Thread: How to RTE/RTM through Wifi (Without Network Sharing)

1. Join Date Oct 2012

Posts 221

Membership Standard

08-12-2013 03:57 PM #1 How to RTE/RTM through Wifi (Without Network Sharing)

Things needed:
    1. A product with an IP address such as a wireless router or old computer possibly that can share internet to hook up and the ETHERNET cable to.. This will not interfere with your wireless and does not to be on the internet
    2. PS3 on DEX
    3. Wifi
    4. Ethernet Cable
    5. ProDG TargetManager

1. Alright, this is extremely simple and easy, but sometimes hard to find: Ethernet needs to be hooked up from PS3 to something that has an IP address but does not need internet on it
    2. Turn your PS3 on:P
    3. Go to your internet connection settings and choose the wifi that you request (Make sure your computer is set on the network also)
    4. Check your IP address on your PS3!! Mine is 10.0.1.50 and I will use that as an example.. Replace 10.0.1.50 with your IP Address
    5. Go in Debug Settings and choose "Network Settings for Debug" and choose "Dual Settings"
    6. Power off and power on PS3
    7. Load your ProDG TargerManager and add a target name it 10.0.1.50 and make sure you've selected Debugging Station at the bottom of the page
    9. Put in IP Address or Host name: 10.0.1.50 and the port to 1000 if it wasn't already
    10. Click next then click finish
    11. Connect your PS3 and ENJOY(:

I don't have credits as I don't know if someone had figured this out previously, and I'm not sure who made the ProDG manager:/

If someone else has made this tutorial already let me know!
    Last edited by Most_WantedX; 08-18-2013 at 09:01 PM. Reason: Edited step#1.. Correcting myself
    PSN: Nicktasticz

2. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Nicktasticz For This Useful Post:

Winter Purple God

Join Date Aug 2012

Posts 927

Membership Elite

NextGenUpdate Elite Member

08-13-2013 06:47 PM #21

Sure I'll add you on Skype.

"Any fool can know. The point is to understand." - Albert Einstein

4. Join Date Aug 2013

Posts 11

Membership Standard

08-14-2013 09:34 PM #22

i dont have any of those wireless network settings only have local area connection dats da only thing dat pops up, and yes i ahve wifi and a router please help?

5. Join Date Aug 2013

Posts 11

Membership Standard

08-14-2013 09:39 PM #23

yea didnt work for me also on my ofw , did u find a solution?

6. whocates Haxor!

Join Date Jan 2011

Posts 40

Membership Standard

08-14-2013 09:54 PM #24

It worked for me but I could kill my self right now. You know why? I get that damn error when attaching and I have fixed it b4 but the fix requires single settings.. I have no idea in hell how to get this damn thing on dual settings to attach please have pitty I just now tryed to rtm over wifi it connects please help me with attach error any1!

Xplaya Climbing up the ladder

Join Date Jan 2011

Posts 454

Membership Standard

08-16-2013 05:28 AM #25

Quote Originally Posted by EtceteraModZz View Post
    Things needed:
    PS3 on DEX
    Wifi
    Ethernet Cable
    Anything to attach the Ethernet cable to
    ProDG TargetManager

1. Alright, this is extremely simple and easy to do but the only problem is that you will need to attach the Ethernet cord to something.. Weather it be an old computer that is simply turned on or Another PS3 that is turned on will probably work or (What I used) an old router that is not needed that you could hook up anywhere in the house. IT DOES NOT NEED INTERNET CONNECTION
    2. Turn your PS3 on:P
    3. Go to your internet connection settings and choose the wifi that you request (Make sure your computer is set on the network also)
    4. Check your IP address on your PS3!! Mine is 10.0.1.50 and I will use that as an example.. Replace 10.0.1.50 with your IP Address
    5. Go in Debug Settings and choose "Network Settings for Debug" and choose "Dual Settings"
    6. Power off and power on PS3
    7. Load your ProDG TargerManager and add a target name it 10.0.1.50 and make sure you've selected Debugging Station at the bottom of the page
    9. Put in IP Address or Host name: 10.0.1.50 and the port to 1000 if it wasn't already
    10. Click next then click finish
    11. Connect your PS3 and ENJOY(:

I don't have credits as I don't know if someone had figured this out previously, and I'm not sure who made the ProDG manager:/

If someone else has made this tutorial already let me know!
    After you have made first connection, do you still need the ps3 to be plugged into something for the future connections?
    -500GB PS3 OFW
    -500GB PS3 DEX/RTE CFW
    -1TB CEX CFW
    #Rebug

8. Join Date Oct 2012

Posts 221

Membership Standard

08-16-2013 03:14 PM #26

Quote Originally Posted by Xplaya View Post
    After you have made first connection, do you still need the ps3 to be plugged into something for the future connections?
    Yes you do

9. UncleRichardJr SayItWithYourChest

Join Date Sep 2012

Posts 448

Membership Elite

08-16-2013 11:42 PM #27

Yes you do
    i get this error everytime i try to connect [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

10. Join Date Oct 2012

Posts 221

Membership Standard

08-16-2013 11:47 PM #28

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Bubbles View Post
    i get this error everytime i try to connect [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    What are you using for your ethernet connection? And are you using wireless? I'm guessing you are but I'm just double checking

11. UncleRichardJr SayItWithYourChest

Join Date Sep 2012

Posts 448

Membership Elite

08-16-2013 11:49 PM #29

What are you using for your ethernet connection? And are you using wireless? I'm guessing you are but I'm just double checking
    i have a wireless modem, and i got my Ethernet cable plugged in my OFW.

12. Join Date Oct 2012

Posts 221

Membership Standard

08-17-2013 12:03 AM #30

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Bubbles View Post
    i have a wireless modem, and i got my Ethernet cable plugged in my OFW.
    Yeah, I feel really bad to tell you that I found out that it will only work with something with an IP address. So any sort of modem