06-11-2011, 03:10 AM #1
Mr.Penut
Bounty hunter
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); I just bought a bigger hard drive for my ps3 and want to know how I can back up everything that was on the original harddrive to my new one. I was thing of ftping every file from the harddrive and putting it on the new one but dont know if that will work. Also, I only have 1 system so I cant use the ethernet method. Thanks for the help
06-11-2011, 06:55 AM #2
Ritztro
I am a Game Developer
Ok I think you can back it up to a that HDD if you plug it into the usb slot. Then once you back it up to there you can also restore it form there the same way.
06-11-2011, 06:56 AM #3
gavros7
Treasure hunter
Originally posted by Mr.Penut View Post
I just bought a bigger hard drive for my ps3 and want to know how I can back up everything that was on the original harddrive to my new one. I was thing of ftping every file from the harddrive and putting it on the new one but dont know if that will work. Also, I only have 1 system so I cant use the ethernet method. Thanks for the help

back everything up to an external?
06-11-2011, 06:34 PM #4
Mr.Penut
Bounty hunter
Originally posted by petridis26 View Post
back everything up to an external?

If I do that, whould it back psn games, game data utility, etc? I know that it doesnt back up trophies but if i backs everything else up I will do that.
06-12-2011, 02:59 AM #5
gavros7
Treasure hunter
Originally posted by Mr.Penut View Post
If I do that, whould it back psn games, game data utility, etc? I know that it doesnt back up trophies but if i backs everything else up I will do that.

i cant confirm myself because i havent used my system backup....have a read of thisYou must login or register to view this content. which tells you what is and isnt backed up....i guess you have cfw? in that case maybe backup your registry aswell?...thats all i can think of that might be of help...you might want to get someone elses opinion too
06-14-2011, 01:06 AM #6
Mr.Penut
Bounty hunter
Originally posted by petridis26 View Post
i cant confirm myself because i havent used my system backup....have a read of thisYou must login or register to view this content. which tells you what is and isnt backed up....i guess you have cfw? in that case maybe backup your registry aswell?...thats all i can think of that might be of help...you might want to get someone elses opinion too

so I backed up from external and restored it and now none of my psn games works and asks for a license or reads it as a trial. Would you know how to restore them back to the full versuion?

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo