that will encrypt the EBOOT.elf to give you your Debug EBOOT.BIN.

1b) To use an EBOOT.BIN file, use DE Fixer to decrypt the Eboot (Option 1) the select DEX Utility (Option 7 then option 1) and that will encrypt the EBBOT.elf to give you your Debug EBOOT.BIN.

2) Setting up your PS3 for RTEing

Go to the settings column on the XMB menu and go all the way to the bottom to "Debug Settings" and make sure all the following setting are selected.

Release Check Mode > Development Mode

Make sure your PS3 is wired to the router via an ethernet cable or use Sharkbait's tutorial listed below to set it up wirelessly! This is very important or it won't show up in the target manager!

After all that has been checked, put your Debug EBOOT.BIN in the appropriate directory.
    (Example: MW3 US Update v1.23= dev_hdd0 > game > BLUS30838 > USRDIR > EBOOT.BIN)

Now reboot your PS3 and you're all set on that end.

3) Setting up your PC for RTEing

Go to the PC that you will be using for RTEing

ProDG Target Manager
    Check on the Console Output (located under the ip address) to see if it is booted in System Software Mode.
    Note: If you're using a true DEX with the Ip config on the lower right corner of the XMB menu then it should change from "Connected From 0.0.0.0" to "Connected to Your PC's Ip address."

ProDG Debugger
    Launch the game and count to 3 before loading the Debugger just to be careful. You should now see your process showing up now! Now just "Attach Process" by right clicking on the process which will freeze your game until the next step.

ProDG Target Manager
    Go to "Kernel Explorer" click on the process then press the "Continue" icon which looks like a green playstation start button. That's it!

ProDG Debugger
    Select to auto-update in the options above and you're finally done. Have fun RTEing!}

If you have ANY questions, I'd be glad to answer them and I'm sure others will be as well.

***If by any chance you cannot download the files given please alert me as soon as possible and I will update them as quickly and hassle-free as I can. You may be required to use Google Chrome to download as I use MEGA to upload my files for the encryption and privacy it gives! If there is another file/files you want a download link to, just send me a message asking for it and it will be done.

ProDG Download Link
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Offsets Threads

Converting to DEX

Other threads on RTEing:
    The link for chocos full dex tutorial isn't working.
    Thanks for the great info

9. The Following User Says Thank You to G-O-M-F-L For This Useful Post:

Kif Kush Friendly

Join Date Jul 2010

Posts 1,600

Membership Donator

02-18-2013 10:17 AM #15

Great tutorial bro

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Kif For This Useful Post:

Join Date Mar 2009

Posts 1,155

Membership Elite Founder

02-18-2013 10:32 AM #16

Quote Originally Posted by David14 View Post
    The link for chocos full dex tutorial isn't working.
    Thanks for the great info
    NGU is screwing up my links, sorry about this. I have posted a fix in the thread. Thanks for bringing it to my attention!
    My Rig:
    GPU: Powercolor AMD R9 290 w/ Unlocked 290x BIOS w/Arctic Accelero Hybrid Extreme Cooler
    My PS3s:
    PS3ita 4.50 v1.00 DEX DECH-J00a Debugging Station [Seagate Momentus XT 750GB / 8GB SSD]
    Habib 4.50 'DB' CEX CECH-H00 Ceramic White [Seagate Momentus XT 750GB / 8GB SSD]

13. Eat_Ur_Food You talkin to me?

Join Date Dec 2010

Posts 518

Membership Standard

03-04-2013 04:25 PM #17

Thank you for making this tutorial,
    I am having difficulty with the processes showing up in the debugger program. I have set my environment to np (lower case), also I went under debug setting and set Release Check Mode > Development Mode
    and I used Dark ebootfixer v5.5 to do the eboot by selecting option 1 and then option 7 it gave another eboot same size that I ftp back into USDIR load up the game with target running and connected, then opening debugger no processes appearing. HELP PLEASE. Thank you.

P.S. Is there a way to check the eboot to know if its a "debug" eboot?

Join Date Mar 2009

Posts 1,155

Membership Elite Founder

03-05-2013 01:52 AM #18

Quote Originally Posted by Eat_Ur_Food View Post
    Thank you for making this tutorial,
    I am having difficulty with the processes showing up in the debugger program. I have set my environment to np (lower case), also I went under debug setting and set Release Check Mode > Development Mode
    and I used Dark ebootfixer v5.5 to do the eboot by selecting option 1 and then option 7 it gave another eboot same size that I ftp back into USDIR load up the game with target running and connected, then opening debugger no processes appearing. HELP PLEASE. Thank you.

P.S. Is there a way to check the eboot to know if its a "debug" eboot?
    You are connecting to your PS3 using the Target manager first right?
    Load the game first and then connect the Debugger.
    If that all fails then, try going to Target Manager then selecting your PS3, right-click it and select "Restart into Development Mode." Sometimes this helps.
    I could test your Eboot for you if you post it
    My Rig:
    My PS3s:

15. Eat_Ur_Food You talkin to me?

Join Date Dec 2010

Posts 518

Membership Standard

03-05-2013 02:16 AM #19

Quote Originally Posted by Pseudo_Soldier View Post
    You are connecting to your PS3 using the Target manager first right?
    Load the game first and then connect the Debugger.
    If that all fails then, try going to Target Manager then selecting your PS3, right-click it and select "Restart into Development Mode." Sometimes this helps.
    I could test your Eboot for you if you post it
    Thank you for replying, probably the same time you were typing this I was realizing what an epic noob I am. :ha!: Intelligent as I am I was using the EBOOT.BIN from the wrong folder :dumb: It is now working for me as well Just got to get a little comfortable with the program now. Once again thanks for the TUT it was very easy to follow.

DANNY G PS3DOWNGRADE.CO.UK

Join Date Aug 2011

Posts 690

Membership Donator

03-05-2013 04:08 PM #20

great tut many thanks got all working just nothing was showing up in the memory hex.i could stop and start the game just no memory values.any help would be great.many thanks dude