Post: Custom Firmware Users - Please Read! Regarding Error Code [80710A06]
02-18-2015, 10:02 PM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); 80710A06 is an error a lot of you may have encountered over the past couple of hours or so. Don't be alarmed. It's nothing you've done nor have you messed up anything, however, It's safe to say that Sony have definitely patched a majority of custom firmwares. Thereby you will not be able to get online until someone creates a new spoofer that allows us to do so with our consoles. Which in this case, could take up to a long time.

Don't fret, for there is a temporary alternative as to getting back online for now. If you're not on CEX, you will need to revert back to it in order to make use of this alternative firmware.

Habib CFW Version 4.66 v.1.01 Cobra 7.03 - You must login or register to view this content.
I didn't post Darknet because it's something people aren't as familiar with nor do they like it as much.

And before signing into PSN or loading up a game prior to signing in such as COD. You will need to run this homebrew app. When it loads, press X. If nothing happens, press it a couple more times until the PS3 beeps and boots you to the XMB.

PSNPatch 4.66.33 (Latest) - You must login or register to view this content.

- - - - - Patch notes regarding the Custom Firmware Habib 4.66 v.1.01 Cobra 7.03 and PSNPatch 4.66.33 - - - - - -

Habib CFW Version 4.66 v.1.01 Cobra 7.03 Notes - You must login or register to view this content.

PSNPatch 4.66.33 Notes - You must login or register to view this content.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Thanks for reading this. If you would like to get back to CEX after deleting your CEX-FLASH.EID0.NOR/NAND.BIN File, then visit my new thread on how to do it. You must login or register to view this content.

Credit goes to KHATPHAT for posting this issue and addressing it straight away and out for the community to see - You must login or register to view this content.
I didn't think much of this at first, but now, you must be really cautious with your PS3.
Last edited by UgenixComp ; 02-19-2015 at 11:06 AM. Reason: I made a new thread to help people get back to CEX

The following 2 users say thank you to UgenixComp for this useful post:

Crazy_Ace3214, PirateKing
02-18-2015, 10:12 PM #2
What to do when im on dex ita ?
02-18-2015, 10:14 PM #3
xAskYouModz
Little One
What to do when im on dex rebug ?

The following user thanked xAskYouModz for this useful post:

NutellaModz
02-18-2015, 10:19 PM #4
Originally posted by EastModz View Post

You will have to downgrade your playstation and install Rebug firmware. To do this, simply download the DEX Downgrader and install it onto your playstation. From there, once finished and installed, install Rebug Custom Firmware and install the Rebug Toolbox if you haven't already got it. This can be found by clicking the Package Manager folder in the 'Game' field of your XMB menu. From here, select the 'Install Package Files' folder and then click on 'PS3 Hard Disk'. You'll see it, Install if necessary. Open the toolbox and use it to switch to CEX using your .NOR/.NANDBIN CEX Flash file. After this step is complete, you'll be prompted to restart your Playstation 3. From here, you're good to go and are able to upgrade to the Habib CFW.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Download Links

DEX Downgrader - You must login or register to view this content.

Rebug Firmware - You must login or register to view this content.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Last edited by UgenixComp ; 02-18-2015 at 10:38 PM. Reason: Had to add extra links
02-18-2015, 10:21 PM #5
Originally posted by xAskYouModz View Post

Well you can either wait for a possible release of a spoofer in time or just use the rebug toolbox to revert back to CEX for now and use the alternative firmware.
If you do not have your original CEX file, then I'll post a tutorial that you can follow to do so.
02-18-2015, 10:27 PM #6
justeve
< ^ > < ^ >
Just wait it out unless your desperate to get online.
And mod on CEX.
ResistTheSun
02-18-2015, 10:37 PM #7
Originally posted by justeve View Post
Just wait it out unless your desperate to get online.
And mod on CEX.
ResistTheSun

Haha yea. But this is for those who are 'desperate'. The downside is that you can't really mod on this particular firmware available for now. Unless people are willing to make do and just want to play with friends, I can see why some people would despise this post.
02-18-2015, 10:39 PM #8
Can anyone explane me on skype how to go back to cex wihtout my old cex flash files pleas help my skype is eastmodz
02-18-2015, 11:18 PM #9
Hi.
i have a Rebug 4.46.1 and i cant updated habibi 4.66
help pls
02-18-2015, 11:18 PM #10
Originally posted by EastModz View Post
Can anyone explane me on skype how to go back to cex wihtout my old cex flash files pleas help my skype is eastmodz

Hey buddy, I made a thread regarding this. Here you go - You must login or register to view this content.

It took a while and I made it anyway as I don't think anyone else has made one. Enjoy it and message me on Skype if you have any more questions.

Skype - SnugglyBMX

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo