09-05-2014, 10:53 PM #1
Kryptus
Former Staff Manager
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Mkay, bear with me, here's my plan...

I ordered a 120gb SSD for my PS3.

I also have an OFW PS3.

I'm lazy, so I want to take the CFW PS3's current HDD, put it in the OFW, and data transfer the CFW HDD in the OFW PS3 to the new CFW SSD, in my CFW PS3.

Will this work, theoretically? My main concern is if the OFW PS3 can operate with a CFW HDD. As far as I know, it should, but I'd like to know before I gut everything.
09-06-2014, 12:24 AM #2
DIRTY SMASHER
Treasure hunter
Originally posted by KryptusX View Post
Mkay, bear with me, here's my plan...

I also have an OFW PS3.

I'm lazy, so I want to take the CFW PS3's current HDD, put it in the OFW, and data transfer the CFW HDD in the OFW PS3 to the new CFW SSD, in my CFW PS3.

Will this work, theoretically? My main concern is if the OFW PS3 can operate with a CFW HDD. As far as I know, it should, but I'd like to know before I gut everything.

Hdd's are not swappable as they are "married" to the ps3 they came from.

Think there is a way cfw to cfw ps3 ...but not cfw to ofw

If you try to use a hdd from another ps3 it will force you to format the drive,losing all data
Last edited by DIRTY SMASHER ; 09-06-2014 at 12:28 AM.

The following user thanked DIRTY SMASHER for this useful post:

Kryptus
09-06-2014, 01:01 AM #3
EternalHabit
Former Staff
Originally posted by KryptusX View Post
Mkay, bear with me, here's my plan...

I also have an OFW PS3.

only way to make that work is if you dual boot ur ps3 with a flasher. which requires some soldering

The following user thanked EternalHabit for this useful post:

Kryptus
09-06-2014, 01:07 AM #4
Kryptus
Former Staff Manager
Originally posted by xTurntUpLobbies View Post
only way to make that work is if you dual boot ur ps3 with a flasher. which requires some soldering

Originally posted by DIRTY
Hdd's are not swappable as they are "married" to the ps3 they came from.

Think there is a way cfw to cfw ps3 ...but not cfw to ofw

If you try to use a hdd from another ps3 it will force you to format the drive,losing all data
asdfghjkl;'
Thanks for response. I'll just backup what I want from the current CFW HDD to my PC, then transfer over to the new SSD. Thanks again for the help Happy.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo