06-14-2015, 05:24 PM #1
LizzoOo
Do a barrel roll!
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});
Hi everyone, Today i'm bring you a tutorial on how to create our own Boot logo, Boot sound, First message (epilepsy message) and other! Smile

This steps works on standard cfw and cobra cfw! With this guide we are going to change some files of flash memory, so follow me step by step! This steps are tested and working!

Let's go! Smile

Boot Logo:
First of all, go on multiman and save on your pc a backup of ''coldboot.raf''.So, in multiman settings section, enable 'acces in writing on dev_flash'. Now go in the file manager (MmOS) and click on ''dev_blind'', now ''vsh'' , then ''resource'' and here you can find this file! Disable writing on dev_flash, and now let's begin with our boot logo!
- Choose your favourite image, be sure to change the background on trasparent, and download this great tool for convert your image in .raf format, compatible with ps3

You must login or register to view this content.

- Just open this tool and choose the image you chosen. Now select 'custom' in resize section, and you have to find the right resolution, with the help of 'hide prewiev' , it will show you the resolution that you have selected. Esc from the prewiev with 'esc' button.

- When you have find your resolution, click on 'convert' and wait for the end of process.
- Rename the created file as '' coldboot.raf '' and transfer it on a usb.
- Connect your usb on your ps3 and go on Multiman, enable 'access in writing on dev_flash', and now copy the 'coldboot.raf file in the following location: dev_blind / vsh / resource.
- You have done.. Disable writing on flash, and restart your ps3 Smile

Boot sound:
- Get a backup of the following files: ''coldboot_multi.ac3'' and ''coldboot_stereo.ac3'' located in dev_blind / vsh / resource. Obviously you must enable writing on dev_flash with multiman!
- Ok, get your favourite mp3 track to use as boot sound. It musn't be more long then 8-10 seconds.. If it is and it need to be shortened, download this simple tool:

- Now, you have your little clip, it need to be converted on .ac3 format.. For this we need this wonderful tool:

- Launch the downloaded tool, from the tool drag your mp3 clip in section below where you read 'add media file'.

- Now in the 'format section' select ''AC3', and on the last slot, select'CBR 640KBPS Multich'. Now you can click on 'Encoding'.
- Now yu can find the created .ac3 file in the same directory of your mp3 clip used.
- Close XviD4PSP_DAILY.
- Copy the .ac3 file, and rename both files. The first as ''coldboot_multi.ac3'' and the second as ''coldboot_stereo.ac3''.
- Transfer both files on a usb and go on Multiman, enable access writing on dev_flash, and copy both files in: dev_blind / vsh / resource.
- Done, disable access on dev_flash and restart your Ps3 Smile

First message (epilepsy message)
Note: This is the step more dangerous! Follow me step by step!

- So, let's go. Create a new folder on desktop, i will rename it as 'XXX' in this guide, but you can rename it like you want!
- Download You must login or register to view this content. .. Unpack and replace all in the 'XXX' folder.
- Download You must login or register to view this content. .. Unpack and you will find ''unicode''. Replace it in the 'XXX' folder.
- Now go on Multiman and take from dev_blind / vsh / resource , this file: ''sysconf_plugin.rco'' and copy it on your pc. Do EVER a backup! So, because we need to use this file, keep a copy on safe on your pc, and replace the original one in the 'XXX' folder.
- Launch rcomagegui.exe, be sure to be in 'dump' section..

Now in ''rco imput'' select the ''sysconf_plugin.rco file located in 'XXX' folder, and in ''xml output'' browse onto XXX folder and save file as 'xxx.xml' or which name you want but give it .xml extension!
- Now click on ''separate resorce types into separate folders'' and on ''Awesome faceecode VSMX scripts'', THEY MUSN'T BE SELECTED! Now click on ''Awesome faceump''.
- Now go on notepad++ located in xxx folder / unicode and launch it. Click on 'file' , 'open' and choose your ps3 language.. Example: English.xml or Italian.xml..
- Ok, be sure that in the 'Encoding' section, the option Encode in UFT-8 is selected!!
- Now click on 'search' , now 'find' , insert 'epilepsy word and click on find next. Close the window.
- Now, Cancel the text from ''Photosensitive epilepsy'' to ''instruction manual''. DO NOT TOUCH OTHER!
- Now you can write what you want Smile just replace your text, like this: <textname=''msg_health_warning_start_scee''>YOUR FAVOURITE TEXT.</text>
You can do also: <textname=''msg_health_warning_start_scee''>YOUR
FAVOURITE
TEXT.</text> . Smile

- Ok, save and exit from notepad++.
- Back to rcomagegui and go in 'compile' section. On 'xml input' select the 'xxx.xml' file or the name you have give it, and on 'rco output' select the desktop directory and save the file as '' sysconf_plugin.rco ''
- Now, on ''Head compression'' select ''Zlib'' and click on 'compile''.
- Put the created 'sysconf_plugin.rco' file on a usb and go on Multiman, enable writing on dev_flash, and copy and paste the file in dev_blind / vsh / resource.
-You've done Smile Disable writing on dev_flash and restart your Ps3 Smile

Change waves:
- Just download this pack:

- In here you can find some amazing waves with matching prewievs.
- First, get a backup.. So go on Multiman, enable writing on dev_flash and copy ''lines.qrc'' located in dev_blind / vsh / resource / qgl.
- Now you can choose your favourite wave and with Multiman replace the new lines.qrc in dev_blind / vsh / resource / qgl.
- Done, disable access on writing on dev_flash and Restart your Ps3 Smile

PSN Logos
- Get a backup of: ''xmb_plugin_normal.rco'' and ''xmb_ingame.rco''
- Download this pack:

- Unpack and in it there are some Psn Logos, so choose your favourite. (There's a rebug one with xmb psn logo and in-game psn logo).
- Transfer in an usb your favourite ''xmb_plugin_normal.rco'' and (if you want) also ''xmb_ingame.rco''.
- Go on Multiman, enable access for writing on dev_flash, and copy the file(s) in dev_blind / vsh / resource.
- Done Smile
I'm sorry, for now i have only the rebug (red) Psn Logo 'in-game', the other Psn Logos are only for xmb.

If something goes wrong, just reinstall your cfw via Recovery!
Do EVER a backup!!
If u need help, just pm me or reply, i will happy to help you Smile

My English is not perfect, so if you don't understand something, tell me Smile

Well.. This guide is from Mizio90 from MaxModding, all credits go to him Smile Thank you another time Mizio90!! Smile

Hope you like this little guide!
Last edited by LizzoOo ; 10-04-2015 at 02:36 PM. Reason: Thread Updated and Links Fixed :)

The following 2 users say thank you to LizzoOo for this useful post:

1291-_-MoDz, samet2013

The following user groaned LizzoOo for this awful post:

SonyBlack
06-14-2015, 05:31 PM #2
Originally posted by LizzoOo View Post
Hi everyone, Today i'm bring you a tutorial on how to create our own Boot logo, Boot sound, First message (epilepsy message) and other! Smile

This steps works on standard cfw and cobra cfw! With this guide we are going to change some files of flash memory, so follow me step by step! This steps are tested and working!

Let's go! Smile

Boot Logo:
First of all, go on multiman and save on your pc a backup of ''coldboot.raf''.So, in multiman settings section, enable 'acces in writing on dev_flash'. Now go in the file manager (MmOS) and click on ''dev_blind'', now ''vsh'' , then ''resource'' and here you can find this file! Disable writing on dev_flash, and now let's begin with our boot logo!
- Choose your favourite image, be sure to change the background on trasparent, and download this great tool for convert your image in .raf format, compatible with ps3 You must login or register to view this content.
- Just open this tool and choose the image you chosen. Now select 'custom' in resize section, and you have to find the right resolution, with the help of 'hide prewiev' , it will show you the resolution that you have selected. Esc from the prewiev with 'esc' button.

- When you have find your resolution, click on 'convert' and wait for the end of process.
- Rename the created file as '' coldboot.raf '' and transfer it on a usb.
- Connect your usb on your ps3 and go on Multiman, enable 'access in writing on dev_flash', and now copy the 'coldboot.raf file in the following location: dev_blind / vsh / resource.
- You have done.. Disable writing on flash, and restart your ps3 Smile
Here you can find some boot logo ready to use: You must login or register to view this content.
The background of these images seems black, but it's trasparent! Every image, so coldboot.raf, comes with a sound, (coldboot_multi.ac3 and coldboot_stereo.ac3) So you can try out these images with their matching boot sound!

Boot sound:
- Get a backup of the following files: ''coldboot_multi.ac3'' and ''coldboot_stereo.ac3'' located in dev_blind / vsh / resource. Obviously you must enable writing on dev_flash with multiman!
- Ok, get your favourite mp3 track to use as boot sound. It musn't be more long then 8-10 seconds.. If it is and it need to be shortened, download this simple tool: You must login or register to view this content.
- Now, you have your little clip, it need to be converted on .ac3 format.. For this we need this wonderful tool: You must login or register to view this content.
- Launch the downloaded tool, from the tool drag your mp3 clip in section below where you read 'add media file'.
- Now in the 'format section' select ''AC3', and on the last slot, select'CBR 640KBPS Multich'. Now you can click on 'Encoding'.
- Now yu can find the created .ac3 file in the same directory of your mp3 clip used.
- Close XviD4PSP_DAILY.
- Copy the .ac3 file, and rename both files. The first as ''coldboot_multi.ac3'' and the second as ''coldboot_stereo.ac3''.
- Transfer both files on a usb and go on Multiman, enable access writing on dev_flash, and copy both files in: dev_blind / vsh / resource.
- Done, disable access on dev_flash and restart your Ps3 Smile

First message (epilepsy message)
Note: This is the step more dangerous! Follow me step by step!

- So, let's go. Create a new folder on desktop, i will rename it as 'XXX' in this guide, but you can rename it like you want!
- Download You must login or register to view this content. .. Unpack and replace all in the 'XXX' folder.
- Now go on Multiman and take from dev_blind / vsh / resource , this file: ''sysconf_plugin.rco'' and copy it on your pc. Do EVER a backup! So, because we need to use this file, keep a copy on safe on your pc, and replace the original one in the 'XXX' folder.
- Launch rcomagegui.exe, be sure to be in 'dump' section.. Now in ''rco imput'' select the ''sysconf_plugin.rco file located in 'XXX' folder, and in ''xml output'' browse onto XXX folder and save file as 'xxx.xml' or which name you want but give it .xml extension!
- Now click on ''separate resorce types into separate folders'' and on ''Awesome faceecode VSMX scripts'', THEY MUSN'T BE SELECTED! Now click on ''Awesome faceump''.
- Now go on notepad++ located in xxx folder / unicode and launch it. Click on 'file' , 'open' and choose your ps3 language.. Example: English.xml or Italian.xml..
- Ok, be sure that in the 'Encoding' section, the option Encode in UFT-8 is selected!!
- Now click on 'search' , now 'find' , insert 'epilepsy word and click on find next. Close the window.
- Now, Cancel the text from ''Photosensitive epilepsy'' to ''instruction manual''. DO NOT TOUCH OTHER!
- Now you can write what you want Smile just replace your text, like this: <textname=''msg_health_warning_start_scee''>YOUR FAVOURITE TEXT.</text>
You can do also: <textname=''msg_health_warning_start_scee''>YOUR
FAVOURITE
TEXT.</text> . Smile
- Ok, save and exit from notepad++.
- Back to rcomagegui and go in 'compile' section. On 'xml input' select the 'xxx.xml' file or the name you have give it, and on 'rco output' select the desktop directory and save the file as '' sysconf_plugin.rco ''
- Now, on ''Head compression'' select ''Zlib'' and click on 'compile''.
- Put the created 'sysconf_plugin.rco' file on a usb and go on Multiman, enable writing on dev_flash, and copy and paste the file in dev_blind / vsh / resource.
-You've done Smile Disable writing on dev_flash and restart your Ps3 Smile

Change waves:
- Just download this pack: You must login or register to view this content.
- In here you can find some amazing waves with matching prewievs.
- First, do a backup.. So go on Multiman, enable writing on dev_flash and copy ''lines.qrc'' located in dev_blind / vsh / resource / qgl.
- Now you can choose your favourite wave and with Multiman replace the new lines.qrc in dev_blind / vsh / resource / qgl.
- Done, disable access on writing on dev_flash and Restart your Ps3 Smile

If something goes wrong, just reinstall your cfw via Recovery!
Do EVER a backup!!
If u need help, just pm me or reply, i will happy to help you Smile

My English is not perfect, so if you don't understand something, report me Smile

Well.. This guide is from Mizio90 from MaxModding, all credits go to him Smile Thank you another time Mizio90!! Smile

Hope you like this little guide!

Nice dude Smile
06-14-2015, 05:45 PM #3
LizzoOo
Do a barrel roll!
Thanks a lot bro Smile Smile
I worked on it a lot, for translation, test and other..
Hope all of you like it Smile
06-14-2015, 07:47 PM #4
x_com
Banned
nice thread Smile
06-14-2015, 08:17 PM #5
LizzoOo
Do a barrel roll!
Originally posted by com View Post
nice thread Smile

Thanks bro Smile
06-14-2015, 09:26 PM #6
SEROTONIN
Pokemon Trainer
Nice Thread man 😀 Maybe add some pictures to make it look a bit better 👍
06-14-2015, 09:50 PM #7
LizzoOo
Do a barrel roll!
Originally posted by SEROTONIN View Post
Nice Thread man �� Maybe add some pictures to make it look a bit better ��

I will add soon Smile Thanks!

The following user thanked LizzoOo for this useful post:

SEROTONIN
06-15-2015, 05:20 AM #8
HeroWin
Java Developer
well i hate bursting bubbles and ruin spot lights but there is already like 100+ threads on the same concept of this thread... teaching, helping, and guiding how edit the basic parts of the ps3 file system from boot logo to fonts.... in my honest opinion, this thread is pointless. I can simply look at past popular threads on the same topic with the same basis of what you just typed.... i know im being harsh and you may think im the biggest douche bag in the world but im only speaking with my honest opinion. May i add that you did state you English is bad? Users here deserve the best quality and if one user can not provide a well thought guide with good English... whats the point? bad = English (or any language perhaps) can lead to users complaining on a faulty error due to your bad English.. am i right?
06-15-2015, 06:37 AM #9
LizzoOo
Do a barrel roll!
Originally posted by HeroWin View Post
well i hate bursting bubbles and ruin spot lights but there is already like 100+ threads on the same concept of this thread... teaching, helping, and guiding how edit the basic parts of the ps3 file system from boot logo to fonts.... in my honest opinion, this thread is pointless. I can simply look at past popular threads on the same topic with the same basis of what you just typed.... i know im being harsh and you may think im the biggest douche bag in the world but im only speaking with my honest opinion. May i add that you did state you English is bad? Users here deserve the best quality and if one user can not provide a well thought guide with good English... whats the point? bad = English (or any language perhaps) can lead to users complaining on a faulty error due to your bad English.. am i right?

Well, this is your opinion bro, i haven't seen a thread about 'create our boot logo, sound and other like in this one..
Maybe you can find some coldboots ready to use, here you can create your own!
I worked a lot on this thread only for the community, anyway if you Don't want follow my guide, just back on Ps3 section Smile
Bye bro, this is my opinion Smile
06-15-2015, 07:44 AM #10
Slick
Anxiety
Nice tutorial Enzo

The following user thanked Slick for this useful post:

LizzoOo

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo