05-03-2016, 05:35 AM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Hey everybody, I want to upgrade my internal HDD on my jailbroken PS3 (CECH-2512A). Im using the backup/restore method, now my question is, when i get to the reformat new HDD part, will I be able to restore immediately with my backup assuming installing automatically the 4.78 CFW CEX along with the backup? Or will it ask me the latest OFW or in this case since my PS3 is jailbroken, I can use the 4.78 CFW CEX before restoring?

Thanks!
05-03-2016, 07:35 AM #2
Gryphus
Former Super Moderator
Originally posted by kornhulio08 View Post
Hey everybody, I want to upgrade my internal HDD on my jailbroken PS3 (CECH-2512A). Im using the backup/restore method, now my question is, when i get to the reformat new HDD part, will I be able to restore immediately with my backup assuming installing automatically the 4.78 CFW CEX along with the backup? Or will it ask me the latest OFW or in this case since my PS3 is jailbroken, I can use the 4.78 CFW CEX before restoring?

Thanks!

Thread moved to PS3 mods questions
05-03-2016, 08:43 PM #3
Dro
i<3myPs3
Hey everybody, I want to upgrade my internal HDD on my jailbroken PS3 (CECH-2512A). Im using the backup/restore method, now my question is, when i get to the reformat new HDD part, will I be able to restore immediately with my backup assuming installing automatically the 4.78 CFW CEX along with the backup? Or will it ask me the latest OFW or in this case since my PS3 is jailbroken, I can use the 4.78 CFW CEX before restoring?

Thanks!

1.Insert the new hdd
2. Boot ps3 into recovery
3. Select option "restore ps3 system"
this will format the new hdd to the ps3
When its done you will be brought to a black screen asking for your last syscall(last cfw you had installed)
4.Reinstall your cfw (or a downgrader and then a cfw of your choice)

The following user thanked Dro for this useful post:

kornhulio08
05-04-2016, 03:41 AM #4
Originally posted by Dro View Post
1.Insert the new hdd
2. Boot ps3 into recovery
3. Select option "restore ps3 system"
this will format the new hdd to the ps3
When its done you will be brought to a black screen asking for your last syscall(last cfw you had installed)
4.Reinstall your cfw (or a downgrader and then a cfw of your choice)

thanks!
05-04-2016, 04:56 AM #5
Hydrogen
Super Mod
thanks!

Question Answered. Thread Closed. Moved to PS3 Mods Answered Questions.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo