01-27-2016, 12:22 AM #1
gopro_2027
Vault dweller
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); How to prevent console/account bans from sony
Note: No method will 100% keep you from getting banned on a cfw PS3. This will only decrease the chances of getting banned/extend the time before you get banned.

Use webMAN (You must login or register to view this content. or You must login or register to view this content.)
Method I use:

1. Start up your ps3.
  2. Hold Triangle + R2 (Disable CFW syscalls and delete history) while in xmb (even while in game) until the message pops up.
  3. Sign in.

Other things you should generally know:

1. Never run a homebrew program while online.
  2. Always use anti-ban mods/eboots while playing games online.
  3. If you sign out after you have been online and then run homebrew you should NOT sign back in; restart your PS3.

I haven't been console banned in almost a year (since before I used this method).

More info on webMAN:

• Usually I load my games through the webMAN Games folder located on xmb before I press Triangle+R2 just to give my PS3 time to load up CCAPI all the way (cuz sometimes I rush to turn on my PS3). Just a habit.
  • It does not matter when you load your game through the webMAN Games folder. You can even load a game while signed in online and still not get banned.
  • Webman has a built in FTP server that runs in the background so you can use it while online. Just go to network settings to find your PS3's IP and connect to that through filezilla.

Cheers! -pro
Last edited by gopro_2027 ; 01-28-2016 at 12:55 PM.

The following user thanked gopro_2027 for this useful post:

GTA MoDz

The following user groaned gopro_2027 for this awful post:

qamartheone
01-27-2016, 01:47 AM #2
Gryphus
Former Super Moderator
Originally posted by pro View Post
Use webMAN (You must login or register to view this content. or You must login or register to view this content.)
Method I use:

1. Start up your ps3.
  2. Hold Triangle + R2 (Disable CFW syscalls and delete history) while in xmb (even while in game) until the message pops up.
  3. Sign in.

I haven't been console banned in almost a year (since before I used this method).

More info on webMAN:

• Usually I load my games through the webMAN Games folder located on xmb before I press Triangle+R2 just to give my PS3 time to load up CCAPI all the way (cuz sometimes I rush to turn on my PS3). Just a habit.
  • It does not matter when you load your game through the webMAN Games folder. You can even load a game while signed in online and still not get banned.
  • Webman has a built in FTP server that runs in the background so you can use it while online. Just go to network settings to find your PS3's IP and connect to that through filezilla.

Cheers! -pro

This will only keep you from being banned from using CFW online. Your still able to be banned for modding video games online like CoD or GTA. You can still receive console bans if your not using anti-ban for certain games. Only way this helps is to protect you from bans from being on CFW.

Otherwise thanks for sharing Winky Winky
01-27-2016, 03:52 AM #3
gopro_2027
Vault dweller
Originally posted by Gryphus1 View Post
This will only keep you from being banned from using CFW online. Your still able to be banned for modding video games online like CoD or GTA. You can still receive console bans if your not using anti-ban for certain games. Only way this helps is to protect you from bans from being on CFW.

Good point.
01-27-2016, 04:52 AM #4
Dog88Christian
Hail to the King, Baby!
Good point.

Incorrect actually, this doesn't not get you banned. It can only extend the time until you do. There's no way not to get banned on CFW. Also, Webman when loading games opens internet browser, which Sony logs history. Meaning this will probably increase ban risk. Not sure if they can detect active FTP, but it's a possibility. There are also many more steps that can extend the time, but like I said this isn't a way not to get banned. Just extend time, so don't mislead people :p
01-27-2016, 05:01 AM #5
Gryphus
Former Super Moderator
Originally posted by Dog88Christian View Post
Incorrect actually, this doesn't not get you banned. It can only extend the time until you do. There's no way not to get banned on CFW. Also, Webman when loading games opens internet browser, which Sony logs history. Meaning this will probably increase ban risk. Not sure if they can detect active FTP, but it's a possibility. There are also many more steps that can extend the time, but like I said this isn't a way not to get banned. Just extend time, so don't mislead people :p

I see your point but I will disagree. I have had the same account for over a year now and no bans sense. Only bans I faced was from video game modding. I suppose what you said might be the case for some users. It depends how smart the user is and has understanding on how bans take effect. I use my CFW ps3 like a normal ps3 system I dont even worry about bans. Im just lucky I guess lol Ninja
01-27-2016, 06:12 AM #6
gopro_2027
Vault dweller
Originally posted by Dog88Christian View Post

I understand that sony logs everything but it is still a great method, especially for new users who are clueless of what to do. I had no idea you even had to do special stuff to not get banned when I first got my jb ps3.
01-27-2016, 01:54 PM #7
Dog88Christian
Hail to the King, Baby!
I understand that sony logs everything but it is still a great method, especially for new users who are clueless of what to do. I had no idea you even had to do special stuff to not get banned when I first got my jb ps3.

I understand that, I'm not saying this isn't a good step to take because it can help. All I'm saying is that this doesn't not stop you from getting banned, which is what your title says. Shouldn't mislead people, otherwise some may start arguments saying you got them banned or something.

I see your point but I will disagree. I have had the same account for over a year now and no bans sense. Only bans I faced was from video game modding. I suppose what you said might be the case for some users. It depends how smart the user is and has understanding on how bans take effect. I use my CFW ps3 like a normal ps3 system I dont even worry about bans. Im just lucky I guess lol Ninja

Yes it also depends on the pro cautions you are taking on a CFW. What I'm trying to say is, we will all get banned on CFW no matter what. No way to stop it, it's just a matter of when.
01-27-2016, 03:54 PM #8
lol everyone's ban opinion differ bottom line is your at risk..

R2+ triangle is pointless for psn as theres no proof psn checks system calls. however its good for games that check them like destiny,blops2,ghosts etc gta v doesn't monitor system calls.
history ive never used a history cleaning ever for the simple fact that no cleaner has ever cleaned my browser history even though they say they all do. 2 after reading the devwiki about online connections i figured wtf does it matter.plus some logs are better then no logs in my opinion lol
ive asked joonie an he feels the same but its all opinion based
Last edited by TheRichSlut ; 01-27-2016 at 03:56 PM.
01-27-2016, 04:14 PM #9
runningman420
I defeated!
i dont use webmodman infact never heard of it ,multiman and psn patch kept me safe for nearly 2 years i dont use that ps ninja shit either ,but nice post wil help sum hopefully
01-27-2016, 04:17 PM #10
runningman420
I defeated!
it would be great if sum one could make psn patch disable cfw and enable cfw instead of keep restarting ps3 each game we change a game also a button combination to activate or deactivate psn patch instead of keep goin on the package ,just an idea

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo