05-16-2015, 09:32 AM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Developer ‘estwald’ released his updated version of System Manager via elotrolado forum. It’s now compatible with CFW v4.70 and utilizes a new method to enhance changes in fan speed. More information + download below:

You must login or register to view this content.

Excerpt from user ‘sandungas’ via playstationhax forum :

The last days there was a talk in the official iris thread in eol forums discussing and reviewing the actual working method of the fancontrolls

Estwald posted a few messages to give his oppinions and to say hello (he advised is not planning in returning to PS3 development),, and today has released a new version of his “system manager” compatible with 4.70 that uses a new method with fan speed delays

The purpose of the new implementation is to make the fan speed changes more gradual and sweeter

Is a final release by now (i guess) but consider it a bit experimental and focused in being used as an example for others to study and to work on it

Below is a translated text from estwald’s post on elotrolado:

Well, it’s doneSmile
In git you have new_core changes. Also in the attached (and I do not have access to FTP EOL) where besides the source, attached the sm.self already compiled, with patches to CFW 4.70 (I advise caution: expert someone else try it first).

How does it work ?. So basically, when the temperature change, instead of setting the value directly, is reached it is trying to reach the target speed from wherever you are in a series of steps. Usleep as the loop is 400 ms, that means a step forward every 400 ms, as indeed I have left (there is an internal counter that counts to 5 and at position 1 makes the temperature reading and tries to adjust steps in relation to Tables 1 and progresses every step. If you want to play this, you thereXD. In principle, it is matched up to a maximum of 5 steps, but as a decimal precision is lost, there may be more, of course.

Anyway, I try it to see if you like more. And no, I have not:p. It’s just that one day is a day and a forum where people get around a theme and no one program, the thing comes to nothing and less:pXD. So there you have a variant[+risas]

EDIT: you can try from the Iris own to make a jump temperatures something big to be enough to return to the lower limit and see how it behaves. if you want to make the most progressive leap, add number of steps or make adjustment step by step with a lower frequency of 400 ms (adding a counter that makes setting one in two or more cycles) to see what you like best . To me as it is, that’s fine

Regards

Download: You must login or register to view this content.

Source: You must login or register to view this content. | You must login or register to view this content.

Credits:

Ps3Hax

Gregory rasputin for letting me use article

Elderado

The following user groaned Coffee Bean for this awful post:

SonyBlack
05-16-2015, 11:04 AM #2
SonyBlack
League Champion
double post..
05-16-2015, 11:14 AM #3
Originally posted by Coffee
Developer ‘estwald’ released his updated version of System Manager via elotrolado forum. It’s now compatible with CFW v4.70 and utilizes a new method to enhance changes in fan speed. More information + download below:

You must login or register to view this content.

Excerpt from user ‘sandungas’ via playstationhax forum :

The last days there was a talk in the official iris thread in eol forums discussing and reviewing the actual working method of the fancontrolls

Estwald posted a few messages to give his oppinions and to say hello (he advised is not planning in returning to PS3 development),, and today has released a new version of his “system manager” compatible with 4.70 that uses a new method with fan speed delays

The purpose of the new implementation is to make the fan speed changes more gradual and sweeter

Is a final release by now (i guess) but consider it a bit experimental and focused in being used as an example for others to study and to work on it

Below is a translated text from estwald’s post on elotrolado:

Well, it’s doneSmile
In git you have new_core changes. Also in the attached (and I do not have access to FTP EOL) where besides the source, attached the sm.self already compiled, with patches to CFW 4.70 (I advise caution: expert someone else try it first).

How does it work ?. So basically, when the temperature change, instead of setting the value directly, is reached it is trying to reach the target speed from wherever you are in a series of steps. Usleep as the loop is 400 ms, that means a step forward every 400 ms, as indeed I have left (there is an internal counter that counts to 5 and at position 1 makes the temperature reading and tries to adjust steps in relation to Tables 1 and progresses every step. If you want to play this, you thereXD. In principle, it is matched up to a maximum of 5 steps, but as a decimal precision is lost, there may be more, of course.

Anyway, I try it to see if you like more. And no, I have not:p. It’s just that one day is a day and a forum where people get around a theme and no one program, the thing comes to nothing and less:pXD. So there you have a variant[+risas]

EDIT: you can try from the Iris own to make a jump temperatures something big to be enough to return to the lower limit and see how it behaves. if you want to make the most progressive leap, add number of steps or make adjustment step by step with a lower frequency of 400 ms (adding a counter that makes setting one in two or more cycles) to see what you like best . To me as it is, that’s fine

Regards

Download: You must login or register to view this content.

Source: You must login or register to view this content. | You must login or register to view this content.

Credits:

Ps3Hax

Gregory rasputin for letting me use article

Elderado

I appreciate your post to contribute to the community, however a similar post has already been made recently :p You can find it here You must login or register to view this content.
Thread closed.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo