Post: To All of The OFW Users - Why You Should NOT be Using The Backup Mod Menu Trick!!
07-05-2015, 04:14 AM #1
niki201
Climbing up the ladder
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Alright, so I have seen like almost everyone of my customers ask me "Dude, I found out how to get a mod menu without a jailbreak, screw u.", and this really made me put some thought into why you shouldn't do this. OK, let's get started.

1. You have like pretty much no method of getting a new CID.
So what I mean by this is that, you have to be jailbroken to change your CID, and a full system backup would take a long time, and you can't replace any files(im about 99.999% sure) and even if there was good luck getting someone to show you how or to sell you a CID. I know I wouldn't give a CID to an OFW user.

2. When updates come out, it get's patched.
So basically OFW users will probably be all like "OMG why isn't it working?" and come complaining to the OFW users. And you OFW users probably don't even know about what an online bypass is. 99.9% you just went on YouTube and searched, "how to get a mod menu without a jailbreak".

3. There is NOBODY on here (except for the odd goody two shoes) who will ever want to help you with your issue, because you couldn't even have the decency to put out for an E3 flasher, or the odd guy on Craigslist who is willing to do it for you for like 50 bucks or something, but instead, you choose the worst possible option, by OFW modding, and 99.9% of the people who upload these videos on YouTube on how to do this don't even know how to fix your issues for you. They will go all Apple Phone Support on you and ask you if you "turned it off and on".

4. You are most likely to get banned faster than the CFW modders.
The reason behind this is you are probably going to gloat, and show off. Nobody likes a 9 year old kid screaming with a voice higher than Wiz Khalifa saying "I HAVE MODS AND YOU DON'T HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA". And if you don't do that, you're most likely to do something even more stupid.

5. FOR THE LITTLE KIDS (8-13) --- I bet you Bill Gates daughters college fund that your mom and dad aren't going to buy you a new console or CID.
Like really though, your parents will probably end up saying "next time don't cheat.", or, "Don't cry, I'll get you a Wii, that pretty cheap and they have age appropriate games!", not "Sure! I will buy you a new gaming console worth 200$+, because you did something stupid with your old one."

6.You are probably going to do this on your main account, which will get banned faster then Sanic
In a perfect world, the OFW modders would not be stupid with what they have and use new accounts, and eventually down the line, get a jailbroken console, but no. That won't happen you will just whine on about how you got banned when you were at 3rd prestige in BO2.

7. And Last but not least, You Can't get a DEX console without the dumps. And you aren't getting the dumps.\
Sorry guys but its the truth.
Oh and if you don't know what DEX is, it's the best thing ever.

Anyways, This is the end of why you should NOT OFW mod.
Thanks for reading,
Niki201

The following 34 users say thank you to niki201 for this useful post:

Raiden, /SneakerStreet/, ADAM-, bench2012, Crazy_Ace3214, Dro, ERIKHUMBLE_, Gryphus, Geraxy, GreenManOSteele, GTA MoDz, Tears, Ice1976, iGreaT xX, Lukas_01, martinwake.ml, MOD-RuLeZ, NestiAl, NIO77, illusional, Ozias, PinKPanther1020, Psycedelic, AFG, Rebuged, Teken, Vondy Supreme, wtf33, x_com, xDannny, xPurpBoyyx, zhuk86

The following 3 users groaned at niki201 for this awful post:

AutoModder, ceazar3o6, Midnight
07-05-2015, 06:41 AM #2
I say let the ofw kiddies have their fun, I mean it's not really affecting you is it? Unless you're still playing on games below mw2. They aren't hurting anyone, I don't understand why everybody who owns a cfw is upset about it. We once had the ability to modify the PS3 without having to pay for a new console, so why can't the people on ofw have their fun like we did years back?
Last edited by Veldiuim ; 07-24-2015 at 07:50 AM.

The following 14 users say thank you to Veldiuim for this useful post:

#Dragoss, A_Gen_Fiasco, CoderBlankz, ceazar3o6, iGreaT xX, JIewka, Magic Kittens, Merda6, John, oIvan, Right, Kryptmoose, StonedGazers, Twerkshot
07-05-2015, 07:12 AM #3
Default Avatar
Kas
Originally posted by niki201 View Post
Alright, so I have seen like almost everyone of my customers ask me "Dude, I found out how to get a mod menu without a jailbreak, screw u.", and this really made me put some thought into why you shouldn't do this. OK, let's get started.

1. You have like pretty much no method of getting a new CID.
So what I mean by this is that, you have to be jailbroken to change your CID, and a full system backup would take a long time, and you can't replace any files(im about 99.999% sure) and even if there was good luck getting someone to show you how or to sell you a CID. I know I wouldn't give a CID to an OFW user.

2. When updates come out, it get's patched.
So basically OFW users will probably be all like "OMG why isn't it working?" and come complaining to the OFW users. And you OFW users probably don't even know about what an online bypass is. 99.9% you just went on YouTube and searched, "how to get a mod menu without a jailbreak".

3. There is NOBODY on here (except for the odd goody two shoes) who will ever want to help you with your issue, because you couldn't even have the decency to put out for an E3 flasher, or the odd guy on Craigslist who is willing to do it for you for like 50 bucks or something, but instead, you choose the worst possible option, by OFW modding, and 99.9% of the people who upload these videos on YouTube on how to do this don't even know how to fix your issues for you. They will go all Apple Phone Support on you and ask you if you "turned it off and on".

4. You are most likely to get banned faster than the CFW modders.
The reason behind this is you are probably going to gloat, and show off. Nobody likes a 9 year old kid screaming with a voice higher than Wiz Khalifa saying "I HAVE MODS AND YOU DON'T HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA". And if you don't do that, you're most likely to do something even more stupid.

5. FOR THE LITTLE KIDS (8-13) --- I bet you Bill Gates daughters college fund that your mom and dad aren't going to buy you a new console or CID.
Like really though, your parents will probably end up saying "next time don't cheat.", or, "Don't cry, I'll get you a Wii, that pretty cheap and they have age appropriate games!", not "Sure! I will buy you a new gaming console worth 200$+, because you did something stupid with your old one."

6.You are probably going to do this on your main account, which will get banned faster then Sanic
In a perfect world, the OFW modders would not be stupid with what they have and use new accounts, and eventually down the line, get a jailbroken console, but no. That won't happen you will just whine on about how you got banned when you were at 3rd prestige in BO2.

7. And Last but not least, You Can't get a DEX console without the dumps. And you aren't getting the dumps.\
Sorry guys but its the truth.
Oh and if you don't know what DEX is, it's the best thing ever.

Anyways, This is the end of why you should NOT OFW mod.
Thanks for reading,
Niki201

I have to say that the only one that really matters there is number 1, cids can't be changed once it's gone your console is useless pretty much and I don't think OFW users think of that when trying to mod.

The following 4 users say thank you to Kas for this useful post:

ModaTron, AFG, StonedGazers, Twerkshot
07-05-2015, 07:54 AM #4
niki201
Climbing up the ladder
Originally posted by Kas View Post
I have to say that the only one that really matters there is number 1, cids can't be changed once it's gone your console is useless pretty much and I don't think OFW users think of that when trying to mod.

Yeah because they are just so excited for mods they don't know/care about the consequences.
07-05-2015, 07:55 AM #5
niki201
Climbing up the ladder
Originally posted by Veldiuim View Post
I say let the ofw kiddies have their fun, I mean it's not really affecting you is it? Unless you're still playing the on games below mw2. The aren't hurting anyone, I don't understand why everybody who owns a cfw is upset about it. We once had the ability to modify the PS3 without having to pay for a new console, so why can't the people on ofw have their fun like we did years back?

There show offs(not like anyone cares what they say), and soon enough they will start doing money drops
07-05-2015, 08:04 AM #6
Default Avatar
Kas
Originally posted by niki201 View Post
There show offs(not like anyone cares what they say), and soon enough they will start doing money drops

We all are at least a bit when it comes to modding please be careful what you say because things like that just start arguments, thanks.

The following user thanked Kas for this useful post:

StonedGazers
07-05-2015, 04:45 PM #7
it is against the terms of service to run a modified firmware or homebrew on your system. how ever it is not against the terms and services to run a modified backup from a custom firmware. so in no way can someone using pexploit and modded backups get suspended or banned from Sony Online Entertainment. now that being said their console can't be banned but their accounts most definitely can be. because it's against the games terms of service to play without an unfair advantage over other online players. Now when ofw users are able to run homebrew and pkg files or sign eboots for their system that is when they are at liberty to become console banned from Sony Online Entertainment. Now with all of that being said at this moment ofw users can download and play specific games for free. If they do this then they are at liberty to be console banned. But to respond to this thread ofw users can not be banned just for modding a game via backup.

The following 2 users say thank you to LAGxMoDzz_ for this useful post:

ADAM-, xDannny
07-05-2015, 04:47 PM #8
H4MZ4
Little One
lol you can't even play online in public lobbies with GTA mods, cos OFW can't run modified Eboots so they can only be in modder pools

The following 2 users say thank you to H4MZ4 for this useful post:

Right, x_com
07-05-2015, 05:13 PM #9
Adkins
Banned
Seems pointless to mod like that.. Just get 3.55 cfw
07-05-2015, 05:47 PM #10
niki201
Climbing up the ladder
Originally posted by Hamza
lol you can't even play online in public lobbies with GTA mods, cos OFW can't run modified Eboots so they can only be in modder pools

Forgot about that one

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo