04-30-2016, 11:03 AM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Can I Instal cfw. On ofw 4.80
04-30-2016, 06:49 PM #2
Hydrogen
Super Mod
Originally posted by Nbktomu View Post
Can I Instal cfw. On ofw 4.80

Thread moved to PS3 Mods Questions and Inquiries.
04-30-2016, 06:54 PM #3
Rocket League <3
Originally posted by Hydrogen View Post
Thread moved to PS3 Mods Questions and Inquiries.

I don't think this question needs to be moved lmao.

No. You need to be on 3.55 ofw or below to install cfw.
04-30-2016, 06:59 PM #4
Hydrogen
Super Mod

Super Slims can't be jailbroken if you're using one. Some Slims can only be jailbroken, depending on the model. All Phat PS3s can be jailbroken. Now, if you're running on a 4.80, you need to downgrade to a lower firmware in this case 3.55 or lower. You need to buy a E3 Flasher or a Progskeet, which can be found on Amazon or eBay. Then, when that's done, you can be free to install a CFW onto your PS3. Just remember Super Slims can't be jailbroken, and some slims can't as well.
05-01-2016, 04:52 PM #5

It depends in
What console you have:fat,slim,super slim
The serial code:Only some slim ps3 can be jailbroken(The ones created before 2010),all fat consoles can be jailbroken and the newest ones (super slim) can´t or just with cobraODE(Its very hard to install,and here in my country it cost from 70-100€ to install it)
heres a link to see if your console can be jailbroken: You must login or register to view this content. and here how to check the serial code to know if your slim ps3 can be jailbroken You must login or register to view this content. (both images)
If your console is a fat/slim and if its a slim,can be downgrade,you need a flasher called E3 Flasher (I only know that one) wich costs around 50$ on ebay,downgrade it to 3.55 and then install the cfw,then you can convert from cex to dex
Some pics of the e3 flasher
You must login or register to view this content.
***THIS PART,IM NOT SURE IF IT´S CORRECT***
Also,you need a nor or nand,the nor ones are the ones you can flash.
***THIS PART,IM NOT SURE IF IT´S CORRECT***
Originally posted by Hydrogen View Post
Super Slims can't be jailbroken if you're using one. Some Slims can only be jailbroken, depending on the model. All Phat PS3s can be jailbroken. Now, if you're running on a 4.80, you need to downgrade to a lower firmware in this case 3.55 or lower. You need to buy a E3 Flasher or a Progskeet, which can be found on Amazon or eBay. Then, when that's done, you can be free to install a CFW onto your PS3. Just remember Super Slims can't be jailbroken, and some slims can't as well.

This explanation is also good,if you dont want to read mine,read this
I think thats all! if something is wrong tell me and i change it
Last edited by Dark-_-Modz ; 05-01-2016 at 04:56 PM. Reason: Added more information
05-02-2016, 02:01 AM #6
Gryphus
Former Super Moderator

This question has been more than answered. If you have more questions feel free to make a new thread. Thread closed.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo