04-22-2016, 09:13 PM #1
Zane
Banned
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); So my jailbroken PS3 has this really annoying loud fan. How can i fix this without harming the PS3? Thanks
04-22-2016, 09:16 PM #2
MoneyB
Climbing up the ladder
Its probably been set in webman games ..setup folder to run at a higher rate ..
Just have a look in there as it has a dynamic fan control .....iff its been set to dynamic at a certain temp you may be hitting that temp then the fan adjust itself to keep your console at the selected temp and it wil keep raising its speed to keep you at that temp.
04-22-2016, 09:52 PM #3
Zane
Banned
Originally posted by MoneyB View Post
Its probably been set in webman games ..setup folder to run at a higher rate ..
Just have a look in there as it has a dynamic fan control .....iff its been set to dynamic at a certain temp you may be hitting that temp then the fan adjust itself to keep your console at the selected temp and it wil keep raising its speed to keep you at that temp.

I wouldn't think that's the problem. I've never used webman to be honest. It might be though
04-22-2016, 09:56 PM #4
MoneyB
Climbing up the ladder
LOL why wouldnt you think that is the problem ?
04-22-2016, 09:56 PM #5
Hydrogen
Super Mod
Originally posted by Zane View Post
I wouldn't think that's the problem. I've never used webman to be honest. It might be though

On webMAN,lower your fan speed, but not that much. You don't want overheating problems.

The following user thanked Hydrogen for this useful post:

Dog88Christian
04-23-2016, 04:32 AM #6
dead ps3
04-23-2016, 02:50 PM #7
Dro
i<3myPs3
So my jailbroken PS3 has this really annoying loud fan. How can i fix this without harming the PS3? Thanks

What are your temps when this happens?

If you've never used software such as webman or fan controller, then your console is overheating.

You will most likely need new thermal paste at the least, before it gets worse..
If it starts shutting off (ylod/rlod) before you do this, then you will have a lot harder time keeping it alive..
Last edited by Dro ; 04-23-2016 at 02:52 PM.
04-27-2016, 05:54 PM #8
Gryphus
Former Super Moderator

Zane please give an update to your problem's status.
04-27-2016, 05:55 PM #9
Zane
Banned
Originally posted by Gryphus1 View Post
Zane please give an update to your problem's status.

fixed. Just used irisman to lower fan speed and such.
04-27-2016, 05:57 PM #10
Gryphus
Former Super Moderator
fixed. Just used irisman to lower fan speed and such.

Glad to hear that. As always feel free to make a new thread if you have more questions ! Thread closed.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo