Post: [ADVANCED?] Modding Metal Gear Online 2 REVIVAL[MGS4] to run RTM
03-27-2017, 01:59 PM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Hi NGU I'm making this post about Metal Gear Online Revival that has been revived by ps3 modders for CFW & ripped from its original game MGS4 to play online. Yeah it's fun to play original but we all know that pushing a game to its limits with mods can even be more fun.

So the goal of this post is to have real time modding running in the game to eventually make a RTM tool or mod menu. From my research they've ripped files from the original MGS4 game, turned the online portion into a PSN game, modded it to run on private servers and installed parameters in the files so "modding/hacking" cannot be done to the files.

Here is a list of my findings so far in my attempts at modding:
- COBRA mode in rebug toolbox needs to be turned OFF for the game to boot (making no processes show in debugger)
- Game can boot with NPDRM patched eboot but does not "authentication" check when connecting to servers
- CCAPI on CEX cannot run in-game without freezing
- Target Manager on DEX can run in game but cannot detect process since no Debug or COBRA mode

Hopefully my research is reliable and correct since I am still learning but am willing to help in anyway possible and I will pay a small donation of $30USD for someone taking their time to achieve this mod.

The Metal Gear Online Revival update .pkg can be found at You must login or register to view this content. - Will update thread as I go along
Last edited by Trilltrill400 ; 03-28-2017 at 12:02 AM.
03-27-2017, 06:59 PM #2
Dro
i<3myPs3
Originally posted by Trilltrill400 View Post
Hi NGU I'm making this post about Metal Gear Online Revival that has been revived by ps3 modders for CFW & ripped from its original game MGS4 to play online. Yeah it's fun to play original but we all know that pushing a game to its limits with mods can even be more fun.

So the goal of this post is to have real time modding running in the game to eventually make a RTM tool or mod menu. From my research they've ripped files from the original MGS4 game, turned the online portion into a PSN game, modded it to run on private servers and installed parameters in the files so "modding/hacking" cannot be done to the files.

Here is a list of my findings so far in my attempts at modding:
- COBRA mode in rebut toolbox needs to be turned OFF for the game to boot (making no processes show in debugger)
- Game can boot with NPDRM patched eboot but does not "authentication" check when connecting to servers
- CCAPI on CEX cannot run in-game without freezing
- Target Manager on DEX can run in game but cannot detect process since no Debug or COBRA mode

Hopefully my research is reliable and correct since I am still learning but am willing to help in anyway possible and I will pay a small donation of $30USD for someone taking their time to achieve this mod.

The Metal Gear Online Revival update .pkg can be found at You must login or register to view this content. - Will update thread as I go along

With such a small community and admin who actively play the game as well, you're likely to just get banned immediately and at the very least will be changing your ip and accounts very often..
Last edited by Dro ; 03-27-2017 at 07:07 PM.
03-27-2017, 11:59 PM #3
Originally posted by Dro View Post
With such a small community and admin who actively play the game as well, you're likely to just get banned immediately and at the very least will be changing your ip and accounts very often..

That is true but I'm not looking to stat hack with it to become #1 in the server. I'm more interested in in-game fun with modded lobbies, create modded new game modes, everyone play as special characters, super jump, etc..

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo