06-10-2011, 04:50 PM #1
Default Avatar
KJagz
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); As you all know you can download full version games from psn WHICH after downloading need to be installed, correct? SO these files might be .pkg files. (lets call it pkg for now, could be something else but has to be single file executable by ps3 i assume)
We also know that we cannot connect ps3 hdd to a pc (might already be a way or cud be made) but what we can do is backup the data on an external hdd..

Ok so here are my questions, can there be a way to decrypt the data on the hdd or the backup and find out the format of those installable game pkg? and also could we make and inject our our own similar game pkg into the hdd thru a software OR into the hdd backup n then restore it to the system so tht we can install it?

:\
06-10-2011, 07:57 PM #2
Originally posted by KJagz View Post
As you all know you can download full version games from psn WHICH after downloading need to be installed, correct? SO these files might be .pkg files. (lets call it pkg for now, could be something else but has to be single file executable by ps3 i assume)
We also know that we cannot connect ps3 hdd to a pc (might already be a way or cud be made) but what we can do is backup the data on an external hdd..

Ok so here are my questions, can there be a way to decrypt the data on the hdd or the backup and find out the format of those installable game pkg? and also could we make and inject our our own similar game pkg into the hdd thru a software OR into the hdd backup n then restore it to the system so tht we can install it?

:\

Yes they are packages and no they can't be activated illegitimately w/o CFW because they need to be signed by the 3.60+ keys.
06-10-2011, 08:54 PM #3
Default Avatar
KJagz
What about the games that dint require 3.60+ keys? Inject those pkg in the right place and ps3 should show it as installable right?
06-10-2011, 09:07 PM #4
Originally posted by KJagz View Post
What about the games that dint require 3.60+ keys? Inject those pkg in the right place and ps3 should show it as installable right?

Won't work.

You have 2 options:
1) Inject it (somehow) on the HDD, but then you need to install it. See the problem?
2) Place it under vsh/task(I think, roughly) on the flash, which is simply not possible.

So yeah, quite frankly just give up. Not gonna work :(
06-18-2011, 01:45 PM #5
Default Avatar
KJagz
stare i hope someone comes up with something soon, or i might just kill my console in desperation :(

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo