Thread: [RELEASE] PS3Lib v3.1

1. iMCSx French Modding Team

Join Date Oct 2010

Posts 448

Membership Former Staff

06-19-2013 04:42 PM #1 [RELEASE] PS3Lib v3.1

PS3 Library .NET

This will allow you to communicate with your PS3 Developers easily.
    Connection with targets , read/write memory and more...

V4 Released : http://www.nextgenupdate.com/forums/...4-dex-cex.html

This project is on CodePlex , you can download the project compiled (.DLL) or see the source [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

New Features :

*Automatic ps3tmapi_net.dll (You don't need to add as reference this dll , PS3Lib do it!)
    *Connect a Target By Name
    *Get a Target Name
    *Reset To XMB
    *PS3IO Extension (XboxDevelopmentExtender Converted)
    *Extension Memory (CraigChrist XDevkit Extension Converted)

UPDATE v3.1 CHANGESET:

Some guys get a message "ps3tmapi_net.dll not found" when you try to connect to target, you must just add this in your Program.cs / Form_Load / Or just before ConnectDebug :

Code:
    PS3Lib.GetPs3Api.PS3TMAPI_NET();

What change in the v3.1 ?:

*Added a simple project with C# source with note for help all beginners (picture in below)
    *Fixed GetStatus Method
    *Fixed Extensions Writer
    *Fixed Some Errors...

SOURCE IN THE PACKAGE, DOWNLOAD IN BELOW.

How to use :

First , as i've said for the update v3.1 , don't forget to add this somewhere in your app :

Code:
    PS3Lib.GetPs3Api.PS3TMAPI_NET();
    Add the dll as reference , and add it to your project :

Code:
    using PS3Lib;
    You must create an instance , example just after the partial class , then like this :

Code:
    PS3API DEX = new PS3API();
    PS3IO PS3IO = new PS3IO();
    You can change these words "DEX" and "PS3IO" (Not in bold) by what you want.
    You don't need to create an instance for IO , if you don't want use it , don't create an instance it's not important.

You can now call a method , example in the event Form_Load :

Code:
    DEX.ConnectDebug("iMCSxDev");
    Like you can see , we can now connect a target by his name , so you can add much target in Target Manager is not a problem.

But , you can always use the old way (Connect By Default) , because i use 2 methods with the same name , but not the same parameters example :

Code:
    DEX.ConnectDebug(); // This Connect the Target by default (0)

OR

DEX.ConnectDebug(5); This Connect the target 5.
    I done this only if someone get problems , but it should work perfectly. I have added some others useful commands , first the command PS3TMAPI_NET(); This is included in the function connected , when you will connect your target with the PS3Lib (in your app) the dll will load automatically the ps3tmapi_net , then you DON'T need to add the ps3tmapi_net.dll into your project now... But if you want use a special command from the ps3tmapi_net.dll , you must just add it as reference but without include it in the same folder of your app if you release your app. How work this method ? :

Code:
            internal static Assembly LoadApi;
            public static Assembly PS3TMAPI_NET()
            {
                AppDomain.CurrentDomain.AssemblyResolve += (s, e) =>
                {
                    var filename = new AssemblyName(e.Name).Name;
                    var x = string.Format(@"C:\Program Files\SN Systems\PS3\bin\ps3tmapi_net.dll", filename);
                    var x64 = string.Format(@"C:\Program Files (x64)\SN Systems\PS3\bin\ps3tmapi_net.dll", filename);
                    var x86 = string.Format(@"C:\Program Files (x86)\SN Systems\PS3\bin\ps3tmapi_net.dll", filename);
                    if (System.IO.File.Exists(x))
                        LoadApi = Assembly.LoadFile(x);
                    else
                    {
                        if (System.IO.File.Exists(x64))
                            LoadApi = Assembly.LoadFile(x64);

else
                        {
                            if (System.IO.File.Exists(x86))
                                LoadApi = Assembly.LoadFile(x86);
                            else
                            {
                                MessageBox.Show("Target Manager API cannot be founded to:\r\n\r\n" + x86, "Error with PS3 API!", MessageBoxButtons.OK, MessageBoxIcon.Error);
                            }
                        }
                    }
                    return LoadApi;
                };
                return LoadApi;
            }
    As you can see , this method Load the dll but return too the assembly , then you can make the same things in your project with this return... I have just enter all popular path for this API my PS3 Attach Games run with this and it work for everyone...

PS3 Extensions & SCE Properties :

I have add some methods , but they are only available by their properties , easy to use but i'll write 2 example :

Code:
    // Extension Propertie
    float Jump = DEX.Extension.ReadFloat(0x0019780); // MW3 Offset , "Jump" has now the value 78. (If default)
    string HostName = DEX.Extension.ReadString(0x01BBBC2C); // This will read your PSN for MW3...

// Extension SCE
    uint CurrentProcess = DEX.SCE.ProcessID(); // Get the latest process attached...
    I have just converted the XDevKit++ from CraigChrist into PS3. I have removed his Extension methods it was not needed for the dll , i have also added and edited some function , example the string is read in memory to the next null byte.

PS3IO (EndianIO) :

We can now use EndianIO for ps3... This allow to be free with the language. It's a bit like the extension , but different this read and write quickly your bytes and much methods are available , some example how to use :

Code:
    using PS3Lib.IO;

// You must create an instance too , already said before...

// Put this into a function , this will set the noclip for MW3.
                EndianIO IO = new EndianIO(PS3IO.StreamPS3(DEX), PS3Lib.IO.EndianType.BigEndian);
                IO.Open();
                IO.In.BaseStream.Position = 0x0110A280 + 0x35fc;
                IO.Out.Write(0x00000001);

// Other Example , write noclip + redboxes
                EndianIO IO = new EndianIO(PS3IO.StreamPS3(DEX), PS3Lib.IO.EndianType.BigEndian);
                IO.Open();
                IO.In.BaseStream.Position = 0x0110a280 + 0x35fc;
                IO.In.BaseStream.Position = 0x0110a280 + 0x13;
                IO.Out.Write((byte)0x10);
    You can choose the Endian Type , and read/write memory , use just IO.Out. or IO.In. .

There are not only these methods , i have just write some examples , you will see every methods available if you explore it from your project.

I'm done with this thread , i know its a bit long for only a dll , but i would explain this perfectly , like this everyone understand how to work this.

I hope this will help you to develop some applications...

Thanks to Buc-ShoTz for the first PS3Lib released , CraigChrist for his XDevKit base , and the creator of the XboxDevExtander.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Have fun
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by iMCSx; 11-24-2013 at 10:48 PM.

2. FM|T xDevOpS Save Point

Join Date Feb 2012

Posts 7

Membership Standard

06-19-2013 04:43 PM #2

Nice work

3. Chxii Do a barrel roll!

Join Date Jun 2012

Posts 126

Membership Standard

06-19-2013 04:56 PM #3

Nice man like always

4. iMaesh4x Banned

Join Date Aug 2012

Posts 28

Membership Banned

06-19-2013 05:02 PM #4

Sexual Release

5. Ace Former Staff Member

Join Date Jan 2013

Posts 824

Membership Former Staff

06-19-2013 05:16 PM #5

Great Release, I think alot have been waiting for this

6. KrElZo Do a barrel roll!

Join Date Dec 2010

Posts 133

Membership Standard

06-19-2013 08:30 PM #6

Great release as always

7. DexModderFTW Little One

Join Date Dec 2012

Posts 293

Membership Standard

06-19-2013 10:40 PM #7

Good Job

8. 0xX0R Save Point

Join Date Dec 2012

Posts 9

Membership Standard

06-20-2013 04:02 AM #8

Good Job

9. Join Date Apr 2013

Posts 35

Membership Standard

06-20-2013 05:35 AM #9

What i am Waiting For Is A LAN for OUR ps3s Would Be Awesome
    what does this do NOOBS GUYS

10. JemEO NextGenUpdate Elite

Join Date Sep 2010

Posts 69

Membership Elite

NextGenUpdate Elite Member

06-21-2013 05:17 AM #10

Quote Originally Posted by FM|T iMCSx View Post
    PS3 Library v3.0 For .NET

This will allow you to communicate with your PS3 Developers easily.
    Connection with targets , read/write memory and more...

This project is on CodePlex , you can download the project compiled (.DLL) or see the source [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

New Features :

*Automatic ps3tmapi_net.dll (You don't need to add as reference this dll , PS3Lib do it!)
    *Connect a Target By Name
    *Get a Target Name
    *Reset To XMB
    *PS3IO Extension (XboxDevelopmentExtender Converted)
    *Extension Memory (CraigChrist XDevkit Extension Converted)

How to use :

Add the dll as reference , and add it to your project :

Code:
    using PS3Lib;
    You must create an instance , example just after the partial class , then like this :

Code:
    PS3API DEX = new PS3API();
    PS3IO PS3IO = new PS3IO();
    You can change these words "DEX" and "PS3IO" (Not in bold) by what you want.
    You don't need to create an instance for IO , if you don't want use it , don't create an instance it's not important.

You can now call a method , example in the event Form_Load :

Code:
    DEX.ConnectDebug("iMCSxDev");
    Like you can see , we can now connect a target by his name , so you can add much target in Target Manager is not a problem.

But , you can always use the old way (Connect By Default) , because i use 2 methods with the same name , but not the same parameters example :

Code:
    DEX.ConnectDebug(); // This Connect the Target by default (0)

OR

DEX.ConnectDebug(5); This Connect the target 5.
    I done this only if someone get problems , but it should work perfectly. I have added some others useful commands , first the command PS3TMAPI_NET(); This is included in the function connected , when you will connect your target with the PS3Lib (in your app) the dll will load automatically the ps3tmapi_net , then you DON'T need to add the ps3tmapi_net.dll into your project now... But if you want use a special command from the ps3tmapi_net.dll , you must just add it as reference but without include it in the same folder of your app if you release your app. How work this method ? :

Code:
            internal static Assembly LoadApi;
            public static Assembly PS3TMAPI_NET()
            {
                AppDomain.CurrentDomain.AssemblyResolve += (s, e) =>
                {
                    var filename = new AssemblyName(e.Name).Name;
                    var x = string.Format(@"C:\Program Files\SN Systems\PS3\bin\ps3tmapi_net.dll", filename);
                    var x64 = string.Format(@"C:\Program Files (x64)\SN Systems\PS3\bin\ps3tmapi_net.dll", filename);
                    var x86 = string.Format(@"C:\Program Files (x86)\SN Systems\PS3\bin\ps3tmapi_net.dll", filename);
                    if (System.IO.File.Exists(x))
                        LoadApi = Assembly.LoadFile(x);
                    else
                    {
                        if (System.IO.File.Exists(x64))
                            LoadApi = Assembly.LoadFile(x64);

else
                        {
                            if (System.IO.File.Exists(x86))
                                LoadApi = Assembly.LoadFile(x86);
                            else
                            {
                                MessageBox.Show("Target Manager API cannot be founded to:\r\n\r\n" + x86, "Error with PS3 API!", MessageBoxButtons.OK, MessageBoxIcon.Error);
                            }
                        }
                    }
                    return LoadApi;
                };
                return LoadApi;
            }
    As you can see , this method Load the dll but return too the assembly , then you can make the same things in your project with this return... I have just enter all popular path for this API my PS3 Attach Games run with this and it work for everyone...

PS3 Extensions & SCE Properties :

I have add some methods , but they are only available by their properties , easy to use but i'll write 2 example :

Code:
    // Extension Propertie
    float Jump = DEX.Extension.ReadFloat(0x0019780); // MW3 Offset , "Jump" has now the value 78. (If default)
    string HostName = DEX.Extension.ReadString(0x01BBBC2C); // This will read your PSN for MW3...

// Extension SCE
    uint CurrentProcess = DEX.SCE.ProcessID(); // Get the latest process attached...
    I have just converted the XDevKit++ from CraigChrist into PS3. I have removed his Extension methods it was not needed for the dll , i have also added and edited some function , example the string is read in memory to the next null byte.

PS3IO (EndianIO) :

We can now use EndianIO for ps3... This allow to be free with the language. It's a bit like the extension , but different this read and write quickly your bytes and much methods are available , some example how to use :

Code:
    using PS3Lib.IO;

// You must create an instance too , already said before...

// Put this into a function , this will set the noclip for MW3.
                IO.Open();
                IO.In.BaseStream.Position = 0x0110A280 + 0x35fc;

// Other Example , write noclip + redboxes
                IO.Open();
                IO.In.BaseStream.Position = 0x0110a280 + 0x35fc;
                IO.In.BaseStream.Position = 0x0110a280 + 0x13;
                IO.Out.Write((byte)0x10);
    You can choose the Endian Type , and read/write memory , use just IO.Out. or IO.In. .

There are not only these methods , i have just write some examples , you will see every methods available if you explore it from your project.

I'm done with this thread , i know its a bit long for only a dll , but i would explain this perfectly , like this everyone understand how to work this.

I hope this will help you to develop some applications...

Thanks to Buc-ShoTz for the first PS3Lib released , CraigChrist for his XDevKit base , and the creator of the XboxDevExtander.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Have fun
    How do I use DEX.SCE.GetStatus(); and DEX.SCE.ProcessID(); ? I've tried different ways but cant figure out how to use those two. Amazing release by the way
    Last edited by JemEO; 06-21-2013 at 05:19 AM.