Post: PS3 4.55 OFW Downgrade to CFW 3.55 Then Jailbreak - Help?
02-18-2014, 08:59 AM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Hi, I was wondering if anyone could give me a hand in how to downgrade a ps3 slim from Official Firmware 4.55 to Custom Firmware/Jailbroken 3.55. So I need to also know how to jailbreak the 3.55 PS3 and how to get it up to date to play online.
If you could also assist me in how modding games like Cod: ghosts works, that would be very helpful.

Cheers, M0K0
02-18-2014, 09:12 AM #2
motoX
Bounty hunter
You must login or register to view this content.

The following user thanked motoX for this useful post:

libra7ry
02-18-2014, 12:41 PM #3
XxModxX_XxModxX
Can’t trickshot me!
Hi, I can downgrade your ps3, I just need to know what model you have
02-18-2014, 10:14 PM #4
jonnypepp187
Save Point
hey M0K0
when im not on the wrong way .. u cant downgrade any ps3 with OFW over 3.55 when u have a cfw over 3.55 than u can downgrade also on 3.55 (cfw) thats right Winky Winky
i saw yesterday that you can jailbreak the ofw 4.55 ..
with my jailbroken ps3 i cant go online cause of update .. Now i updated new cfw and it works

when someone can help me how i can mod in mw2.3. bo1.2 write me pls

i need 2 know how i put patch on my jailbroken ps3 or i can mod online

thx a lot
Last edited by jonnypepp187 ; 02-18-2014 at 10:21 PM.
02-18-2014, 11:37 PM #5
libra7ry
I’m too L33T
Originally posted by jonnypepp187 View Post
i saw yesterday that you can jailbreak the ofw 4.55

Facepalm
02-19-2014, 03:08 AM #6
Does the 4.55 OFW Jailbreak actually work though?? Online and all?
02-19-2014, 03:35 AM #7
Originally posted by MokoPlays View Post
Does the 4.55 OFW Jailbreak actually work though?? Online and all?

Bro don't fall for any 4.55 etc Jailbreak its all F#B#!!S!No No there will never be a JB for firmware after 3.55! Don't be scammed!:bye:Just buy a PS3 that has already been Jailbroken if you cannot downgrade your own:yes:But do your home work first before you jump into it because if you get console banned its not that easy to get another PSID Choco I hope this helped Good Luck.
02-20-2014, 06:39 AM #8
NeoFrost
Gym leader
Fucking hell... I just recently acquired a second PS3, super-slim model and began giving consideration to putting CFW on my other, original fat, first-run backward compatible PS3. Problem is, it's already been updated to OFW 4.55. So basically now there's no "easy" way to put CFW on it? I've never looked into hacking or modding before so I'm a total novice at it, and really don't feel like being arsed with opening the thing up and tinkering around with it or having to spend money on downgrading equipment.
02-20-2014, 07:26 AM #9
Originally posted by Nature View Post
Bro don't fall for any 4.55 etc Jailbreak its all F#B#!!S!No No there will never be a JB for firmware after 3.55! Don't be scammed!:bye:Just buy a PS3 that has already been Jailbroken if you cannot downgrade your own:yes:But do your home work first before you jump into it because if you get console banned its not that easy to get another PSID Choco I hope this helped Good Luck.

Don't say never, there is a chance, but very very little. May happen, though unlikely also would result in a law suit.
I'd say there is a 1% chance it MAY happen, but it probably wont :P
02-20-2014, 08:01 AM #10
Originally posted by Midnight View Post
Don't say never, there is a chance, but very very little. May happen, though unlikely also would result in a law suit.
I'd say there is a 1% chance it MAY happen, but it probably wont :P

LOL!That is true I just don't want them to get scammed by scumbags feeding them a lot of BS! about being close to releasing the new JB just pay a small admin fee and you will one of the first in the world to have it once we release it :wtf: And yep I was one of those foolsEek LOL!

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo