01-03-2015, 03:44 AM #1
homeedog
I am error
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Edit: I've created a GUI that completely automates the process!!! Its still in beta but i tested it and it seems to not have any issues!! Can be found You must login or register to view this content.... Just follow the attached readme file and you should be good!!!

For the automated version, you cannot put ANY new directories in its file. so if you want to use the automated version, put the backup and the files you want to add somewhere else! I recommend the desktop Smile

Original tutorial below:

As 99% of you know on December 23 Kakaroto released Ps3Xport to the public and with it, retired from the scene. He released his windows binary a few days ago as well as a readme file that covered most of the tool's functions, but left out much of how to operate it for beginners. Today am here to show you how to use the most basic functions on the Windows binary, as many of the features are broken and require workarounds. For this tutorial, I will show you how to install a patch_mp.ff for Modern Warfare 2 (1.11) as many are familiar with the filetype and process, but this can be replicated with any file or game! This can be used on ANY OFW or CFW!

Lets get started.

1) Acquire your Console Id. This can be easily done on OFW (for a very limited time) or CFW and must only be done once.

-For CFW users you probably already know your console Id but if not, can be found using Multiman (among many other .pkgs).

-For OFW users for a limited time you can use IDPStealer by developer Flatz (DL can be found You must login or register to view this content. and a video for how to use the tool can be found You must login or register to view this content.... Please note not to abuse this tool and I will not go into details as i would like this thread to not die.Note that the key for this DL is EdV2KF605BWOSGJU5VwT9KjfftCB1ZRhfzbTBg7s8tk.

2) After getting your Console ID, download Kakaroto's tool You must login or register to view this content..

3) After the download is finished, extract the root folder labeled "ps3xport-win32" and place it wherever you can easily keep track of it.

4) The folder should contain these filesYou must login or register to view this content.[/URL]]

5) Double clicking on the .exe will not work as it's a binary so we must use Command Prompt.

6) The easiest way to do this would be to Shift+Right Click > Open command window here (may only work on more recent versions of windows, but i could be wrong)

if the Shift+Right Click doesn't work you can always open CMD then manually get the folder's address.
     Example: C:\Users\joseph\Desktop\ps3xport-win32

7) Your command prompt should now look like this (only the end is important, your path is likely different)... You must login or register to view this content.[/URL]

Cool Man (aka Tustin) Now make a Backup on your Ps3, since we are adding a Mw2 1.11 Offline patch, it is recommended you format your Ps3's memory (To save time) or if you are installing a Mw2 patch, you must delete it's game data utility.

9) Your backup can be found on your usb/storage device under
    F:\PS3\EXPORT\BACKUP

It should look like this or similar...You must login or register to view this content.

10) In your ps3xport-win32 folder you downloaded, create a folder named "PS3", in the PS3 folder create another folder named "EXPORT", in the EXPORT folder create a folder named "BACKUP", and finally in the BACKUP folder create a folder named "MyBak". It is extremely important that you name these properly. Here's what it should look like
    ps3xport-win32\PS3\EXPORT\BACKUP\MyBak

11) Now take the 4 files from the Backup folder from your usb (the one under ps3\export\backup and contains 4 .dat files) and copy it to the MyBak folder you just created.

12) Now your ps3xport-win32 folder should look like this..You must login or register to view this content.

13) And your Backup folder should look like this.
You must login or register to view this content.

14)Now in the ps3xport-win32 create another folder and name it "New".

15) Anything in the "New" folder will be added to your ps3's backup by creating a new directory.
For example- if we want to place our MW2 patch_mp.ff in
    dev_hdd0\game\BLUS30377\USRDIR

then our directory would look like
    ps3xport-win32\New\dev_hdd0\game\BLUS30377\USRDIR

16) So for my You must login or register to view this content. it would go under
    ps3xport-win32\New\dev_hdd0\game\BLUS30377\USRDIR

17) Now this is where i told you that only some of the program's functions are working... So as of now i will be only educating you on the AddProtected command.

1Cool Man (aka Tustin) Now, with the .bin file you got earlier from IDPStealer, place it directly in ps3xport-win32 and rename it idps.bin if it isn't already.

19) Now we need to get our PSID. Hopefully you still have the console open, if not go back to step 6 and then go on to step 20

20) in the console enter the following
    ps3xport ExtractPSID PS3/EXPORT/BACKUP/MyBak psid.bin

this should add a file named psid.bin to your ps3xport-win32 folder.

21) Now to add the directories and files in the "New" folder to your backup, enter the following...
    ps3xport SetPSID psid.bin SetDeviceID idps.bin AddProtected PS3/EXPORT/BACKUP/MyBak New

22) If everything goes properly, replace the 4 .dat files under
    ps3xport-win32\PS3\EXPORT\BACKUP\MyBak
with the ones under the backup folder on your USB.

23) Plug that puppy in and restore, should go 100% no problem!

Thanks as always, and OFW users enjoy your new freedom!
Last edited by homeedog ; 01-19-2015 at 03:39 AM. Reason: Added GUI .exe

The following 93 users say thank you to homeedog for this useful post:

-CTAmbush-, .MrRedDoT, {H} | Exception, Midnight.eGo, 3ric_M0535, A6shRkm, Best Mate, BigDanPin, Blackstorm, Cien, codybenti, Crunk, Cyb3r, Dan Dactyl, DavidSalazar874, Dog88Christian, dolby1, Doodle, DS, ErikPshat, FBML, Funzaur, g9g__BASHA__g9g, popcornmods, Geo, GermanModdingPS, H4NDR0ID, hibye3, hkownz, i6oz, ImIrIsH, Welsh, Jacob-And-Britt, Joel, joni_djESP, Jordan G., Josh_ox3, justeve, Kryptus, JokerRey, MEGANO5, milky4444, mithosyggdrasil, Mr Grumpy, Mr.Alfredo, MrPOPMods, Mythusala, NickBeHaxing, John, Nuxera, onrode, Dan, Vince, Pewp, pktman12345, Pyro577, quack_QUACK, R3BUGM0Dz, RayJ_chugs, ReqLobbies, ResistTheJamsha, ResistTheMoon, Reyz, SaberNGU, SlowGrind, smashedya, SnaY, Jon Snow, Taylor, Synergy, The Last Helmet, The★A1★HAXO_oR, timmyboy123, Tipton_Modz, Ciri, Tustin, Uk_ViiPeR, WesleH., WhatIsWar, windrider, x TwiisT x, x5150xiZombie, xkoeckiiej, xRaW, xXDarkSystemXx, xXx2o1o, yaumebz, Zambie, zshred

The following 6 users groaned at homeedog for this awful post:

Red-EyeX32, Cody_h4x, Creepzoid 0___0, Esker, Thirst, U WOT M8
01-03-2015, 04:18 AM #2
Yeah thanks man 😄
01-03-2015, 04:39 AM #3
SlowGrind
Do a barrel roll!
Nice tutorial. Can you do the same with EBOOTS? And could you save information from an OFW console and the decrypt the backup and then save that backup on a different OFW console?
Last edited by SlowGrind ; 01-03-2015 at 04:43 AM.
01-03-2015, 09:04 AM #4
Originally posted by SlowGrind View Post
Nice tutorial. Can you do the same with EBOOTS? And could you save information from an OFW console and the decrypt the backup and then save that backup on a different OFW console?

You cannot do any sort of eboot modding on OFW

The following user thanked Black Panther for this useful post:

Funzaur
01-03-2015, 09:15 AM #5
RayJ_chugs
[move] No Founder [/move]
cool thanks for the info
01-03-2015, 02:32 PM #6
homeedog
I am error
Originally posted by SlowGrind View Post

You essentially could but copying the entire backup would create problems like many files not matching up with with what's on your PS3 and cause some random unwanted error Ninja

As of now if you want to unpack all of the files on your backup simply use
    ps3xport.exe SetDeviceID ./idps.bin Dump PS3/EXPORT/BACKUP/MyBak C:\

(This will dump dev_hdd0 and dev_flash2 in your C:\ drive)

But on kakaroto's program, CreateBackup does not work correctly so the best idea would just be to use Add/Addprotected to add the files from one backup on a freshly created backup on a completely newly formated ps3... Do note that Add/Addprotected do NOT overwrite existing files, and the delete command does not work on the binary so all the deleting must be done on the PS3...

The following 3 users say thank you to homeedog for this useful post:

P$ycho, Synergy, windrider
01-03-2015, 03:39 PM #7
Joel
[move]Sal:madsal::laim:[/move]
Tutorial sticked, this is VERY useful to OFW modding!

The following user thanked Joel for this useful post:

homeedog
01-03-2015, 03:44 PM #8
Gay For Satan
DevouringHeavens
Great tutorial, really thorough and easy to follow. :y:
01-03-2015, 04:15 PM #9
Rangers 1690
Who’s Jim Erased?
you could probably get it working online if you inject the full update in with the modded patch_mp.ff (i cant test this since i dont use ps3 anymore)
01-03-2015, 04:18 PM #10
homeedog
I am error
Originally posted by Rangers
you could probably get it working online if you inject the full update in with the modded patch_mp.ff (i cant test this since i dont use ps3 anymore)

I was thinking of that but does the PS3 firmware manage game updates separately from the game's PKG update or does it simply check game update files in the game's folder? This would be ALOT easier if the DeleteFile command worked properly...

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo